RCCL Customer Service NOT helpful

TigerLady

MOST UPSET with RCCL right now. Our cruise fare dropped by $120.00. New policy, they won't do anything but upgrade you. We booked the cabin we did for a reason. So now we are being penalized for booking early. Can't cancel, no money back. Dude was less than helpful.. Said he would call me right back, I called HIM back an hour later. He then said he would send it to the "escalation dept". I feel like I have been ripped off. If it was 20 or 30 bucks I would feel different. $$120.00 is an excursion or two .... Sorry, just had to rant.. thanks for listening.....

If they sent you an invoice for a price increase would you pay for it:confused:? I dont think so. They changed the policy back in 2010, at least they offered you an upgrade. All main cruise lines are like this

Like everybody says, you were happy with the price when you booked it or you wouldn't have booked it.:cool:

I understand how frustrated you feel... I had two rooms booked and the fare dropped not once but twice after final payment!! I finally used the opportunity of the second drop to upgrade one of the rooms to a junior suite...so that made me feel a little better:)! Probably the only time I will be able to afford to do so!

Policy changed May of 2010, so not exactly new. This is the way ALL of the cruiselines do it now.

You were happy with the price when you decided to book it, don't let it put a damper on your trip.

Sorry to correct you, but not ALL of the cruiselines are doing this. I KNOW Carnvial is not. Same issue came up last October, no problem.

It isn't putting a damper on my trip, as I wrote in my initial post, "Had to rant' thanks for listening..." As for a price increase, I've done that we had put booked , then they added fuel surcharges...

Sorry to correct you, but not ALL of the cruiselines are doing this. I KNOW Carnvial is not. Same issue came up last October, no problem.

It isn't putting a damper on my trip, as I wrote in my initial post, "Had to rant' thanks for listening..." As for a price increase, I've done that we had put booked , then they added fuel surcharges...

Carnival does not either, except if you are booked with their early saver which is a non refundable deposit.

MOST UPSET with RCCL right now. Our cruise fare dropped by $120.00. New policy, they won't do anything but upgrade you. We booked the cabin we did for a reason. So now we are being penalized for booking early. Can't cancel, no money back. Dude was less than helpful.. Said he would call me right back, I called HIM back an hour later. He then said he would send it to the "escalation dept". I feel like I have been ripped off. If it was 20 or 30 bucks I would feel different. $$120.00 is an excursion or two .... Sorry, just had to rant.. thanks for listening.....

Look at this way, you paid a premium to get the cabin that you wanted.:)

You can usually get better deals booking late but the cabins are limited. It's a choice you have to make. Whatever is important to you. Either a good deal or cabin choice. I always book far in advance to get the cabin I want and I'm happy with the price.

You can usually get better deals booking late but the cabins are limited. It's a choice you have to make. Whatever is important to you. Either a good deal or cabin choice. I always book far in advance to get the cabin I want and I'm happy with the price.

I agree sometimes you get better deals booking late (not always), but you have limited cabin selection. You booked early and got just the cabin you want for a price you considered fair at the time.

Carnival early saver comes with strings attached, like nonrefundable deposits and penalties for any changes...if you are OK with those rules and carnival's product, maybe you should book them next time. if not, I guess you will have to live with the final payment is final policy like the rest of us.

Another unsatisfied customer who did not read the fine print. We miss those days when we got it back, as others have said this has been the rule since May 2010.

Yep. Wow, what's up lately?... several of these same threads recently. *shrug*

OP, not sure what you think can be done. The people who post here, you included, are privileged and blessed to be able to cruise at all. Please just go and enjoy your cruise in the cabin you selected. :)

I can understand the OP being upset or maybe not agreeing with the policy. However, this is one time where I feel it is very wrong to blame customer service for not being able to do what you want them to. You knew, or should have known, what the policy was when you booked. It is fine to rant if it makes you feel better but don't blame RCI customer service reps for this one.

Policy changed May 17th of 2010, so not exactly new. This is the way ALL of the cruiselines do it now.

You were happy with the price when you decided to book it, don't let it put a damper on your trip.

Hi, Sue.

You are always a wealth of good info and I know this is your area of expertise so I hesitate to disagree, but our experience with Princess was different. We booked the Med for May 2012 with Princess....price went down (before final payment) and the Princess rep very courteously gave us the new, lower price. We were thrilled since it was about $700. BIL and SIL got a price reduction of about the same amount on their cabin (different category) the same day.....lucky us!

I can understand the OP being upset or maybe not agreeing with the policy. However, this is one time where I feel it is very wrong to blame customer service for not being able to do what you want them to. You knew, or should have known, what the policy was when you booked. It is fine to rant if it makes you feel better but don't blame RCI customer service reps for this one.

I agree, why complain about "customer service" when they're simply stating the facts and the policy and have no way to change that:rolleyes:

Hi, Sue.

You are always a wealth of good info and I know this is your area of expertise so I hesitate to disagree, but our experience with Princess was different. We booked the Med for May 2012 with Princess....price went down (before final payment) and the Princess rep very courteously gave us the new, lower price. We were thrilled since it was about $700. BIL and SIL got a price reduction of about the same amount on their cabin (different category) the same day.....lucky us!

RCI and all cruiselines will give you the price reduction BEFORE final payment.

It's after final payment that the OP is complaining about. None of the cruiselines give the price adjustment after final payment (except for the aforementioned Carnival Early Saver rate, which has other restrictions, such as non-refundable deposit)

To the OP: when this is the industry-wide policy, Customer Service is not to blame.

And not all fares go down after final payment. Our upcoming Explorer cruise more than doubled in price. Same with our last Allure cruise - it increased by several hundred dollars. In fact, since we cruise during prime time (summers and school holidays), we've never had a price reduction at all, not even before final payment.

Hi, Sue.

The key words are "before final payment" Once final payment comes, thats it.

Hi, Sue.

I was talking after final payment, all will adjust before hand

Hi, Sue.

The key word here is "before". RCI would have definitely given you the price reduction as well as long as it wasn't for "new bookings" only.

hahaha.......I think J&G knows now it is before,.:D:D:D

You can still get a price drop with RC before final payment as well.

RCI and all cruiselines will give you the price reduction BEFORE final payment.

The key words are "before final payment" Once final payment comes, thats it.

The key word here is "before"..

Thanks for clarifying....and thank you to the MANY others who made that clear! :D:D:D Guess I should have read the whole thread.....and maybe pop in more often to keep up with what's going on....

The key word here is "before". RCI would have definitely given you the price reduction as well as long as it wasn't for "new bookings" only.

hahaha.......I think J&G knows now it is before,.:D:D:D

If you would have included my entire quote, I did add something that wasn't included in the other posts you quoted and it was added because I felt it was very important to the discussion.:p:)

Archived