Todays special deal

ROYALBOY

I received an e-mail this morning of special deals on the Jewel or the Monarch, that had to be booked by 11:59 tonight.

So I clicked on the reserve now link to see what the fantastic deals were and got this:

There are currently no sailings available for this limited-time offer. Please check back soon

I think they need some help...either Marketing or IT...not sure which.:)

Funny, I have signed up repeatedly to get email offers from RCI and have never gotten one:( I am actually asking a company to send me mailings and they can't get it right:eek:

Anyhow...is it possible they are already sold out? Sometimes companies offer just a few cabins and once they are gone, so is the offer.

Funny, I have signed up repeatedly to get email offers from RCI and have never gotten one:( I am actually asking a company to send me mailings and they can't get it right:eek:

Anyhow...is it possible they are already sold out? Sometimes companies offer just a few cabins and once they are gone, so is the offer.

I doubt that being sold out is the issue. The "sale" for today is pretty lame. It isn't something that tons of people are just waiting to pounce on.

Here is todays sale....

Jewel out of Tampa 4 and 5 nights and Monarch out of Port Canaveral 3 and 4 nights.....

Sail dates between Jan 1 and April 30..... $25.00 OBC for inside and OV cabins and $50.00 OBC for balcony and above.

Perhaps the problem is the Spam filter on your end. Consider adding the royal Caribbean domain name to your spam filter white list. I'd bet if you scan thru your spam folder inbox. Those emails are in there.

Good luck.

Another lame sale combinable with about nothing:rolleyes:Now in contrast Celebrity has a sale coming out in early Jan that is giving you $200 off/cabin for 6-9 night sailings and $300 off for 10 nights or more...and if you are a Captains Club member you also get a $80 OBC added in...and it's combinable with just about everything...now thats a nice sale.

Another lame sale combinable with about nothing:rolleyes:Now in contrast Celebrity has a sale coming out in early Jan that is giving you $200 off/cabin for 6-9 night sailings and $300 off for 10 nights or more...and if you are a Captains Club member you also get a $80 OBC added in...and it's combinable with just about everything...now thats a nice sale.

The Celebrity deal is a nice as well as a "real" sale. This RCI thing is lame today and I expect the rest of the week to be exaclty the same.

Would you please tell mewhere I can find this,thanks.:cool:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/dealsandmore/featuredCruises/selectLandingPromo.do?promoCode=130977

PLUS it has all the typical fine print......not combinable with C&A discounts,shareholder,a NC,etc..

*Onboard credit offer is applicable to new individual bookings only; not applicable to groups. Bookings must be made on December 26, 2011 between 12:00am ET and 11:59pm ET. Offer is valid on Jewel of the Seas and Monarch of the Seas sailings departing between January 1, 2012 and April 30, 2012. Onboard credit offer is based on category paid; $25 per stateroom onboard credit for inside and outside staterooms and $50 per stateroom onboard credit for balcony and suite staterooms. One offer per stateroom. Onboard credit will be applied to reservation prior to departure date. No redemption required. Onboard credit has no cash value, is non-transferable, not redeemable for cash, and will expire if not used by 10:00 PM on the last evening of the cruise. Offer is combinable with LAF and restricted rates (Seniors, Residents, Military). Offer is not combinable with any other offer or promotion, including, but not limited to, Interline, Travel Agent, and Net Rates, Crown & Anchor Discounts, Shareholder Benefits or Next Cruise offers, promotions, or benefits. Offer is only available to residents of the United States and Canada. Onboard credit is in US dollars. Single occupancy guests paying 200% cruise fare qualify for onboard credit. Itineraries and prices are subject to change without notice. Government taxes and fees are additional. Offer is subject to availability and may be withdrawn at any time. Certain restrictions may apply.

Yes...lame. Since it cannot be combined with a balcony discount, or next cruise offer, why bother? The balcony discount is worth more (although Monarch doesn't have regular balconies). The Celebrity sale sounds nice, although it really only matches Royal's balcony discount...something they should do ALWAYS....but might be worth checking out..

fine print "not combinable with any other offer":eek:

What other offer would there be on Celebrity other than for NCC's :confused: It's not like they have C&A balcony discounts like Royal...and even then...it's still $200 off the price for a 7 night verse the $100 OBC you would get for an NCC...so still a better deal....and don't forget...you are still getting an $80 OBC...and it's even good for group bookings.

Prices and Offer are applicable to new individual bookings and group bookings named during the booking window, in USD, subject to availability, capacity controlled and subject to change without notice, not combinable with any other offer and may be withdrawn at any time.

If today's offer were a game of deal or no deal...I'd say NO deal. Although according to those who clicked the offer, RCI has already played the no deal card if there is nothing available. OH wait, I bet their IT dept. is working on that link. They'll have it working by Wednesday. Oh wait! It's a today offer only. :rolleyes: What's new?

Gina

I received an e-mail this morning of special deals on the Jewel or the Monarch, that had to be booked by 11:59 tonight.

So I clicked on the reserve now link to see what the fantastic deals were and got this:

There are currently no sailings available for this limited-time offer. Please check back soon

I think they need some help...either Marketing or IT...not sure which.:)

Hey! I just went and looked. I see sailings available. They must have actually fixed it.

But I still say NO deal. Let's see a real sale. A deal we can't refuse.

Gina

Hey! I just went and looked. I see sailings available. They must have actually fixed it.

But I still say NO deal. Let's see a real sale. A deal we can't refuse.

Gina

Hey....they needed time to adjust the prices up by the amount they are giving you back in OBC:p

Perhaps the problem is the Spam filter on your end. Consider adding the royal Caribbean domain name to your spam filter white list. I'd bet if you scan thru your spam folder inbox. Those emails are in there.

Good luck.

I've been trying for several years to get RCI to send me emails. On Friday I spoke with somebody at C&A who went through my account and noted that it was marked "do not send emails." Every time I do online checkin, I ask to be put on the mailing list. They also have an incorrect phone number that I've deleted multiple times, show my prior addresses in Oklahoma and Florida (try Connecticut, MA and VA) and have my husband's birthday as mine. All of that has been "fixed" multiple times but comes back in a week or so.

Their system is a shambles, if you ask me.

Hey....they needed time to adjust the prices up by the amount they are giving you back in OBC:p

AHHHH:rolleyes:That explains everything...Just looked at the Jewel cruise for 3/3/12 that we booked earlier this year, and the price p/p has gone up by $30 for our cabin category. So, when they give you a $50 OBC, they come out $10 ahead:rolleyes:. That's one heck of a sale...

It is now tomorrow..... you can start laughing.

OH no...I have decided to cry. I am so sad for RCI's marketing dept. They are calling these things "savings". I was mistaken at first when I thought they were called "sales". They are neither. How is $100 OBC to Bermuda a "savings".

I had hoped there would be something fun or interesting to book that was truly a great deal so we could feel like we got a "savings". And in order for it to be a real savings, they would have to NOT undercut the price immediately following final payment.

We would love to go to Bermuda. My DH has said this many times. But this is not the time to book it. Apparently we will have to continue to cruise shop for our own savings - watching and waiting for a last minute special when we are available. :(

Gina

Archived