Carnival cruise lines does NOT own Costa

TWELVEOHONE

I worked at a Ford dealer in 2000 and was witness to the disaster of the Firestone Tire fiasco. Ford Motor Company was ultimately held responsible for the failure of the Firestone tires that were equipped on many of it's brands' vehicles, most notably the Ford Explorer.

Although Ford did not manufacture the tire itself, Ford took alot of the blame and criticism for the failure....

I remember that. :)

Poor Ford should have asked me about Firestone tires, I could have helped them save some big bucks.

This is the dumbest thread yet. Not sure what difference it makes.

They are not separate entities in the true financial term where they've been spun off and trading under their own independant symbol, they are all subsidiaries and holdings under Carnival Corp and as such, Carnival Corp is ultimately responsible from a financial, litigation and MORAL perpspective. Carnival Corp is the publicly traded company, Arison family owns 47% of shares, 53% are in private sector. All of their holdings contribute to their financial bottom line. The reputation of Carnival Corp (and Carnival Lines) will take a major hit, as well it should because right now it seems to me like they are more worried about damage control, than helping their crew whom I believe, prevented a much greater catastrophe from occuring.

I will leave you to split hairs.

This is exactly correct, they are all seperate entities.

This whole debate would not be an issue if the parent company (carnival corp) had a name that wasn't so similar to one of its subsidiaries (carnival cruise lines). If the parent corp had been name something like CRIUSE LINE HOLDINGS CORP carnivals name would barely be mentioned in this entire scenario.

This whole debate would not be an issue if the parent company (carnival corp) had a name that wasn't so similar to one of its subsidiaries (carnival cruise lines). If the parent corp had been name something like CRIUSE LINE HOLDINGS CORP carnivals name would barely be mentioned in this entire scenario.

Agreed. Maybe they will look into a name change for the parent after this.

Agreed. Maybe they will look into a name change for the parent after this.

I'm sure they will. Anyone remember ValuJet? One of their flights crashed into the Everglades 15 years ago and now they're known as AirTran.

I for one, will never cruise on Costa or Carnival. There is a history of recklessness and abuse there.

Whoops, looks like I'll have to add a few more cruise lines to the list:

Carnival Corp. is the world's largest cruise company with more than 100 vessels spread among nearly a dozen brands including Carnival, Costa, Princess, Holland America and Cunard.

Luckily, I cruise with RC the majority of the time.

No, Carnival Corp should have respsponed but not Carnival Cruise Lines.

Maybe you should try reading my post again and thinking about it for a second before replying.

Nevermind, I was a sucker for taking the bait and posting in this thread to begin with. Enjoy yourself - might have just named the thread "can I remove the automatic tips" or "what side of the ship can I smoke on"?

Howard

Whoops, looks like I'll have to add a few more cruise lines to the list:

Carnival Corp. is the world's largest cruise company with more than 100 vessels spread among nearly a dozen brands including Carnival, Costa, Princess, Holland America and Cunard.

Luckily, I cruise with RC the majority of the time.

Please explain your comment.

It doesn't work that way. Passengers made reservations with COSTA bought passage on COSTA....boarded a COSTA ship that was in command of a COSTA captain. They had EVERYTHING to do with it. And everything to do with every meal served, every drink poured, everything else that occured on that ship, too. :confused::confused::confused::confused:

No reason not to defend the cruise line...Costa...Carnival. Ultimately the cruise LINE had nothing to do with it.

Please explain your comment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the post before, I said I woudn't cruise with carnival or costa, then I read that sentence above, and said, I'd have more cruiselines to exclude. Luckily, I do most of my cruising with RC, so this isn't an issue for me. I do believe Costa has a history of recklessness and carelessness plus I've heard some terrible stories of customer service and officer / lower levels disconnect = all of which I believe were manifested in this sad, sad incident.

What an absolutely stupid thread.

Does it really matter if it is Carnival Corp or Carnival Cruise line.

Do you think the injured really care who.

Ron

PS. This thread has confirmed a theory that I had long held in that IQ can go negative.

OMG this made me crack up! :D

What an absolutely stupid thread.

Does it really matter if it is Carnival Corp or Carnival Cruise line.

Do you think the injured really care who.

Ron

PS. This thread has confirmed a theory that I had long held in that IQ can go negative.

That's exactly what I was thinking when I read the title of this thread. Then I made the mistake of reading the whole thread. I feel dumber now and would really like that 10 minutes back. :rolleyes:

All this thread is about is how Carnival Cruise Lines is not at fault. That is all.

Blame the Corporation all you want.

And if the name Carnival Corp. needs to be renamed, then Carnival Corp. needs to consider it or deal with the consequence of the names linking together to Carnival Cruise Lines (from people).

And if the name Carnival Corp. needs to be renamed, then Carnival Corp. needs to consider it or deal with the consequence of the names linking together to Carnival Cruise Lines (from people).

I agree here and I'd be surprised if the parent isn't renamed.

Better yet, post a copy of your passport into the "cloud"... i.e., scan it and upload it to a gmail or yahoo or similar email account... one that can be accessed from any computer in the world with an Internet connection.

H

That is what I have been doing for a better part of a decade. Scan it into a PDF and give it a strong password.

Okay. Carnival Corporation (not the cruise line), likes to market itself and alll its subsidiary companies as "The World's Leading Cruise Lines". If you pick up a brochure from any particular one of them, usually the back cover of some other location will have an adv. or blurb telling you this, and list all the individual lines with their own tag lines. Perhaps they should change their name to that in order to avoid confusion?

On the other hand, maybe they will want to disassociate themself with the Costa brand, and quietly stop showing them (or the rest of them), on each others brochures? But personally, I think they should stand behind Costa, and do all they can to remedy the current situation, and after time, insure that the Costa name can be restored to one of respect. Just like a good marriage, you stand together for 'better or worse'....

I agree here and I'd be surprised if the parent isn't renamed.

Renaming the holding company makes A LOT more sense than renaming Costa - for example, who knows (or cares) that British Airways and Iberia are owned by the "International Airlines Group"?

Archived