No response for Statendam roll call, April 27, 2012

shanni-shanni

I started a roll call post a week ago for the Panama Canal cruise going to Vancouver, April 27, 2012 on the Statendam.

So far I have no response. There are three other similar cruises around that time (Amsterdam, Westerdam and Zuiderdam). With the exception of the Zuiderdam roll call, the others are pretty quiet too (but they have at least a couple of other postings).

Does it mean anything? Tom

Doesn't mean a thing. Just that the ones who have purchased their tickets are not CCers or that it is still awhile before the cruise.

Some people purchase tickets and never think about the cruise until a month before.

I started a roll call post a week ago for the Panama Canal cruise going to Vancouver, April 27, 2012 on the Statendam.

So far I have no response. There are three other similar cruises around that time (Amsterdam, Westerdam and Zuiderdam). With the exception of the Zuiderdam roll call, the others are pretty quiet too (but they have at least a couple of other postings).

Does it mean anything? Tom

Not really. Look for more action once the final payment time and within 40 days out to sailing. I found that way out on most of the roll calls that only a few reply way out. But as it get close to sailing, more viewing and posting on the roll call.

Then you have some that just get very little action.

Just keep it active and look for more action closer!

Our march 2nd Statendam roll call has not had much activity either. I know I only discovered this website a year ago and was not on it for my first Holland cruise or my RCI cruises prior to that. I have friends who are on the cruise and none have signed up for CC either.

To get it in perspective, out of about 800 passengers on our cruise on the Prisendam, about forty ended up being listed on CC roll call. But perhaps fifteen were at the get together. No-one has written a review of the cruise, so this whole site is only attracting a small number of cruisers.

To get it in perspective, out of about 800 passengers on our cruise on the Prisendam, about forty ended up being listed on CC roll call. But perhaps fifteen were at the get together. No-one has written a review of the cruise, so this whole site is only attracting a small number of cruisers.

and on our P'dam cruise nearly 100 were on our cc roll call and nearly all came to the meet and greet :) Roll calls vary - I have found less activity on Carib vs Europe, but that's just my experience - keep it active and hopefully more will join in as it gets closer:)

I agree with previous posters, and I know how you feel. I started the roll call for our Statendam Panama Canal cruise (this Friday, hurray!) back in July, and it was two weeks before I got the first response. I thought we'd be the only people on the cruise! We now have a small roll call - 26 people for the Meet & Greet - with 82 posts so far.

This is our first cruise with HAL, and previously, on Princess and even Oceania, which we did last year, there were far more active roll calls. This does not seem to bear any relation to the size and passenger capacity of the ship, by the way - last year the ship only held 700 passengers.

I'm sure your roll call will pick up, and eventually you'll "meet" some of your fellow-cruisers, but there will be far more on the cruise who haven't even heard of Cruise Critic!

Enjoy planning your cruise. I have.

I wouldn't sweat it, you're going to have a great time. With as large as the interweb is and we "only" have members that come to 776,273, a good chance that not many folks are aware of Cruise Critic.

Like I said, you're going to enjoy the time no matter if it is a large or small roll call!

Derek

• 2 months later...
I'm new to cruise critic. Is roll call a place where you can join a group of other cruisers on the same ship and share information?

Exactly! And welcome to CC.

Do you need help finding your way over to the roll-call boards? I'll be happy to type out directions, if you need them.

It really doesn't mean anything. Some Roll Calls are very active -- some aren't.

Boy is that the truth. I have seen some as dead as a door nail and others with tons of activity. It seems even worse on the Prinsendam, I guess because of her size.

Boy is that the truth. I have seen some as dead as a door nail and others with tons of activity. It seems even worse on the Prinsendam, I guess because of her size.

Roll calls are really weird - there seems to be no rhyme or reason how they go. Ours on the P'dam for 2013 is already on the go.:) Hopefully yours picks up as it gets closer

Archived