LIVE from the GOLDEN PRINCESS Dec 7- Dec 21,2011

Celest1022

We had to cancel night before cruise as I needed emergency glacoma surgery. This was suppost to be my wife's dream vacation. I am totally disappointed. Enjoy your cruise and say hi to all CC members for us. Enjoy.--Logger1 (Jack and Wendy)

Edited by Logger1
wrong post to answer to

We had to cancel night before cruise as I needed emergency glacoma surgery. This was suppost to be my wife's dream vacation. I am totally disappointed. Enjoy your cruise and say hi to all CC members for us. Enjoy.--Logger1 (Jack and Wendy)

Hope you fully recover & can book another Hawaiian cruise soon! :)

I have read recent reports on CC that lava is again flowing into the ocean between Hilo and Kona. Just wondering if your Captain might route your ship by the volcano flow. We're hoping that might happen also on the December 21st cruise?

Sorry but the Captain did not follow that route. It would have been nice to see it. The last 3 years they have not taken that route.

We are headed back to Calif. This is our 1st sea day. It was a bit rocky last night but not bad. Overall I'd say the ship has been very smooth sailing. I'll start with the ports and weather. Hilo,,,was overcast all day but very pleasant. Honnolulu was in the 80's and hot on the balcony with scattered showers a few times but had a down pour about 5 pm. Kauai,,,was perfect weather,,,overcast at times but temps were great. Maui,,,,perfectly clear all day few clouds and a few sightings of whales from the ship. I personally was very delighted with all the weather conditions.

Princess has cancelled all the helicopter tours due to the recent accident on Molokai. I'm glad because,,I've known for years how dangerous the helicopter flights are and it can be very risky. The food on the ship has been ok but I'm comparing it to last year and it was better last year overall. They do change chefs every 6 mos or so. The service has been excellant as always no complaints. The desserts are still "To Die For". Aloha for now!!!

The Captain of the ship is Captain David Calabrese

Thank you so much for the information.

I am doing this cruise in September and my friends are going next December so have been anxious to pass along the information on the weather to them.

Continue to enjoy your cruise.

This information is terrific! We are on the sailing this coming Wednesday, the 21st (3 days, 21 hours and 15 minutes, but who's counting?). Any tips, hints and words of wisdom are welcomed. Did you do any excursions on the islands?

Thanks!

Those of you sailing next week, could someone get back to us on this thread about the number of children on the holiday cruise, please! This is kinda important to me in deciding if we will do this cruise next holiday. Thank you!

Katherine (boarding the Disney Wonder tomorrow!!!)

• 5 years later...
The Captain of the ship is Captain David Calabrese

Hi Celest! I sent you a friend request because I blog about messages in bottles and found your message in a bottle story from a while back--it's amazing! I would love to speak with you about it sometime! Feel free to drop me a line here if you like: https://messageinabottlehunter.com/contact/

Hi Celest! I sent you a friend request because I blog about messages in bottles and found your message in a bottle story from a while back--it's amazing! I would love to speak with you about it sometime! Feel free to drop me a line here if you like: https://messageinabottlehunter.com/contact/

But I don't think friend requests do anything on CC

You realize the poster has not posted since 2011. Or am I missing something?

Well if they started anewthread someone would have said, so a search before you start anew thread. Can't win around here.

Post #37 Dec 2011 was the last time Celeste posted on Cruise Critic.