Anybody wearing orange to celebrate Dutch queen's birthday, April 30 on HAL

shanni-shanni

Last year we wore orange to celebrate the queen's birthday on the Oosterdam. It appeared we were the only ones including the ship's staff.

We are going to be on another HAL ship again this year. Just wondering if we should try to carry on the tradition.

Tom

Last year we wore orange to celebrate the queen's birthday on the Oosterdam. It appeared we were the only ones including the ship's staff.

We are going to be on another HAL ship again this year. Just wondering if we should try to carry on the tradition.

Tom

We will be on HAL too, on the 30th of April and will probably wear some orange "touches".

If I was going to be on a ship on that date, I would wear something that had at least a touch of orange. :) I loved the HAL flag which preceded the current one. The Orange flag was great IMO..... for House of Orange, Holland's Royal Family.

If I were sailing on a Hal ship April 30 I would wear something with Orange, including my Mexican Orange Quartz & Silver jewelry as I did last year on the "O". Believe I was the one who told you Tom, about this tradition. The previous year many more people participated, especially in the MDR during late fixed seating.:)

Aboard the Noordam in 1902 my great-grandparents were treated to champagne by the queen in honor of her mother's birthday. This custom may have been dropped in the intervening 109 years.

I am not a royalist and would not wear orange if I had any.

Archived