Sunshine class name suggestions

DonnaK

I just hope they pick original names. It's so annoying when cruise lines pick names used by other cruise lines.

Freedom, Liberty, Dream, Fantasy, Magic...all of these are used by at least 2 major cruise lines.

Be careful what you wish for. We don't want RCI to copy NCL which came up with such godawful names as "Breakaway" and "Getaway". The puns that will occur if anything bad befalls those two ships are too numerous to mention.:D

Desire of the seas

Journey of the seas

Infinity of the seas

Courage of the seas

Triumph of the seas

Beauty of the seas

Reflection of the seas

Think I'll start trade marking them.....

Desire of the seas

Journey of the seas

Infinity of the seas

Courage of the seas

Triumph of the seas

Beauty of the seas

Reflection of the seas

Think I'll start trade marking them.....

There is already Celebrity Infinity, Carnival Triumph, and Celebrity Reflection. My favorite is Illumination of the Seas so far. :) I think it would be nice to have an original name.

I'm sorry, but when I heard Breakaway and Getaway I thought it was a joke and was rolling on the floor. Seriously, for a multi-million dollar ship to be named that just isn't right. Am I the only one with issues regarding these names? What were they smoking at that board meeting? I like Illumination!

Maybe with the new class of ships they could begin naming their ships without the "of the Seas" addition. It could open up new possibilities for innovative names.:)

I'm pretty sure in Adam Goldstiens blog he mentions that the "of the Seas" is a brand tradition they plan to keep. He discussed all the various changes in the marketing and branding over the years, and he was pretty clear about what traditions would stay!

Archived