Just back from Jewel 4 night cruise from Tampa

tofusmom

Had a wonderful trip. Can't wait to share my review; but I have to start it this weekend(have to work the rest of the week).

I will be happy to answer any questions in the meantime.

Ann

Glad you had a great cruise! I'm sailing on the Jewel in March with a bunch of friends, and it will be my 2nd RCI cruise. First was on Monarch over Christmas, and I enjoyed it much more than Carnival and Holland America. Looking forward to your review! Also, please take your time and don't let others make you feel bad for not working on it every day. It's your review, your pace! :cool:

I will try to finish it before my May cruise on the Freedom.:)

How is the job search going? My daughter is 22 and just graduated with her BA degree. She has been looking for a couple of weeks and hasn't found anything yet. She is lucky because her part time job said that they would keep her on until she finds something.

Ann

Had a wonderful trip. Can't wait to share my review; but I have to start it this weekend(have to work the rest of the week).

I will be happy to answer any questions in the meantime.

Ann

Having just added Jewel to my cruise list, I'll spend the next 88 days reading everything. That said, I get something out of every review, so spill your guts! We will try to board at the first available moment and will probably head directly to the Windjammer. Being our first cruise on this class of vessel, if the weather is nice we will look forward to possibly eating outside.

Having just added Jewel to my cruise list, I'll spend the next 88 days reading everything. That said, I get something out of every review, so spill your guts! We will try to board at the first available moment and will probably head directly to the Windjammer. Being our first cruise on this class of vessel, if the weather is nice we will look forward to possibly eating outside.

Be sure to go to the Seaview Cafe. It was too windy for us to sit outside; but it seemed like it would be a great area. Must try the onion rings; they were hot and delicous. It was a good alternative to the Windjammer.

We enjoyed the outside sitting areas and coffee stations that were set up. We were on deck 4 in room 4550; it was easy to hop on the elevator and go get morning coffee to bring back to the cabin.

Ann

What time did boarding start ?

We dropped luggage at 10:30, parked the car across the street and were on the ship at 11:00. There were hardly any lines at all.

The cruise compass they give you at the terminal says that the WJ opens at 12:00, but while we were exploring we walked by at 11:30 and it was already open.

Ann

We dropped luggage at 10:30, parked the car across the street and were on the ship at 11:00. There were hardly any lines at all.

The cruise compass they give you at the terminal says that the WJ opens at 12:00, but while we were exploring we walked by at 11:30 and it was already open.

Ann

11:30 in the WJ is standard on all ships.

Looking forward to our return visit on Saturday!

What is the menu in the Seaview Cafe? Is there a fee for eating there, such as in Seattle's Best and Ben n Jerry's, or everything is complimentary?

Seaview Cafe is complimentary. But alas...may be a thing of the past soon. Already

the Radiance (the first in her class) has eliminated this cute little cafe. :(

What is the menu in the Seaview Cafe? Are items complimentary?

There is no fee except for drinks (beer or soda). They had chili, hotdogs and hamburgers, wings and chicken fingers, fish and chips, salad with grouper and a couple of sweet selections.

My husband had fish and chips and I had the wings and chicken strips; we both had onion rings and a beer.

You order right when you go in and they give you a number and bring the food to your table. They post the operating hours in the cruise compass.

For our trip...

Thursday 4:30 - 6:30 then 9:00 - 11:00

Friday ??? Lost my compass

Saturday 2:00 - 6:30 then 9:00 - 11:00

Sunday 12:00 - 6:30 then 9:00 - 11:00

Ann

There is no fee except for drinks (beer or soda). They had chili, hotdogs and hamburgers, wings and chicken fingers, fish and chips, salad with grouper and a couple of sweet selections.

My husband had fish and chips and I had the wings and chicken strips; we both had onion rings and a beer.

You order right when you go in and they give you a number and bring the food to your table. They post the operating hours in the cruise compass.

For our trip...

Thursday 4:30 - 6:30 then 9:00 - 11:00

Friday ??? Lost my compass

Saturday 2:00 - 6:30 then 9:00 - 11:00

Sunday 12:00 - 6:30 then 9:00 - 11:00

Ann

Friday hours were:

12 noon - 6:30pm

9pm - 11pm

Be sure to try the clam chowder - it was very tasty and hit the spot after spending a couple of hours in the sun and wind (35 knots!). And they also have Reubens, Cubans, Tuna Melts and brownies.

Liz

Glad you had a great cruise! I'm sailing on the Jewel in March with a bunch of friends, and it will be my 2nd RCI cruise. First was on Monarch over Christmas, and I enjoyed it much more than Carnival and Holland America. Looking forward to your review! Also, please take your time and don't let others make you feel bad for not working on it every day. It's your review, your pace! :cool:

I am on the Jewel in march also, The 17th out of Tampa 5 day cruise!!

Hi, This is my first time cruising:confused: I'm excited, but a little nervous to leave the kids. I have a couple of questions. We fly out of Tampa to come home at noon on our arrival back in Tampa. Do you forsee this being a problem getting off the boat and getting back in time? Also, can you tell me what the 'average' drink prices are on board? Like if we wanted to order cocktails, like martini's or margaritas by the pool...you know. I just have NO idea. Also, we may not be 'allowed' to do this but if I can get away with it I'd like to pack a couple water bottles full of alcohol for use in our room. Do they check for that stuff? Not sure, because every person I know of says to do it, but I'm a little paranoid! :D Can you give me your honest input on these issues? thanks so much

Hi, This is my first time cruising:confused: I'm excited, but a little nervous to leave the kids. I have a couple of questions. We fly out of Tampa to come home at noon on our arrival back in Tampa. Do you forsee this being a problem getting off the boat and getting back in time? Also, can you tell me what the 'average' drink prices are on board? Like if we wanted to order cocktails, like martini's or margaritas by the pool...you know. I just have NO idea. Also, we may not be 'allowed' to do this but if I can get away with it I'd like to pack a couple water bottles full of alcohol for use in our room. Do they check for that stuff? Not sure, because every person I know of says to do it, but I'm a little paranoid! :D Can you give me your honest input on these issues? thanks so much

You can find the full menu for the bars, with prices, here:

http://www.scribd.com/full/33759184?access_key=key-bkjmazztxk8nbrcj108

I just did this same cruise. We were at the airport approx 9:30 am for our 1:00 flight. We did however do express disembark, carrying all our luggage off. Seems to me we were off the ship pretty much on schedule, probably about 8:45

Archived