Concordia News: Please Post Here

kingcruiser1

[quote name='SomeBeach'][SIZE="3"]In another article I found this sentence interesting:

"Schettino was granted a request not to have his image, and only his voice, broadcast during his testimony."

And yet another story claimed Schettino was "defiant" on the stand.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Since the MSN report come out, I've read a few others and all are different. I still have this feeling he will get away with it

Sent from my C6903 using Forums mobile app

[quote name='SomeBeach']"On the ship I am number one after God," he said.

[SIZE="3"]At least he gave God top billing. :rolleyes:[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[quote name='telken22']But interestingly later on in his testimony he says others also have a say in the decision making, citing that 'he is not alone like a truck driver'

This man is a slimeball.[/QUOTE]

I think he's mounting the Flip Wilson (1960s comedian) Defense: "The Devil made me do it." LOL Edited by Uniall

[quote name='SomeBeach'][SIZE="3"]Captain Blames Bridge Officers.[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]I know, shocking, isn't it.[/SIZE]

[url]http://www.ansa.it/english/news/general_news/2014/12/12/concordia-captain-blames-bridge-team_b732b6ac-d617-4864-b6ce-1fd9d3af1fc1.html[/url][/QUOTE]

He's the gift that keeps on giving ............... LOL

[SIZE="3"]Sidari, welcome back.
I haven't seen anything about the next trial date but they sure left it hanging at a *dramatic* part of the case with the Captain having taken the stand. The next questions to be put to him will be about his casually standing next to the lifeboat.

I do not like that the 2 threads on this subject have been combined. The other was going down the page and should have just been left to fade away. This thread was of greater importance as it had so much to do with the raising of Concordia and all we learned from it.[/SIZE]

It is unfortunate. He just doesn't see what he did was wrong.

From the very beginning of this thread (and it's, now defunct, predecessor thread) I posited my personal opinion (calling on my 45 years criminal law experience) that Captain Schitino is a meglomanical sociopath rendering him incapable of feelings for the pain of others or guilt from his actions.

• 2 weeks later...

Holy cow, were you guys ever right when you said the Italian courts were slow.

But what an understatement. A turtle and a snail are slow, these guys must backing up. Or did they just decide it was "no big deal" and not worth bothering ****inno over?

One of the problems they face is the place used for the trial. It's not actually a courtroom, more of an auditorium as it's the only place large enough to handle the proceedings. That has caused some of the delays as the place had bookings during the time of the trial and those were honored.

I believe it is scheduled to return by mid month (this one. :rolleyes: ) Should pick up with the Captain on the stand. I think they left off where he will be asked to explain his casual stance next to the lifeboat he fell, eerrr, tripped, uummm, was pushed into.

Yeaahh the dramatic bit is over. Now to the slogging.

But yes it would be interesting for some of us, to see her being dismantled.

You betcha........

I always wanted to spend an evening in the back room of a mortuary and watch the embalmer do his thing ......... LOL

This camera showed the wreck from some distance away but for some reason it has not been available for the last few months.

http://www.liguriawebcam.com/webcam_genova_panoramica.asp

There most likely won't be any live webcams, but I suspect there will be some progress photos of the dismantling that will appear from time to time.