8:30 flight from San Juan after AOTS?

I would not do it ... not only do you have to get off the ship, you have to go through agricultural inspection at the airport, check-in, make it through security, and get to your gate. If you are checking bags, they'd need to be checked 7:30-8 minimum ... no way that would happen.

On my last cruise out of San Juan I made it off the ship in record time, hopped in a cab and was at the airport in 20 minutes. No line to speak of at agriculture and with my American Airlines status I checked in quickly and headed to the gate.

I got to the gate just before 9am (for a noon flight :rolleyes:). This was with EVERYTHING going perfectly smooth.

No way in heck will you make an 8:30 flight

After 2 cruises out of San Juan I can almost certainly guarantee that you will not make an 8:30 flight. Even IF you get off the ship early, that 2 lane road leading to the cruise terminal will be grid-locked up and takes forever to get out of there and onto a main road. And you dont even want to know about the airport. Lets just say you better allow yourself some time.

Love those cruises out of San Juan but to use a phrase I tell my son, you had better 'pack your patience' to cruise out of that port. You are going to need it.

I mean if you could find a way it is possible.. we would all love to find some fantastic secret. Sailed out of SJU twice. Based on my comfort level the earliest flight i would even consider booking is 10:30. We did 10:45 and with no hiccups and things moving at standards paces we got to the gate at 10:10. just my own two cents

We've sailed from San Juan three times, and there's no way you'd make a flight at that time. I'd never book anything before 1:00 p.m. just because I need that peace of mind to enjoy my cruise. Who wants to spoil it by stressing out over whether you'll make an early flight or not! :D

We have sailed out of San Juan several times and had never attempted to make an early flight until last November. We had tickets to a football game that Saturday that we didn't want to miss and decided to risk it. We easily made a 9:45 flight. I think we were at the airport by 8:30. After reading all these comments, though, I realize that we were lucky. Next time, we'll either skip the game or, better yet, we won't book during football season :p

Just me.. but I still would not be comfortable with an 11:00 a.m. flight from San Juan! We're sailing Serenade this Saturday from San Juan, and I booked our return flight for 2:30 p.m. Believe me, SJU can be a total zoo if there are two or three ships disembarking the same day. You've also got your agricultural inspection to go through. What if for some reason, you didn't get off the ship until 11:30? (as somebody previously mentioned). I'm sure if everything goes right, you would make it but it would just be too much stress for me worrying about that after a great cruise. Good luck! :)

Archived