What is your favorite restaurant on the Oasis?

My wife and I will be sailing on the Oasis for the first time in April. We are curious to know "real people's" opinion on which is the best restaurant to eat at on the ship. The worst thing is to pay extra for a restaurant and it not be any good. Your options are very much appreciated.

By far the best was Chops first with Giovannis a close second. Every steak at Chops was superb. And the side orders were fantastic. Just note they are sereved family style. You can order as many sides as you want and to be honest the dishes were not overwhelming big.

In Giovanni's we did one as a lunch on a B2B and it was so good we decided to do it as s ladies night diiner with the rest of our party. Everything here is served family style so we ordered a little of everything.

I realize the extra costs can be a bit much but both were worth it. Just a hint that on the last night of our cruises we did not like anything in the MDR so we should have gone to one of these. But we did not know ahead of time.

We ate literally everywhere except the Chef's Table and without a doubt our favorite was Giovanni's Table. Both Chops and 150 Central Park were very good, but all things considered, Giovanni's was hands down the best. The Gnocchi with mild Blue Cheese Sauce was probably the best thing we ate on the boat. I would also add a hidden gem is the Solarium Bistro at night. Everything on the menu is toward the "healthy" side, which is a nice change of pace on a cruise, but the food was some of the most flavorful we had on the trip.

The steaks were not right, extremely dry. I ordered medium rare & my husband medium.

Although they looked like they were cooked right, there was no juice...none. Both very dry.

So, I do not know wether it was the meat or the cooking. Almost as though they were microwaved at the end(?)

The reason I thought that was that my husband was originally going to order the braised short ribs but the server advised against that saying that they are all precooked on shore & just reheated on the ship.

Everything else, veggies, dessert, service, etc. was fine.

I would not go there again.

Everyone onboard was raving about Giovanni's. If I had it to do over again....that is where we would go.

All meals in the main dining room were great. It was kind of a bummer to miss 'Italian night' to go to Chops.

The steaks were not right, extremely dry. I ordered medium rare & my husband medium.

Although they looked like they were cooked right, there was no juice...none. Both very dry.

So, I do not know wether it was the meat or the cooking. Almost as though they were microwaved at the end(?)

The reason I thought that was that my husband was originally going to order the braised short ribs but the server advised against that saying that they are all precooked on shore & just reheated on the ship.

Everything else, veggies, dessert, service, etc. was fine.

I would not go there again.

Everyone onboard was raving about Giovanni's. If I had it to do over again....that is where we would go.

All meals in the main dining room were great. It was kind of a bummer to miss 'Italian night' to go to Chops.

I have never been "thrilled" with Chops on any ship. It wasn't bad, just not great. Ditto with Giovanni's Table. But I can say I liked Giovanni's Table on Oasis much more than on Allure. The Solarium Bistro remains my favorite restaurant on Oasis, followed by Izumi.

I vote for "The Solarium Bistro". I loved my meal there and I thought the atmosphere in the evening was so beautiful. Definitely my favorite meal on Oasis or Allure.

We just ate had dinner in the Solarium Bistro for the first time a few weeks ago....everything was very good and fresh.....HOWEVER, this venue has not been as successful as anticipated and will soon be changing over.

150 Park - you need to check out the menu and make sure you like what is being served. That would be my first pick. Ate at Giovannis on the Oasis only OK - on the Allure food was very good. Chops on the Allure was not good at all - food was served cold. Rita's Cantina - mediocre mexican. Did not go to Samba Grill as we were travelling with non red meat eaters but people said it was very good.

Thanks for all of the feedback so far. So what makes the Italian Restaurant so good? Does the MDR offer a different cut of meat every night? It has been a while since I have sailed on RRCL. On Princess they offered a different kind of steak every night.

There is an alternative steak offered most nights in the MDR. Additionally, every night you can order a "Chops" 10 oz filet for $14.95 in the MDR. The first formal night a sliced filet in green peppercorn sauce is on the menu and it has been very good.

My favorite was Izumi's. The lobster roll and lemongrass sake were the best I have ever had. There are several tables by the window that offer exceptional views.

The solarium for breakfast was outstanding with great views ( are you sensing a theme here?)

We were very disappointed in Chops. The meat was dry, tough, with no flavor. We thought we had just gotten a poor cut, but tried the filet in the dining room from Chops and it was also poor quality. I think we just hit a bad week because most people rave about it

Giovanni's was excellent with great food and service.

Johnny Rockets was good for a hot breakfast and you can eat outside.

My vote goes for Giovanni's Table, definitely.

Our party of 4 had dinner there on the last night of our cruise and we went all the way with an appetizer, then pasta, then an entree and finally dessert.

Everything was top notch and completely worth the fee.

Our waiter was a great Serbian guy.

Both the food and the service were excellent!

Giovanni's Table for Allure was fine for dinner, our table for 2 was next to a window toward the back to the left out of the way, went back for lunch on another day toward the end of the cruise, our table for 2 was about 18 inches from another table of 2 and not in a good location. We might as well had a table of 4 and sat with them.

Before we ordered about 14 officers from the ship came in and sat right behind us against that wall to the right when you walk in. It was over then, all the help made a beeline to their table to wait on them.

I looked at my wife, and she had the same look I had, we got up and left, it was bad and it was only going to go downhill from there.

We would vote for Chops as the best on Allure without question.

Jimbo:)

Archived