Swimsuit Coverups

SewMuch

I'm in Ohio and its cold, wet and miserable and I'm dreaming about my upcoming cruise on Freedom of the Seas in June, picturing myself by the pool in my swimsuit. And now I see myself getting up to get something to eat in the Windjammer, but what should I picture myself putting on?

Do you ladies just pull on a pair of shorts and a t-shirt, or wear something more fashionable? I have a nice terrycloth cover (with pockets!) but its sort of bulky to pack considering current airline restrictions. What's your cruise choice for a swimsuit coverup?

As long as you can't see your butt or tummy, anything will do....don't wear a "loose weave thing that you can see your bathing suit through....they will stop you!

I don't put on shorts/tee, cause I'm usually still damp...that feels awful! I have a thin material cover-up (pull over your head) that dries very fast, and is opaque enough to go into the WJ. Very lightweight and can be used as a robe, in a pinch!

Don't worry too much about your cover up as anything goes. I have seen sheer cover up and even bathrobes on all lines of cruises. You best bet is to make something that you are comfortable with and that is not too hot. I see your name is Sew Much so if you sew there are so many beautiful fabrics with prints and plain ones also. Just make a simple pop over cover up. Mine is a lightweight cotton blend that is mech on the top and comes to mid thigh length and it is perfect. Just roll it up in the suitcase and it takes hardly any room at all.

Hi,:) I have a soft cotton dress I use quite often as a cover up.

Here is a picture of something by the same brand. Mine does not

have the ruffle on the neckline but does have a V-neckline. It is

really, really comfy....soft hand to it.

I tried to find a picture on line of the one I have but had no luck.

This is a picture of something in the same genre.......

http://www.beallsflorida.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product__10151_-1_12003_660715

Hi,:) I have a soft cotton dress I use quite often as a cover up.

Here is a picture of something by the same brand. Mine does not

have the ruffle on the neckline but does have a V-neckline. It is

really, really comfy....soft hand to it.

I tried to find a picture on line of the one I have but had no luck.

This is a picture of something in the same genre.......

http://www.beallsflorida.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product__10151_-1_12003_660715

Mine is very similar works well

I'm starting to get a picture now. A pull-over dress or tunic seems to be the way to go - something that will make me feel feminine and pretty. A cover-up that actually covers up! And is quick dry and easy to pack.

Water Lilly: You guessed right, I'm a sewer. I started digging thru my stash of fabrics (every serious sewer has a stash) and found a pretty floral. But when I held it up and looked in the mirror it made me look like I was wearing a tablecloth! So nix on that one! So maybe I'll sew it or maybe I'll buy it but at least I have an idea now of what I'm looking for.

I like sleeveless V or round neck cotton shift style coverups. I like them to fall just above my knee.

Like this one at the same site:

http://www.beallsflorida.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product__10151_-1_12003_784754

That's a nice website....thanks for sharing.

Glad to help. Beall's has a "Florida Theme":D....they say it is

"Your Florida Store" in their ads and so since I live here? I love

shopping there:);)

I was once denied entry to the buffet because I had on a pareo, it was tied behind my neck like a halter and tied in the front. But it was fairly sheer so you could see I had on a bathing suit...a one piece not anything revealing. (all I wanted was a cookie :p)

So I now have a cover up that is a simple V neck pullover. It's a knit so it's simple to pack, easy to wear.

Glad to help. Beall's has a "Florida Theme":D....they say it is

"Your Florida Store" in their ads and so since I live here? I love

shopping there:);)

Lois,

I really like some of their clothes. Do you know if their items run true to size? I am trying to decide what size to buy. I looked at their measurements and I am still not sure.

Lois,

I really like some of their clothes. Do you know if their items run true to size? I am trying to decide what size to buy. I looked at their measurements and I am still not sure.

Hi:) oh I think that depends on the brand really. I usually wear a

16 these days. I wear a large/extra large in most items. Depending

on the clothing, I am on the short side so there are times I wear

(example) a Petite/Large or Petite/Xlarge....if I am looking at Misses

sometimes I can wear a medium top (the cut might be larger so I can

go down 1). Pants I look for petites for sure...regulars are usually too long!

Did I confuse you?:eek: If I can help more, let me know:)

Hi:) oh I think that depends on the brand really. I usually wear a

16 these days. I wear a large/extra large in most items. Depending

on the clothing, I am on the short side so there are times I wear

(example) a Petite/Large or Petite/Xlarge....if I am looking at Misses

sometimes I can wear a medium top (the cut might be larger so I can

go down 1). Pants I look for petites for sure...regulars are usually too long!

Did I confuse you?:eek: If I can help more, let me know:)

No, you were a great help :D Thank you

Beall's is pretty much true to size!!! I shop there a couple times a year and I buy a lot! I wish we had them in Michigan!!! I am a size 6 pants and small tops and never do I have to go up or down in size. :)

I wear a long white tailored shirt with a pair of pull on shorts over my suit. I can tie the shirt in a knot at waist level or just leave it long; I can also button it up or leave it partially unbuttoned. It is really comfortable and works well inside the buffet area where it can get a little cool due to the A/C. http://www.ctshirts.com/White-tailored-stretch-shirt-?q=zillus||WS033WHT|||||||||||||&cm_mmc=Shopping_Portal-_-Shopzilla_US-_-product-_-Mar11#

Great ideas here.

The white cotton shirt idea sounds adorable.

I was in Penneys yesterday and picked up something I think will work fine - in the sleepwear department! $20 plus I had a $15 off coupon, so it was $5! And no, its not a flannel granny-nightie. Its a lovely floor-length nightgown with a vee neck, gathered under the bust and with spaghetti straps, that honestly could double as a dress if need be. (Well, maybe it would need a strapless bra. The top is single layer fabric.) Its a polyester knit in a sort-of tropical print that should dry fast and travel extremely well. If I end up using it for a cover-up I'm going to shorten it a bit and maybe use the material to inset pockets in the side seams. If I find something I like better (like maybe in cotton) then I have a lovely new nightgown for the cruise. I like to have at least one new thing to take with me.

Archived