Cruise Boss Slams Passenger 'Sensationalism' !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ST-UK

Haven't studied Italian since high school but it looks like most of the commenters re Monica Bova's letter are outraged.

This one sums up the major sentiment: "...the organization and safety on board, was absolutely deficient, ineffective, and nothing short of outrageous"

This woman is adding insult to injury and the letter serves no purpose other than sink (no pun intended) Costa's reputation even further.

http://www.ilsecoloxix.it/p/italia/2012/01/18/APYyHxhB-miei_colleghi_veri.shtml

As i have told people on many occasions since the 2002/3 Firefighters strike in the UK .... Do Not Believe Everything You Read in Newspapers or Hear on the TV !! They tell you what They want you to know!! and it is not Always the Truth.

There has been a lot of hysterical posts on CC since last weekend and at least some people can see them for what they are!

It's an English language news site, and we're reading English.

Correction: It's a Sensationalist English news site, and they got us all to read their site and discuss it.

She's scared, probably unemployed, and pretty defensive towards her friends and colleagues. I can't blame her for that. I can blame the media for sensationalizing the poor girl.

They are still trying to locate the rest of the dead, she should have said NOTHING and fully deserves any criticism coming her way.

As i have told people on many occasions since the 2002/3 Firefighters strike in the UK .... Do Not Believe Everything You Read in Newspapers or Hear on the TV !! They tell you what They want you to know!! and it is not Always the Truth.

There has been a lot of hysterical posts on CC since last weekend and at least some people can see them for what they are!

Are you saying that this woman didn't write this letter?

NellyDean ... As of yet there is no proof that the missing are in fact Dead! especially after a German woman turned up at home yesterday who was reported as one of the dead!

It is possible that due to ptsd that some of the people are Alive but unable to make it known to those who need to know!

Ducklite .... I am not saying she did and i am not saying she did not, i am saying do not believe everything the press want you to believe! after all how can the Captain have a Fair Trial now that stuff like the Coastguard recording has been released? you have to now Question if it can in fact be used at a Trial!! it may be Innadmissable as Evidence.

That is pretty sensational. People swam to shore. Dead bodies havebeen found on the ship. Captaiin under arrest.

And the passengers are overreacting?

Not to mention a 114,500 ton half a billion dollar vessel laying on its side. Business as usual......carry on.....nothing to see here. :eek:

Jacqueline .... "The Ship sank" .... No it did not! and still has Not! it is however partially Submerged. So i guess your Headline can be classed as Sensationalism just like the Newspapers have done as have the TV since it happened!

Jacqueline .... "The Ship sank" .... No it did not! and still has Not! it is however partially Submerged. So i guess your Headline can be classed as Sensationalism just like the Newspapers have done as have the TV since it happened!

Technically it is half sunk - for all practical purposes it might as well be fully sunk as the cost of salvage and rebuilding probably exceeds more than the insured value of the vessel.

That is pretty sensational. People swam to shore. Dead bodies havebeen found on the ship. Captaiin under arrest.

And the passengers are overreacting?

Pretty much what I was thinking. Passengers are sensationalizing? Many are dead. Many can't be found (we hope they're well....like the German person) and hopes of their survival are dismal. The actions of Carnival/Costa, the Capt, his 2nd and 3rd in command, etc, etc, etc are despicable.

Regardless of this lady or her position, her letter shows how she views Costa/Carnival customers. Moreover, it shows how little regard she has for the trials and tribulations her employer was responsible for.

It's an English language news site, and we're reading English.

Correction: It's a Sensationalist English news site, and they got us all to read their site and discuss it.

She's scared, probably unemployed, and pretty defensive towards her friends and colleagues. I can't blame her for that. I can blame the media for sensationalizing the poor girl.

Sensational news site or not, what this says to me is that Costa has made another mistake.

When I worked in a position in which part of my job involved communicating in writing with non-employees, all my notes and notices had to be read, checked over and approved.

I would have thought that a big company like Costa would be vetting any communication with web sites or the media even during the best of times.

I guess we are all over reacting to what the lady wrote just like those terrified passengers...

NellyDean ... As of yet there is no proof that the missing are in fact Dead! especially after a German woman turned up at home yesterday who was reported as one of the dead!

It is possible that due to ptsd that some of the people are Alive but unable to make it known to those who need to know!

Ducklite .... I am not saying she did and i am not saying she did not, i am saying do not believe everything the press want you to believe! after all how can the Captain have a Fair Trial now that stuff like the Coastguard recording has been released? you have to now Question if it can in fact be used at a Trial!! it may be Innadmissable as Evidence.

Yet, there is proof that they are missing since 6 days now. If I recall, the number of missing was increased by two because the German couple they had initially believed to be found in Germany was a mistake. Is this German woman one of the those initially believed to be found?

Regarding what believing what we see in the press... How does the voice recordings become inadmissible? 9-11 tapes are often released to the press prior to a trial, at least in the US.. historically, however we are dealing with Italian Law so who knows?

Is it getting to a point now when an open letter written and published in a public newspaper now has to be further proven to be authentic before it's believed..

Sensational news site or not, what this says to me is that Costa has made another mistake.

When I worked in a position in which part of my job involved communicating in writing with non-employees, all my notes and notices had to be read, checked over and approved.

I would have thought that a big company like Costa would be vetting any communication with web sites or the media even during the best of times.

I guess we are all over reacting to what the lady wrote just like those terrified passengers...

Right now I hope Costa isn't worrying about contacting all of their employees and making sure they are keeping their mouths shut about the incident. I hope they are contacting their employees and passengers and making sure they are all safe and warm. Under normal operating conditions I'm sure they make sure that the company line is towed in media relations.

Costa can't stop the media from printing anything the media wants to print.

An official tape recording will never be inadmissible as evidence. (In the US certain Miranda rights not withstanding)

I don't see what releasing something like that has to do with a fair trial, it would come out during the trial, so it's not like you're tainting a jury pool by releasing it. Generally speaking if it's fact, anything can be released before trial. The things that taint a jury pool are the subjectives--releasing information about his personality or family life that might sway a jury one way or another due to their moral convictions.

He's saying she's not a CRUISE BOSS, and the media is wrong in calling her that. It just spews more venom which is not what is needed.

I think she spewed enough venom herself, I don't think anyone is paying much attention to what the press says about it. Her words stand on their own.

How does the voice recordings become inadmissible? 9-11 tapes are often released to the press prior to a trial, at least in the US..

So by doing that you are allowing anyone on a Jury to Pre Judge their decision by having heard evidence!! unless of course you find people for a Jury who have no access to a TV or Newspapers and have heard nothing of a given case!

Right now I hope Costa isn't worrying about contacting all of their employees and making sure they are keeping their mouths shut about the incident. I hope they are contacting their employees and passengers and making sure they are all safe and warm. Under normal operating conditions I'm sure they make sure that the company line is towed in media relations.

Costa can't stop the media from printing anything the media wants to print.

Every medium and larger company I've ever worked for has had a written policy that forbids employees from speaking to the press about the company. All queries must be referred to either the corporate communications office or a senior level executive. I'm a partner in my company, and I'd NEVER make a crisis or damage control related statement without consulting with my partners and our corporate counsel first.

How does the voice recordings become inadmissible? 9-11 tapes are often released to the press prior to a trial, at least in the US..

So by doing that you are allowing anyone on a Jury to Pre Judge their decision by having heard evidence!! unless of course you find people for a Jury who have no access to a TV or Newspapers and have heard nothing of a given case!

I would wager there are probably quite a few households in Italy without tv and Internet, especially in small villages

Archived