Tip free shuttle drivers?

mkleblanc

Agreed, we always tip a few bucks. To us it doesn't matter if the shuttle service is "free"... the driver is still performing a service for us and we tip him/her accordingly. I have to say, after years of taking airport and hotel shuttles, I can tell you that most people do NOT tip the driver. Just an observation.

We always tip the driver a $5 for our two suitcases. Like another poster mentioned, a lot of passengers do not tip. The drivers are usually very nice and also can give you some good advice on the area and good places to eat or to avoid. They really appreciate it when you thank them in the form of a few $. So far, we have never met one driver that was not kind and gracious to us. There was one that even carried a little step stool and stood there to help some of the ladies up or out of the shuttle van. That was a nice touch as the step up and down is a dousy and may be difficult for an older person. :)

Yes, I give them a tip depending on the number of bags. They do remember you, and once upon my return the driver gave me express service back to the hotel (which was near Port Canveral in this case) and returned to the port instead of making us wait for others.

We always do. Usually $5 for 2-3 bags.

I couldn't agree more with the person who said that the drivers are usually very kind and gracious.

Once in Miami, we had missed the free car rental shuttle to the port and were told it would be an hour before it came back. I must have looked pretty sad sitting on the bench because one of the shuttle driver came over and said he'd take us to the port even though his route was the airport. So we ended up with our own private shuttle to the port. Needless to say, he got a very large tip and when we returned home I called the car rental company and also wrote a letter telling them how thankful we were to him for his kindness.

Hi- We are staying at a hotel in FLL that has a free airport shuttle. Do you tip the driver? I'm thinking yes but wasn't sure. Any input?

We tip the shuttle driver if they actually get out and help us with our bags. Once in Baltimore, my mother and I were struggling with two bags, laptops, and carry-ons (our fault, for having so much stuff, I realize) and the shuttle driver just sat there in his seat and watched us get our stuff into the van like he was at a movie. He didn't get a tip. :(

Sherry

We always tip the shuttle driver. Think of it this way.. if it was a taxi, would you not tip him??

We had a shuttle service at out hotel last year in FLL who would take us anywhere we wanted to go for half what a taxi would charge. He said he had to split the cost with his employer... why not bring it up to at least what a taxi would charge??

Archived