Best time to go to gym - least crowded

kywildcatfanone

Hi folks,

We are going to be on the Grand in a couple of weeks. Would like advice on the best time to go to the gym on sea and port days. I've tried going early in the morning, and it's usually quite crowded. Would something like 10-11 am be good, or 2-3pm?

Thanks,

Mike

I go after 5:00pm & have never had a problem using a treadmill for an hour because it's uncrowded. With late TD, it works great for me & figure it's a good way to try to increase my metabolism before dinner. :p

Late afternoon seems to work best for me - like 3pm on. And in my experience, by the last few days of the cruise, the gym's a lot less busy even in the AM. Hey, it's vacation... get back on the treadmill when the party's over! ;)

Cheers,

Kirsten

My preference is to be there 1st thing in the morning just as they open the doors, there's usually a few others waiting but at that time all the machines and equipment are available. But of course within a half hour or so the gym is usually packed... If you're not a early riser the other suggestions regarding the late afternoon and evening are spot on.

I like to start my day onboard in the gym, followed by a great breakfast (my cruise ritual ) :)

Srpilo

My preference is to be there 1st thing in the morning just as they open the doors, there's usually a few others waiting but at that time all the machines and equipment are available. But of course within a half hour or so the gym is usually packed... If you're not a early riser the other suggestions regarding the late afternoon and evening are spot on.

I like to start my day onboard in the gym, followed by a great breakfast (my cruise ritual ) :)

Srpilo

Agree. if you are an early riser get there when it opens. No problem. :)

Anyone know what time it opens in the AM?

Princess gym's are ship specific.. Some ships it's 7:00am (way to late IMO) and some it's 6:00am.

As an example, the Ruby this october was 6:00am, but the Grand in may was 7:00am

Srpilo

Archived