Where to Stay in Seattle & What Pier?

AttorneyVin

Hello All,

Forgive me if this has been asked before, but I am trying to decide where to stay in Seattle for our Alaskan Cruise in September 2012; we will be sailing on the Westerdam's 9/22/12 Cruise -- from what I have read, it appears this departs from Pier 91, correct?

What hotels are closest to that Pier?

Any suggestions?

Thanks so much!

I don't think there are any hotels close to the pier. When I sail out of Seattle I stay out near the airport and take a cab to the pier. You could also stay downtown but some of the hotels are a bit dear. I stayed near downtown when I went out for Archbishop Sartain's installation in Seattle and I had it to do over I would have stayed at the airport and taken the public rail into the city.

For our cruise last Sept we stayed at the Fairfield inn by the airport since they had both a shuttle to/from the airport (and our flight got in about midnight the night before the cruise) and a package that included the room and a shuttle to/from the pier. It worked out very well for us since we didn't have anytime to spend time downtown anyway.

Thanks for the info so far!

Has anyone stayed at the Marriott Seattle Waterfront? I have heard rumor that they may have a Shuttle to Pier 91?

Haven't stayed there but it is in a perfect location on the Seattle waterfront. Exactly where you want to be in Seattle. The Edgewater is across the street and that's a wonderful waterfront hotel also. Don't miss staying in Seattle. One of the country's most unique cities.

I ditto the Edgewater....we stayed there last year and loved it. Walked to Pike Place Market for shopping and dinner and a quick ride to the pier. If you can splurge for the waterfront rooms.....fantastic views of the cruise ships coming in.

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza pre-cruise last summer and it was a great location. All of downtown and the market were walkable. We stayed at Cedarbrook Lodge after the cruise. It was wonderful! Resort like location, huge rooms with a help-yourself snack centre in the lounges, breakfast, a pool and free shuttle to the airport.

I stayed at the Hilton downtown last time I sailed out of Seattle. The room was more than comfortable, and the food was good there. The service was excellent. I woke up in the morning and looked out to see my ship docked!

But I never had any time in Seattle to see anything. This year I think it's just as well to stay in the airport area and head straight to the ship in the morning.

Has anyone stayed at the Marriott Seattle Waterfront? I have heard rumor that they may have a Shuttle to Pier 91?

We stayed there for 3 nights in August, loved it! Beautiful hotel, great location. A little on the expensive side, but we are Marriott Rewards members and got lots of points.

Since we were not there for a cruise I don't know about the shuttle. The pier for HAL (Carnival) is quite far away, probably 10-15 minutes in a taxi or shuttle.

We are cruising out of Seattle in Sept and will probably stay there again, regardless of shuttle availability.

this hotel &, as the crow flies, is probably closest to Pier 91. Can't vouch for it but it's a Hilton Brand so should be ok. Would be a bit of a walk to the Space Needle but there is probably a city bus to take you downtown for seeing the tourist things. Also easy walking distance to the Seattle Art Museum Outdoor Sculpture Garden & the waterfront attractions & restaurants. Wonder if any of you have stayed there?

[/url]

Homewood Suites by Hilton® Seattle Downtown

206 Western Avenue West, Seattle, Washington, United States 98119

Tel: 1-206-281-9393 Fax: 1-206-283-5022

My son lives in Seattle so we are very familiar with Seattle both as tourists and more so as people who see Seattle as those who live there. There is just nothing like visiting Seattle and being right on the waterfront, especially for a newcomer. It's what makes Seattle unique. You can easily walk or take the trolley to the other attractions. It would be a shame for OP to stay out at the airport and then go straight to the dock and miss this great city. There are lots of nice hotels in the city, but since he mentioned the Marriot he must have an interest in staying on the waterfront. It would add a lot to his cruise even if just overnight.

I stayed at the Red Lion on 5th and thought it was a very good location and easily walkable to just about everywhere downtown. Recently renovated, very modern, and included breakfast for a very reasonable price if you shop the various discount websites. The cab was about $12 to the pier.

Prior to a 2008 Alaskan cruise on the Oosterdam, we stayed at the Inn at Harbor Steps on First. It is a boutique hotel which included a breakfast buffet and an afternoon wine/cheese gathering. We enjoyed the location which was not far from the Seattle Art Museum, Pike Place Market, and lots of restaurants. We also walked down to the waterfront from there. Beware...everything in Seattle seems to be uphill/downhill! Seattle was lots of fun and the food was delicious.

We stayed at the Marriott Seattle Waterfront before our cruise. Our problem was that this hotel is across the street from another pier (66 I think) 2 ships were docked. Our Westerdam cruise left from pier 91 on a Saturday what a mess trying to get a cab/shuttle the traffic was gridlock.

In Sept. 2011 Westerdam Cruise we stayed at the Seattle Hilton taxi fare was $15 for 3 to the pier took about 15 mins. You can arrange a shuttle but I don't know the cost. This was a better place for us easy walk to the monorail & Pike Market

My wife and I stayed at The Inn At The Market in Seattle before our 2 week Alaska cruise on the Amsterdam last spring. We really enjoyed the hotel and the area.

It comes well recomended here :http://www.tripadvisor.com/

You may want to check it out. No free shuttle, but cab ride was about 15 minute ride to the pier.

Archived