Drinks packages on sale

cnarf77

Booked 2 Prem. Bev.Pkg (PBP) back in nov. for our upcoming Feb. 4th Eclipse cruise. Called X direct and they gave us $100 OBC. Way to go... EXCELLENT customer service...:)

i made the same call - they said, sorry, you'll have to cancel and rebook - which i ultimately did because of the savings involved

I am thinking about booking my first cruise on Celebrity. One of us does not drink alcohol. Can you book one non-alcohol package and one regular classic package?

Hello

Yes, the packages are independent. You can book any combination you like.

Good Sailing

Tom

I tried to book 2 premium packages for our 14 night December cruise the price is £1078 is this including the discount ? I have gone right through to the part that says accept so don't want to take the chance it's not correct :confused:

I do not think so, I paid £492.94 for 2 x 7 night premium packages, for next weeks Eclipse sailing, after the discount had been announced. I would ring Celebrity.

I tried to book 2 premium packages for our 14 night December cruise the price is £1078 is this including the discount ? I have gone right through to the part that says accept so don't want to take the chance it's not correct :confused:

I'm in the UK too. It looks like the amount you quoted does not include the discount. The premium package price showing on My Celebrity for our 14 night cruise next month is £492.95 per person including the gratuities....so the all inclusive total for 2 should be £985.90.

I wonder why our "My Celebrity" account is showing the discounted price and yours isn't???:confused:

I'm in the UK too. It looks like the amount you quoted does not include the discount. The premium package price showing on My Celebrity for our 14 night cruise next month is £492.95 per person including the gratuities....so the all inclusive total for 2 should be £985.90.

I wonder why our "My Celebrity" account is showing the discounted price and yours isn't???:confused:

I have just been on the phone to Celebrity and they insist the price shown is minus the 10% they say they cannot take my order over the phone only online and that packages are different depending on your itinery ??? They would not listen to me and dismissed CC as " only other peoples opinions" I eventually hung up in disgust after getting the same information from the supervisor now I'm not sure whether to book now or risk it going up another 10%:confused:

I have just been on the phone to Celebrity and they insist the price shown is minus the 10% they say they cannot take my order over the phone only online and that packages are different depending on your itinery ??? They would not listen to me and dismissed CC as " only other peoples opinions" I eventually hung up in disgust after getting the same information from the supervisor now I'm not sure whether to book now or risk it going up another 10%:confused:

Wow....how annoying! :( Since the package is sold at a price per day and we are both going on a 14 night cruise, it should cost the same regardless of itinerary.

If it was me, I would book (in case it goes up as you say), then email and get them to check again and explain the price to you. You can cancel before you sail and get the cost refunded if you're not happy.

BTW....fabulous cruise you have booked!

Just wait a day or so and try again.

I tried to book a soda package last week and price came up as $ 154 for 14 days, making it $ 11 per day after gratuities. Now I knew that in November it only cost $ 7 per day or $ 8.05 after gratuities. Couldn't believe the price increase.

When I tried a day later it was again only 8.05 $ after gratuities.

I think their system does not work all that well and has some glitches sometimes.

I am hesitant to purchase the beverage packages in advance in case we have to cancel the trip due to parent health issues. We have trip insurance that appears to reimburse us for "the unused part of your pre-paid expenses". Would you guess I would get my beverage package money back?

Just booked premium package on the Celebrity website. No word about the 10% discount anywhere! Called Celebrity and gave up after 20 mins on hold! I still dont know if I got the discount. Celebrity has the worst website and mediocre customer service of any US company I know.

How do I find out if I got the discount? I paid $1229 for 2 packages on an 11 night cruise, which should come to $55.86 pp per night. Is that discounted or not? :eek:

I am hesitant to purchase the beverage packages in advance in case we have to cancel the trip due to parent health issues. We have trip insurance that appears to reimburse us for "the unused part of your pre-paid expenses". Would you guess I would get my beverage package money back?

I believe that you can change/modify/cancel beverage packages up to 4 days prior to sailing. So if you have to cancel the cruise, you can also cancel the beverage package and get a refund if you are more than 4 days out.

Good Sailing

Tom

Wow....how annoying! :( Since the package is sold at a price per day and we are both going on a 14 night cruise, it should cost the same regardless of itinerary.

If it was me, I would book (in case it goes up as you say), then email and get them to check again and explain the price to you. You can cancel before you sail and get the cost refunded if you're not happy.

BTW....fabulous cruise you have booked!

We probably will do that will leave it a few more days in case it sorts itself out first. Yes it a fabulous cruise it's a double celebration 40th Wedding Anniversary and DH's 60th birthday whilst we're aboard can't wait.

Just booked premium package on the Celebrity website. No word about the 10% discount anywhere! Called Celebrity and gave up after 20 mins on hold! I still dont know if I got the discount. Celebrity has the worst website and mediocre customer service of any US company I know.

How do I find out if I got the discount? I paid $1229 for 2 packages on an 11 night cruise, which should come to $55.86 pp per night. Is that discounted or not? :eek:

YES, that is with 10% discount otherwise it will cost $62.1 pp per night.:)

I do not think so, I paid £492.94 for 2 x 7 night premium packages, for next weeks Eclipse sailing, after the discount had been announced. I would ring Celebrity.

I have the exact same problem! There is no discount on two premium packages I have tried to buy. I go as far as to fill in my cerdit card information. Have for two days tried to get anybody at X to handle the problem but so far I haven't heard anything.

I start to wonder how many that have been buying the packages for a full prize during this period...If you don't have the knowledge about the discount and when it's not discounted whan you make the pay on the website you will not even know that it's wrong.

I do hope that they will help me with this problem before 30/1...

I actually asked my travel insurance company (Travel Guard) and Celebrity about this issue. Celebrity (the beverage pkg folks) told me that if you have to cancel your cruise at the last minute (day of sailing), the beverage package you bought in advance would automatically be cancelled when your booking was cancelled, and you would receive a refund for the package (not the cruise, of course). (They said the same was true for any pre-paid shore excursions.)

Travel Guard told me that anything that you have pre-paid but would be refunded to you if you cancelled the cruise on the day of departure is not an insurable expense in terms of trip cost. (If you had to interrupt your trip midway because of a reason covered by your insurance, that's something else.)

Obviously, I can't say what another insurer would do.

YES, that is with 10% discount otherwise it will cost $62.1 pp per night.:)

Is it so that there are different prizes/day depending on iteneary and length?? :confused:. I have belived that the prize/day for a certain package will be the same. True or not??

I am having the same queries as other folks. Apologies in advance for poor mathematical understanding!

I am keen to buy a Classic pkge for 12 night Adriatic cruise.

I have gone as far as I can on the site, where tonight it is being quoted as $us546.46, then there is a figure below of $617.76

Is the 546 the discount on the 'normal' price of 617? At this stage, I have backed out of final payment, awaiting your sound advice as always!

And when is the service charge factored in?

Thenks!

Astrocat

I am having the same queries as other folks. Apologies in advance for poor mathematical understanding!

I am keen to buy a Classic pkge for 12 night Adriatic cruise.

I have gone as far as I can on the site, where tonight it is being quoted as $us546.46, then there is a figure below of $617.76

Is the 546 the discount on the 'normal' price of 617? At this stage, I have backed out of final payment, awaiting your sound advice as always!

And when is the service charge factored in?

Thenks!

Astrocat

Hi,

Daily price is $44 + 15% = $50.6. With discount you would pay $39.6 + 15% = $45.54.

You will pay $607.2 including 15%. I believe the $546.48 includes 15%.

There has been a bug in the on-line system that appears to be adding the 15% twice.

If you go to the final screen, where you are asked for you credit card details, you will see the amount that will be charged. In your case, it should be $546.48. If the amount is not correct, you can back out of the transaction.

Jim

I believe that you can change/modify/cancel beverage packages up to 4 days prior to sailing. So if you have to cancel the cruise, you can also cancel the beverage package and get a refund if you are more than 4 days out.

Good Sailing

Tom

Thanks so much Tom! VERY helpful. So I will purchase a couple of drink packages and wait to use my OBC for the others.

Archived