Pics of Infinity post refurb please

Jborosara

We loved our Infinity CS to Alaska two summers ago. It was perfect sitting in that big comfy chair right by the window with a cup of coffee in the morning--so snug and warm looking down at the water and watching the ice flow past. I can't help but think the balcony will take that away. It will still be a great suite (and FANTASTIC for warm weather sailing), but it won't be the one I would choose for Alaska.
Once again this shows how we all have different points of view. One of the best things about an Alaska cruise for us is bundling up and spending time out on the balcony watching all that terrific constantly changing scenery. We enjoy having a balcony for Alaska even more than for warm weather sailings where it is often too hot to use the balcony.

When it is cold, you can always add another layer but when it is hot, there is only so much you can take off.

We always found the lack of a balcony to be a major shortcoming of the Celebrity suites as we love to experience the fresh sea air and sounds of the sea and dislike taking photos through windows. So we consider the addition of the balconies to be a major plus for Alaska cruises, unless the wind will be a problem. Guess we will find that out soon enough.

Once again this shows how we all have different points of view. One of the best things about an Alaska cruise for us is bundling up and spending time out on the balcony watching all that terrific constantly changing scenery. We enjoy having a balcony for Alaska even more than for warm weather sailings where it is often too hot to use the balcony.

When it is cold, you can always add another layer but when it is hot, there is only so much you can take off.

We always found the lack of a balcony to be a major shortcoming of the Celebrity suites as we love to experience the fresh sea air and sounds of the sea and dislike taking photos through windows. So we consider the addition of the balconies to be a major plus for Alaska cruises, unless the wind will be a problem. Guess we will find that out soon enough.

I totally agree. I love being able to open the balcony door, and let some of that fresh air in the room, and listening to the sea is so peaceful.

• 2 weeks later...

I know this thread is about Infinity but hope some of the seasoned Celebrity cruises can help me with my dilemma.

We're new to Celebrity and are booked on Millennium for b2b2b cruises in 2013. We like Aqua Class but have concerns about the overhang and supports on deck 9. Any input and or links to good/bad cabins is appreciated.

JetAway

Which cabin number were you in on deck 9? We have one reserved on the Millenium for one of the Asian cruises in 2013. It is also below the grill area closer to the restrooms.

That's where they have the Aqua class cabins other than aft.

Thanks

Is the grill are the "Pool Grill" on the deckplan?

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

I know this thread is about Infinity but hope some of the seasoned Celebrity cruises can help me with my dilemma.

We're new to Celebrity and are booked on Millennium for b2b2b cruises in 2013. We like Aqua Class but have concerns about the overhang and supports on deck 9. Any input and or links to good/bad cabins is appreciated.

Bringing this back to the top in hopes someone can answer my question about the deck 9 overhang on Millennium class ships.

Bringing this back to the top in hopes someone can answer my question about the deck 9 overhang on Millennium class ships.

This is the overhang on the Summit over Deck nine when the cabins were Concierge Class. I haven't seen any pictures from deck 9 since the refurbishment on Millennium.

This photo was not taken by me, but unfortunately, the name of the photographer was not posted with the photo, so I cannot give credit where credit is due.

645482396_fq97G-L.jpg

Edited by elena7seas

No pics of the deck 11 AQ cabins or balconies yet???

I think the first pics I am going to see are the ones I take on the Summit in April!

I've already seen pics of Beyonce & Blue Ivy :p

Not sure what kind of 'pics of the deck 11 AQ cabins or balconies' you want... attached is a pic of deck 11 from the tender. I have other photos of 'deck 11'.

We were on the 02 January 2012 BA to Valparaiso Cruise and we had a CC cabin on Deck 7, but during our 'cabin crawl' we saw an AQ cabin on deck 11. We also visited a renamed AQ on deck 9... all 3 of our cabins looked pretty much the same inside, except for shower.

734196167_IMG_0499CC.jpg.3a78a8b6ad8451f44d74acad103ec1b0.jpg

Not sure what kind of 'pics of the deck 11 AQ cabins or balconies' you want... attached is a pic of deck 11 from the tender. I have other photos of 'deck 11'.

We were on the 02 January 2012 BA to Valparaiso Cruise and we had a CC cabin on Deck 7, but during our 'cabin crawl' we saw an AQ cabin on deck 11. We also visited a renamed AQ on deck 9... all 3 of our cabins looked pretty much the same inside, except for shower.

Thanks for the pic. The aft cabins/balconies on deck 11 are the elusive shots. Any pics from above looking down or up from the aft bar are what I am looking for. Right now there is a lot of speculation as far as privacy from above on any of the deck 11 cabins. Did you get a chance to get up to deck 12 and look down even if you didn't take a picture?

Thanks.

Any comments that the occupants of the Deck 11 AQ class made about possible noise or lack thereof would be great too. Of specific concern is the deck above the cabins.

Did many use that deck on your cruise?

Many thanks for your feedback, we're in a Deck 11 AQ in 2013 and are looking eagerly for feedback from those earlybirds who have already occupied one.

Thanks for the pic. The aft cabins/balconies on deck 11 are the elusive shots. Any pics from above looking down or up from the aft bar are what I am looking for. Right now there is a lot of speculation as far as privacy from above on any of the deck 11 cabins. Did you get a chance to get up to deck 12 and look down even if you didn't take a picture?

Thanks.

Yes... I did go to deck 12 and looked down because I had a similar concern after seeing the additions during the refurb. After checking the area, I no longer have any 'privacy concerns' with the AQ cabins on deck 11. I have attached some photos.

614871701_Fmomdeck11lookingaft.jpg.c1331725841896c76d7e315f1b74526c.jpg

678174231_Fromdeack12lookingdownattheledgecoveringAQBalconies.jpg.91cc9e9c225697f1a57b129504932e50.jpg

1360758752_Fromdeck12aftlookingdown.jpg.009ee39fe2821e44d1a450239131012e.jpg

2086174461_Fromthelandingatthetopoftheaftstairs.jpg.ffd9141fff7b21e2d3fc460697f47644.jpg

490856643_FromtheSunsetBar.jpg.4e9adc6fd2eae9282634bfe2fde38215.jpg

Any comments that the occupants of the Deck 11 AQ class made about possible noise or lack thereof would be great too. Of specific concern is the deck above the cabins.

Did many use that deck on your cruise?

Many thanks for your feedback, we're in a Deck 11 AQ in 2013 and are looking eagerly for feedback from those earlybirds who have already occupied one.

One of our fellow private tour members had a Deck 11 AQ and they told me they did not have any issues or concerns. There is a court on the starboard side just outside the door to the new cabins and I did hear some noise from someone hitting a tennis ball against the wall while I was taking pictures.

Our 'cabin crawl' group met at the landing area of the aft elevators on deck 11 to start our tour of the cabins, but outside of that, I did not see a lot of traffic in that area when I was there.

And here is a night view (this photo was taken by me):

i-frcXppv-L.jpg

Thanks for the pictures. :)

Just spent 2 weeks in on deck 11 in # 1138 and can reassure anyone there are no issues to worry about. The balcony is odd shaped adding about 4 feet on the right side which makes the balcony much bigger than normal.

The overhang from deck 12 covers about 1/2 of the balcony for 1138 and there is sun to be had as well as shade if you need it.

No issues with noise ever! No issues with smoke ever!

No basketball court on 12 - that is way up forward. The only use deck 12 gets above this room is for sun bathing. We did have a banging noise during the night when we had a real wind storm outside - but I think that came from deck chairs banging against the railing in the storm. Never happened again though.

All in all the room was great. New everything and the shower was nice. Could have had more water pressure.

Sorry - I have pictures but for some reason they won't upload. Rest assurred though - if you pick aft deck 11 you won't be disappointed.

We have booked an AQ cabin (Deck 9) on the soon-to-be refurbished Summit, which I imagine will be very much like the infinity - can you tell me if the rooms received an updated look with bedding/decor similar to what is seen on S-class ships? How were the bathrooms different? Were their shower curtains or doors? THANK YOU FOR ANY INFO!

And one last question - overall... how did you like ship - the new look & vibe?

We have booked an AQ cabin (Deck 9) on the soon-to-be refurbished Summit, which I imagine will be very much like the infinity - can you tell me if the rooms received an updated look with bedding/decor similar to what is seen on S-class ships? How were the bathrooms different? Were their shower curtains or doors? THANK YOU FOR ANY INFO!

And one last question - overall... how did you like ship - the new look & vibe?

Not sure I can be of a lot of help... the AQ cabin we saw on deck 9 was formerly a CC cabin on Infinity now re-labeled AQ. It looked exactly the same as our CC cabin on deck 7, except for the shower and the shower door... we had a shower curtain and a regular shower head.

This was our first time on Celebrity... but we like smaller ships vs larger one and Infinity looked to be in great shape to us. I should also state that we are 'destination cruisers' and we have liked all the cruise ships we have ever been on.:)