Royal Caribbean - Cheating??

SergeiKa

Cheating??

1) In Russia, a cruise Royal Caribbean could only be through a tour operator.

2) Tour operator "Lanta-Tour" from 01.27.2012, the bankrupt.

3) Receive information: the day before Royal Caribbean does not serve passengers from Russia on vouchers "Lanta-Tour". This people have paid for your holiday 100%.

It could well be true. We live in Portugal and all bookings have to be made through the local tour operator. This is the way that RCL work in many countries.

Under EU law, you can book through any European agent including RC in the UK.

RCI would be in breach of that law if they did not allow that.

Of course you would need to pay in UK Pounds.

Not royal Caribbean's fault but the tour operator who went bankrupt. although the people had paid the agent the agent hadn't paid Royal Caribbean

Royal Caribbean chose himself the sole representative in our country. The site of RC from Russia can be booked a cruise, but it was only possible upit through "Lanta-Tur".

Yes! fault the tourists who have already paid and will not go! :mad:

Russia is not part of the EU...so sorry to hear the Russian tourists can scammed from the tour operator. Not RCI fault - maybe they should send email directly to RCI with their situation... what email would they use?

I never said it was.

Royal Caribbean chose himself the sole representative in our country. The site of RC from Russia can be booked a cruise, but it was only possible upit through "Lanta-Tur".

Yes! fault the tourists who have already paid and will not go! :mad:

Sir/mam, I changed my search country on RCI.s web site to Russia and I see you are correct. Please call the international number listed in this site.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/contactUs.do?cS=NAVBAR&pnav=5&snav=1

Maybe even though they have gone bankrupt, some peoples air/cruise might have been paid to RCI. Please call Royal caribbean and see what they can do for you. The agency you listed is the sole agency for your country and it still shows that on the RCI site so maybe they will help......CALL,PLEASE

Also since you are posting here, you have access to the internet so send RCI an e-mail also

It is a shame when you only have one choice and that choice treats you all badly.

Sorry if I am misunderstanding....but you cannot book with a private tour company like TJ Travel in your own country ? Why :confused:

Apparently there are certain agreements/rules/laws (not sure which) in place in some countries that require cruisers to use specific travel companies. Not sure why.

Looks like the OP has some problems with RCCL.

First a bad cruise on X and now issues with RCI. :rolleyes:

I'm not quite sure what you are insinuating, but Lanta Tours has definitely gone bankrupt, which has apparently stranded many Russians abroad. Turns out they failed to pay for flights and accomodation for some of their clients. They are now under investigation. As they had sole rep rights in Russia and the CIS for RCI, I expect clients will find their cruises they thought they had booked will not be honoured.

Тoday

All cleared up. Royal Caribbean does not serve on vouchers from Lanta. All the tourists go to the insurance company. All bookings and prepaid cruise turned into statements to the insurance company Ingosstrakh.

Royal Caribbean behave correctly. In fact, they made their tourists hostage flawed system with a general agent in each region. Let me remind you that when you try to pay the cruise directly on their site from Russia, the system refused to accept payment, and is compulsory in the tourist 'Lanta. "Now it turns out that this does not guarantee landing on the ship due to internal problems between the "Lanta" and Royal Caribbean. I recall that in the same holding is more Celebrity Cruises.

I would refrain from cruising with these companies: their system is working with the new general agent does not guarantee anyone of the same problems in the future.

Looks like the OP has some problems with RCCL.

First a bad cruise on X and now issues with RCI.

With the "Lanta" not my problem, but some of my compatriots.

Here we discuss in Russian. http://www.infoflotforum.ru/index.php?showtopic=36160&st=90

Yes, American companies are not loyal. Or are they only for Russian? And the Americans are in a different way?

Тoday

All cleared up. Royal Caribbean does not serve on vouchers from Lanta. All the tourists go to the insurance company. All bookings and prepaid cruise turned into statements to the insurance company Ingosstrakh.

Royal Caribbean behave correctly. In fact, they made their tourists hostage flawed system with a general agent in each region. Let me remind you that when you try to pay the cruise directly on their site from Russia, the system refused to accept payment, and is compulsory in the tourist 'Lanta. "Now it turns out that this does not guarantee landing on the ship due to internal problems between the "Lanta" and Royal Caribbean. I recall that in the same holding is more Celebrity Cruises.

It seems to me it would be a pretty simple thing for RCI to insure against the failure of one of their sole foreign agents, so that the small number of foreigners affected by that delinquent operator could be made whole. They could even jack up the price to cover the insurance cost. But it would save them this PR nightmare.

I hope you had insurance yourself, so that you will get your money back.

Not sure what the law is in Russia, but if this scenario existed in the US (sole agent; no options), then RCI would be completely liable under US law for making the customer whole.

:D

As of today

1) those customers who have booked and paid for the cruise, but have not yet sailed - require a surcharge.

2) With those customers who are already on board, require additional payments or - the threat of the landing of the ship.

Royal Сaribbean - it is bad!

Archived