Liberty of the Seas - a life lost

Hi guys. This is just so sad. A few days ago, a man passed away on a Carnival ship from jumping/falling or being pushed ... we don't really know yet.

And today, a woman fell to her death on Liberty of the Seas.

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/Woman-Dies-Onboard-a-Cruise-138325314.html

Our thoughts and prayers go out to this woman and her family as well as any passengers who might have been affected by this.

It's a sad 17 days for the cruise industry as a whole.

Sorry I didn't realize another thread was already started here about this. Feel free to delete my thread if you wish.

Not only does the other thread no longer exist, but this thread treats the people and families involved with a lot more respect and sensitivity.

I just found out about this when my daughter arrived at LAX today after being on this ship for a company related function. She said some of the other ladies from the company were in the club when it happened and they said she slipped and fell possibly down to the floors below. Article is saying fell down the stairs..Im just soooo saddened by this.. You plan on an amazing trip and then something like this ends your life and changes your family forever.

:(

This thread is FAR more respectful than the last. I feel terrible for all of these families. I can't even imagine planning a great vacation and then having your life changed like this forever.

You just never know. :(

I just read about this - are you telling me that there were people who were saying inappropriate things about this woman's death? That's just NOT right. It sounds like she slipped and fell - hitting her head. It's just a terrible tragedy. My heart goes out to her family.

I just read about this - are you telling me that there were people who were saying inappropriate things about this woman's death? That's just NOT right. It sounds like she slipped and fell - hitting her head. It's just a terrible tragedy. My heart goes out to her family.

Yes, there was a thread where people said some very insensitive things. Others pointed it out and then others defended the insensitive remarks.

Fortunately the entire thread has since been deleted so that no one has to read how insensitive some people are.

Wow. This is so sad. My thoughts and prayers are with her family. My parents were on the Liberty two weeks ago. I don't understand how a thread about such a sad incident like this can turn into a war. It is just sad thst something line this could happen.

What a sad ending to what should have been a great time for this poor family. I leave on this ship in 8 days too but, we have a person from our roll call boarding today. I was worrid it was someone getting on today than saw it happend on the last cruise.

Archived