Curious as to your reaction if you found your suite window like this

bajathree

While those frosted glass thingys are are not all that uncommon with double paned windows, it seems it is not all that easy to replace. That being said, it would have been a real problem for me. I have seen those glasses left for years in public areas. Seems they put off replacing them until a drydock. A window in a room should be replace at the first home port. No excuse for that one.

OK

Now

Steve where are you?

So we can all rest; what if anything will you do?

By the way-----How was the rest of your cruise?

Safe travels

Sue and crew

Sue....the rest of the sailing was great as always;) Dined in Chops and Portofino...both good as always...had room service one day for lunch... steak sandwich was very good. Even ate in the MDR the last night....something I don't do much....food and service were very good. Service in both the CL and DL was excellent....love Oana:) We were invited to a bridge tour the last day at sea....never saw the tour so crowded....there must have been at least 75 people.....bit of an odd thing was they didn't even have security do a metal detector check as usual....walked right into the bridge...they had soft drinks and snacks for everyone....nice:cool: Saturday Night Fever although a bit different from Chicago and Hairspray was done very well. Ice show is my favorite on Liberty. Can't exactly put my finger on it but I felt the pace of this 4 night sailing was very rushed....I have sailed Oasis both on a 4 night and 5 night and never remember felling that way.....lots of stuff packed into 4 nights....but it's all good:cool:

I just had to replace the glass in one of my glass sliders and from start to finish, the whole evolution took me about 1.5 hours....working by myself. If they had the glass on board to replace it, they could have certainly got it done on a turn-around morning, or even while you were in port.

While those frosted glass thingys are are not all that uncommon with double paned windows, it seems it is not all that easy to replace. That being said, it would have been a real problem for me. I have seen those glasses left for years in public areas. Seems they put off replacing them until a drydock. A window in a room should be replace at the first home port. No excuse for that one.

Oh my. And then the complaint would have been the horrendous smell that suddenly appeared in your cabin.

Typically, from what I know, when a maintenance issue comes up, they will look out and see the first week the room is not booked and they will "pull" it. But if someone is already booked, they clearly cannot snatch it back unless there is another room to put them in. I have seen them do this with one of my clients and later learned it was for maintenance.

Unfortunate? Yes. Enough to ruin a cruise? No. Negligence? I don't see it. I think I would prefer a foggy window over a horrendously smelly cabin.

I believe that once again RCL missed the opportunity to provide good customer service, a simple note along with a small gift ie; fruit or a bottle of wine, would have gone a long way with anyone staying in the room, but RCL once again showed that the customer isn't always the priority.

It gives new meaning to booking a cabin with an obstructed view.

Ditto, I think this should have been corrected, or credit given. If they know it is a issue, a good will bottle of champs, some berries, and a room credit should have been waiting in your room upon arrive.

We once had a Drawer that would only pull out about 2 inches in our cabin, should we have recieved OBC of somekind? I mean it was useless to us.

Jimbo:)

So you think that the subject of this thread and a broken draw are of the same level of concern?

Did you report it so others would not have to endure the hardship you did?

My husband would have just fixed the drawer.

Safe travels

Think it would have been next to impossible to fix, the guides and ball bearings I could see laying inside the drawer were completely destroyed. :eek:

It was a sight you wouldn't want to see.:rolleyes: It's a event that has really stuck with my wife and I.

Jimbo:)

I've only sailed on Carnival and only had an oceanview once, but the window was really dirty, but it was dirty on the outside, not the inside so I just lived with it. And in all of the interior rooms I've stayed in there were stains on the carpet and the remotes were always being held together with tape. I let it slide since the rooms were so cheap I figure you get what you pay for. Those things I wouldn't tolerate as well in a suite. ETA: Just to add so I don't sounds like a whiner (I swear I'm not!) but one of my interiors had 4-5 of the largest stains I have ever seen! I decided to take one of the white wash cloths and dab at the stain to see if it was just "there" and that effort was made to clean it... nope! It came up on the wash cloth. Red wine! It seemed to me that no effort was made to clean them. Just vacuum over it and move on!

A cousin of mine sailed Carnival once and told me about these sorts of issues with the cabin. She also would never think of booking Carnival again.

As for that large stain that you mentioned, I think it demonstrates a lack of pride on the part of the cabin stewart and the hotel manager in their work and the appearance of the ship. I don't care what category cabin it was.

Given that this door issue was an ongoing issue they should have just requested a brand new door and popped the old one out and the new one in.

Unacceptable for this not to have been fixed.

I do wonder sometimes how customer service can vary so much between ships & departments within a ship!

I thought the customer was the most important one on the ship.

I was told they have the glass to replace it but it hasn't got done because the cabin is always booked.

Completely unacceptable response.

Unacceptable on so many levels. Send that photo and a complaint in. You paid for a "full" view..and got half.

Agree 100%.

"Always booked?" Are they planning on waiting until her next drydock in 3-5 years before fixing it?

My thoughts exactly.

The customer service aspect of RCI is certainly slipping, as this thread outlines. (The fact that this was a suite guarantee is a "non issue" for this matter).

RCI should not have booked the room, or provided an alternate accommodation. To just ignore it or laugh it off is an insult to a paying passenger. As others have said, acknowledging the problem with some restitution should have been automatic if the above resolutions were not possible. The passengers should not have to go to customer relations requesting resolution, and this is where RCI appears to consistently drop the ball.

JMHO

TnT

RCI routinely fills their ships, despite issues like this one.

Evidently they don't really care and maybe they don't need to care about things like food quality...routine maintenance..etc if people still book their ships.

Someone may always be right there to book a cabin if someone who is unsatisfied goes elsewhere.

If they had the glass on board to replace it, they could have certainly got it done on a turn-around morning, or even while you were in port.

On our first cruise (NCL), we returned to our Oceanview Stateroom and found that our window had cracked into a million pieces- still intact. An engineer and ship's officer came immediately, with the officer jokingly asking "vat did you do to my ship?!". We were told that sometimes the windows are installed too tightly and will crack over time. It was replaced while we enjoyed a shore excursion that afternoon. We were surprised to received a note of apology for the inconvenience- along with a bottle of wine! The fact that the OP's stateroom is "always booked" is no excuse for the GS occupants, week after week, to have an obscured view.

On our first cruise (NCL), we returned to our Oceanview Stateroom and found that our window had cracked into a million pieces- still intact. An engineer and ship's officer came immediately, with the officer jokingly asking "vat did you do to my ship?!". We were told that sometimes the windows are installed too tightly and will crack over time. It was replaced while we enjoyed a shore excursion that afternoon. We were surprised to received a note of apology for the inconvenience- along with a bottle of wine! The fact that the OP's stateroom is "always booked" is no excuse for the GS occupants, week after week, to have an obscured view.

That sounds like such great customer service. Wouldn't it have been great for RCI if the OP had that kind of story to post instead of the one that happened. Your story also seems to put an end to this theory of replacing the glass stinking up the room.

I just came off Liberty beginning of this week and stayed in a Grand Suite. Upon entering my suite I found one of the windows completely obscured...it was full of moisture between the glass and you couldn't see thru it at all. It was only a 4 night sailing so didn't make a big deal about it but did mention it the cabin steward. I was told they have the glass to replace it but it hasn't got done because the cabin is always booked. I also casually mentioned to the concierge in the CL joking to him saying ....I see the glass between the CL and the hall is obscured just like in my cabin so nobody could see in. It was laughed off and I was told there was another suite besides mine with the same issue. Like I said being a 4 night sailing I pretty much shrugged it off but was a bit disappointed that Royal wouldn't fix something like this right away.....they must have a way to fix these glass panels without such a big deal.....what if a glass panel broke during a sailing:confused:

Just curious what your opinion is and what would be your reaction if you walked into your suite and found one of the glass panels looking like this.

2840496750104385121S600x600Q85.jpg

I would be really ticked. I would have let them know when I would have been out of my cabin and that They could fix it then. If refused I would have insisted on a new cabin, if not available then definitely an OBC, and not a small token one either. That is terrible. And I'm not one to complain either.

That would have driven me crazy! I'm a "clean glass" nut....a smudge and I'm wiping and polishing!

Me too. I've been known to take a towel and clean my own doors and balcony glass. We had a great steward on Liberty (TA) who cleaned all the glass several times!

Proof that it can be done while there are people in the cabin. Shame on RCCL for leaving this unattended and making excuses.

The customer service aspect of RCI is certainly slipping, as this thread outlines. (The fact that this was a suite guarantee is a "non issue" for this matter).

RCI should not have booked the room, or provided an alternate accommodation. To just ignore it or laugh it off is an insult to a paying passenger. As others have said, acknowledging the problem with some restitution should have been automatic if the above resolutions were not possible. The passengers should not have to go to customer relations requesting resolution, and this is where RCI appears to consistently drop the ball.

JMHO

TnT

I would bet you money that RCI Miami was blissfully unaware that there was an issue. They don't even know when a hurricane is closing in on San Juan, forcing the ship to depart early.

I would bet you money that RCI Miami was blissfully unaware that there was an issue. They don't even know when a hurricane is closing in on San Juan, forcing the ship to depart early.

I find it hard to beleive that the Hotel Director could not block as "out of order" this room, or any others that have major maintenence issues.

As others have said, if the pax don't complain enough, to the right people, then RCI will attempt to get away with it.

If this had been me, I would have had a meeting with the Customer Service Manager and the Hotel Director in that suite before the ship sailed. And, just for the record, they will come when requested. Have had personal experience with this in the past with severe suite and/or personnel issues.

TnT

Archived