Holiday Cruising C&A question

We are booked in a JS for a holiday cruise Dec 24 to Jan 4 (11 nights) We we get double points for the JS & an additional point for each night as it is a Dec cruise? I read somewhere on these forms about Dec cruising getting extra points and was just wondering ?

We are booked in a JS for a holiday cruise Dec 24 to Jan 4 (11 nights) We we get double points for the JS & an additional point for each night as it is a Dec cruise? I read somewhere on these forms about Dec cruising getting extra points and was just wondering ?

If they hold the December event this year and it has the same credit benifit as last year you should receive 11 days sailed + 11 JS or higher + 11 bonus days= 33 days.

I thought the double points for December cruises are only for diamond members? :confused: Others qualify too? I am plat but not even close to diamond.

You are correct, the extra points have been for Diamond and above in the last two years. The first year, the extra credit was only for those sailing on Oasis. Who knows what will happen this coming December.

If they hold the December event this year and it has the same credit benifit as last year you should receive 11 days sailed + 11 JS or higher + 11 bonus days= 33 days.

I thought the double points for December cruises are only for diamond members? :confused: Others qualify too? I am plat but not even close to diamond.

You are correct, the extra points have been for Diamond and above in the last two years. The first year, the extra credit was only for those sailing on Oasis. Who knows what will happen this coming December.

Sorry, my goof I assumed the poster was D or higher. Should have included that info in my first post:o.

We won't know if there will be another Diamond promotion and probably won't for a while. I can't imagine that they wouldn't ... drive up bookings for low-demand months at the start of December and have an extra incentive for the super-pricey Christmas and NYE sailings.

What's the extra for the Christmas & NE Eve sailings. BTW I am Diamond :)

There was nothing extra beyond the Diamonds in December promo for Christmas and/or New Year's cruises. I think what Chris was referring to above was that the Christmas and New Year's cruises are much more expensive than other cruises in December, so the Diamonds in December promo would tend to help bookings on those expensive cruises.

I got double points for the holiday cruise I was just on and I'm no diamond.......yet.

If you were booked in a Junior Suite or above then you were given the double cruise points which happens no matter what time of the year you cruise. If you were a D/D+ or PC Member you would have earned triple points being booked in a JS cabin or above.

If you are already prebooked, will they still give you the extra points?

I"m booked on Allure for December and will be Diamond by then. I'm on the fence about going up to a JS (double the price) for the extra points (and space), but might hold off if this happens again (we won't know until October).

I"m booked on Allure for December and will be Diamond by then. I'm on the fence about going up to a JS (double the price) for the extra points (and space), but might hold off if this happens again (we won't know until October).

They have in the past. If the only reason you would book the JS is for the double points, I'd say that double the price is far too high. Just my opinion...

Yes they will. We booked our December 2011 cruise in November 2010 and got double points.

I wouldn't upgrade just for extra points.

We won't know if there will be another Diamond promotion and probably won't for a while. I can't imagine that they wouldn't ... drive up bookings for low-demand months at the start of December and have an extra incentive for the super-pricey Christmas and NYE sailings.

While on the Freedom this past December (2011) they were distributing fliers stating that there is a December Celebration for December 2012. It listed the sailings for the Freedom, Independence, Oasis, Allure, and Liberty. I brought the flier home with me. Hum, I wonder if someone overstepped their boundary by printing it?

Thanks critter....yea, we were on the fence about wanting the extra space and the points would be a nice extra. But if we'd get double anyways, then we'll just suck it up and take the smaller room (we've never done a regular balcony before).

Interesting beach....wonder if someone screwed up! But nice to see my ship on there.

We actually thought about hopping on another ship after getting off Allure, but nothing leaves that same day!

Archived