Does the end of the Mayan Calendar affect your cruising?

marypat01

Has the prediction the world will end on 21DEC2012 affected your cruising decisions?  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Has the prediction the world will end on 21DEC2012 affected your cruising decisions?

• Yes, it has affected my decisions
    • I do not believe the world will end on 21DEC2012
    • I have added a BRIEF comment

OK - how many people expect the world to end on 21 December 2012, because some people say that is what the Mayan Calendar predicts?

Is that affecting your cruising decisons?

Let's find out - please respond to this Yes / No survey.

You can also add a comment if you wish.

OK - how many people expect the world to end on 21 December 2012, because some people say that is what the Mayan Calendar predicts?

Is that affecting your cruising decisons?

Let's find out - please respond to this Yes / No survey.

You can also add a comment if you wish.

I survived Y2K and I am still waiting for California to break off and sink into the Pacific Ocean. I just think that the Mayan who was working on the Calendar either retired, they down sized his position or he died on that day. With this said my wife just received a traffic ticket in the mail for running a red light and with all the web cams around I do believe that 1984 has arrived and that Big Brother is watching.

It sure does.....I won't have to pay for my on board bill Think of all the free drinks & tours. :D:D:D

my, you were fast - didn't even get the survey up. Please complete it so I can have an accurate talley!

Thanks!

I have to assume that the poll is intended as a joke. Just in case, I will run up a good bar tab on my October cruises.

Actually, enough people believe in it that I really want to know. How will it affect many things, such as purchasing decisions. Will the cruise lines have a lighter than usual crusing season during the last half of December? Will people wait till the last minute to book? Will I generate enough interest when I present my session about the ending of the Maya Long Count Calendar on the Coral Princess cruise, departing Ft Lauderdale on 11 NOV 2012?

Inquiring minds want to know :)

p.s. Your October credit card will come due prior to the "end"

It sure does.....I won't have to pay for my on board bill Think of all the free drinks & tours. :D:D:D

Happy,

I like the way you think. If we happen to be on the same cruise, I'll buy a few rounds and put them on my tap also! We'll have to meet up in one of the lounges. :D

Did you mean to post it twice?

There are two threads on this subject.

Maybe you want to ask the Host to combine them?

actually, one was posted in Princess and the other in Royal Caribbean. The Hosts moved then over to ASK A CRUISE QUESTION.

Perhaps I should.

sigh.

Yes, it has affected my decisions, I now have book B2b cruises for that time just to make sure I am on a cruise at the time it ends, just like I did for Y2K. And if it does not end then I will have 2 more cruises to add to my list.

I don't believe the world will end according to the Mayan calendar because the Bible says that no man knows the day nor the hour...and I think that would include the mayans.

You are assuming that Christians have more credibility than Mayans? Both are man made creations designed to control the masses. The earth has been around for billions of years, and it will hang in there for several billion more.

(IMO)

Kel:)

Archived