Travel Express Docs and Check In? Am I missing something?

dannymac41

Hello,

Just want to make sure that I've got all my documents in order. We did the online check in/express documentation for an upcoming cruise next week (7day Eastern Caribbean). We went thru the webpages, got all "green check marks" and were able to then print our travel documents. I was also able to buy some indulgences for the cabin on the first day/evening at sea so I'm assuming that's all taken care of.

So maybe a simple question but that means we're checked in now right? So all we need to do is show up at the pier with our express docs, luggage tagged, and passports and we're good to go?

Does the check in at the pier just check the paperwork, put you thru security then you board? Or is there more to it?

Am I forgetting to do anything else? Any info is appreciated, thanks!!

You have done all you need to do :) I'm not sure where you are from or where you are going , but I am guessing you should bring your passports (might not apply depending on your cruise and where you are from)

Otherwise - I think you are all set :) Just pack your bags and have a fabulous time:)

In addition to the passport??

Mar56

Only your passport as ID, you are correct Mar56.

Also, if you go to your booking information, log in, go to my account and then reservations your current booking should be there. If you want to confirm your excursions or dining, massages etc just click on my itinerary, there should be a check mark against the extras you have booked for and the specific date and time.

Enjoy your cruise.

This happened on sailaway just four days ago....

Like the conversation that just happened with Shore Services (or whatever they are called) about the female with NO Photo ID and she is going to be put in a Taxi to go and get one taken (guess at Motot Vehicle or ...)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi!

One more comment regarding the check in documents....you only need to present your boarding pass when checking in. No need to take all those other pages unless you want them for your own reference.

Does that mean only the first page of the 9 sheets?

With the box with the name, stateroom number, ....

The next page is about arrival information, don't think that it's necessary but I just want to be sure!

Thank you in advance,

best

Richard

In addition to the passport??

Mar56

Some people like to leave their passport in the room safe and just take a photo ID (e.g. driver's license) ashore. I prefer to take my passport whenever I can, but still bring another photo ID just in case. :)

Hi!

Yes. I think the main reason the other pages are there is so that you can't say "nobody told me" about something that's in there. Since I bring a laptop, I bring the whole thing as a file, but only the first page on paper.

... about the female with NO Photo ID and she is going to be put in a Taxi to go and get one taken (guess at Motot Vehicle or ...)
She must not have had a passport, as that certainly is sufficient.

Hi!

With the box with the name, stateroom number, ....

The next page is about arrival information, don't think that it's necessary but I just want to be sure!

Thank you in advance,

best

Richard

All I ever print out is the first page. We have only been asked to show that page as we enter the terminnal. No one at the check-in counter has ever asked to see them or have taken them.

I do suggest that first time cruisers should run off all the pages and read over the contract.

All I ever print out is the first page. We have only been asked to show that page as we enter the terminnal. No one at the check-in counter has ever asked to see them or have taken them.

I do suggest that first time cruisers should run off all the pages and read over the contract.

If you have pre or post cruise packages with hotel reservations and transfers, these are shown on subsequent pages so it is a good thing to check before you only print off the first page.

Don't forget to notify your credit card company of your trip. They like to know which countries the card might be used in so security doesn't freeze the card when it suddenly shows someone trying to use it in a foreign country.

When I make the calls before a trip they are most appreciative that I have done so. Also notify your bank if you intend to use your debit card to withdraw funds while you are away.

We never used to do that and once when we were buying gas in Jacksonville, Florida on a car trip south, the card was red flagged and we had to get passports out before the credit card company would honour the transaction. Since then, we always call before we leave home.

Thank you very much.

We are a party of three, so I will print out all pages for one, and for the other two only the first page.

Don't like do print useless things.

[edit]

Had nearly never problems with my credit card, but only one time buying a online review of a bowling ball from bowling this month for 5 US$.

But this is a good point I will call my credit card company.

My bank card is working in US with no problems the last times, so I think this will be no issue.

We have no transfer booked.

Best

Richard

Hal asks you to bring the same credit card you used to book your trip.

It's the one that you've registered in your OnLine CheckIn that they want, which is not necessarily the one you've used used to book the cruise. At least that's the way it has been for our last three cruises, where we've used a different one onboard than for booking ... and will do so again soon.

Hal asks you to bring the same credit card you used to book your trip .

HAL does not ask to see a credit card at check-in unless you didn't supply a number to a valid card on the on-line check-in, or you want to change the credit card you did submit.

You will also fill out a health questionnaire at the pier before going up to the check in counter. Once at the check in counter you'll also have your photo taken for your cruise card.

This is not the same as having an embarkation photo taken by the ships photographer. They will asked you after check in but before boarding to stop to have a group photo taken that will be available for purchase later.

Archived