First time balcony - Fun things to do on it???

PBC29

We have coffee, and even room service breakfast out there every morning. It's a great place to read a book, Kindle, iPad, etc. Also room service dinner or snacks while watching the sky or other ships passing in the distance. We spend and hour or two on the balcony taking photos and videos while the ship is approaching our next destination or while pulling into port.

EXTREME hopscotch! Gotta jump over your tables and chairs!

I kid, I kid. I soloed a balcony on my last cruise, and I had room service and ate out there every morning.

Well, I ate a pre breakfast breakfast, followed by breakfast, then brunch followed by lunch, then afternoon snack, followed by ... well, you get the idea

EXTREME hopscotch! Gotta jump over your tables and chairs!

I kid, I kid. I soloed a balcony on my last cruise, and I had room service and ate out there every morning.

Well, I ate a pre breakfast breakfast, followed by breakfast, then brunch followed by lunch, then afternoon snack, followed by ... well, you get the idea

Snort.

If you luck out and dock with your balcony pier side at the ports - make sure you get back in time to watch the pier runners - the ones that are pushing missing the ship because they are getting back to the ship late. It is so much fun joining in the heckling with the others out in their balcony yelling at those poor souls to hurry up. Love shouting "run Forrest run" in unison with everyone else - so much fun.

If you luck out and dock with your balcony pier side at the ports - make sure you get back in time to watch the pier runners - the ones that are pushing missing the ship because they are getting back to the ship late. It is so much fun joining in the heckling with the others out in their balcony yelling at those poor souls to hurry up. Love shouting "run Forrest run" in unison with everyone else - so much fun.

Sounds like pretty juvenile behavior to me. I hope the people I cruise with have more class than this. :rolleyes:

We have had bubble makers and sent them floating away...........pretty.

You mean bubbles you blow from a wand? We tried that once at sailaway, first and last time.... made the deck slippery and the soap solution blew in people's eyes. Not as fun as one might think. :(

Sounds like pretty juvenile behavior to me. I hope the people I cruise with have more class than this.

Wow. The anonymity of a message board makes you say mean things. :(

Sounds like pretty juvenile behavior to me. I hope the people I cruise with have more class than this. :rolleyes:

Looks like you should steer clear of the "Fun Ships" Carnival offers. Ill market a cruise line for people like you. Ill call it BOPCL, or Boring Old People Cruise Line.

That way, your Snoody little comments won't go under appreciated!:rolleyes:

Nope - many of people of all ages partake in the viewing/heckling of the pier runners. Loads of vidoes on the net out there with prime examples.

FWIW, we were on a Princess cruise and most of the passengers on port side of the ship was saying in unison "run Forrest run" to a couple who were more than 30 minutes late and still just casually strolling to the ship with their shopping bags... Was this you? If so, I apologize for hurting your feelings; but you should have been back long before that point instead of taking your own sweet time at the expense of holding up the vacation of over 3,000 others who followed the rules.

BTW, we were among the youngest on the ship in our mid 40's, so the juvenille behavior we exhibited was taught to us that day by our elders!

I'm getting a balcony on my upcoming trip...hmmm sleeping out there under the stars sounds awesome.

Might not be the best idea if you're not on a high floor. You could wake up soaking wet with salty seawater, which is not a fun thing to experience. I know that when we've had balconies on lower floors, the deck was always wet and salty in the morning.

Nope - many of people of all ages partake in the viewing/heckling of the pier runners. Loads of vidoes on the net out there with prime examples.

FWIW, we were on a Princess cruise and most of the passengers on port side of the ship was saying in unison "run Forrest run" to a couple who were more than 30 minutes late and still just casually strolling to the ship with their shopping bags... Was this you? If so, I apologize for hurting your feelings; but you should have been back long before that point instead of taking your own sweet time at the expense of holding up the vacation of over 3,000 others who followed the rules.

BTW, we were among the youngest on the ship in our mid 40's, so the juvenille behavior we exhibited was taught to us that day by our elders!

Looks like you should steer clear of the "Fun Ships" Carnival offers. Ill market a cruise line for people like you. Ill call it BOPCL, or Boring Old People Cruise Line.

That way, your Snoody little comments won't go under appreciated!:rolleyes:

Wow. The anonymity of a message board makes you say mean things. :(

I stand my my feelings on this. Apparently I, unlike others on this board, was raised by parents to have decent moral values. To ridicule, heckle and laugh at someone's misfortunes is not what I consider to be mature behavior. This is the same flawed morality that drive kids in school to bully a less fortunate classmate, and as adults to taunt fans of the opposing team at sports events. You may think it's acceptable to ridicule someone who has made a mistake and is desperately trying to reach the ship in time so as to not ruin their vacation, but I simply can't share in your glee at their mistake.

As to the comment "The anonymity of a message board makes you say mean things", seems like several of you are guilty of this very accusation.

We always get a balcony and love it for all of the reasons mentioned above. On our last cruise, I brought a flameless (battery operated) candle and placed it out on our table when we were out on the balcony at night. Very lovely ambiance! BTW, I told our room steward what it was so he wouldn't think it was a real candle which is clearly prohibited.

I stand my my feelings on this. Apparently I, unlike others on this board, was raised by parents to have decent moral values. To ridicule, heckle and laugh at someone's misfortunes is not what I consider to be mature behavior. This is the same flawed morality that drive kids in school to bully a less fortunate classmate, and as adults to taunt fans of the opposing team at sports events. You may think it's acceptable to ridicule someone who has made a mistake and is desperately trying to reach the ship in time so as to not ruin their vacation, but I simply can't share in your glee at their mistake.

As to the comment "The anonymity of a message board makes you say mean things", seems like several of you are guilty of this very accusation.

I think usually, the pier runners are laughing along with the hecklers. It's really all in good fun.

Might not be the best idea if you're not on a high floor. You could wake up soaking wet with salty seawater, which is not a fun thing to experience. I know that when we've had balconies on lower floors, the deck was always wet and salty in the morning.

thanks for the tip. I'm on deck 10 so we shall see. It's a 10 day cruise, I just won't do it the first night!!! lol. It will be in late October/early November so it will probably be too cold anyway

We have coffee, and even room service breakfast out there every morning. It's a great place to read a book, Kindle, iPad, etc. Also room service dinner or snacks while watching the sky or other ships passing in the distance.

I love these ideas, thanks so much for the suggestions!

Archived