The New And Improved Sapphire Princess Sails Today

jewopaho

BTW... How do you insert a picture in a message? When I click on the "Insert Picture" icon it asks me to provide a URL (website address). I think I used to just be able to browse to a location in my hard drive?

Here is one method. There is a limit of five pictures per post.

First, set up a free account at webshots.com

After uploading any pictures(s) that you want to post, then go one at a time to the view the picture in the album it went into. You can post them into the same album or different ones if you wish.

Clicking on the thumbnail brings up the picture.

About half way down on the right is a box that says "Link to this picture". Within that box, select the box that says "600". (At this point, you can "preview this size" if you want.)

Below that, there are three links. Copy the one in the box that says "direct link to image". This is what you will paste into the blog.

Position the cursor where you would like the picture to be in Cruise Critic post.

Within the Cruise Critic post you are making, look for little icon (in the bottom of the two rows of icons) that looks like mountains with a sun over it and a yellow sky. Select this icon. (If pop-ups are disabled, you will need to enable them temporarily.

(For Internet Explorer 8, selecting the icon brings up a message asking you to click on the message to temporarily allow "scripted windows" for this site. Doing so will enable you to select to temporarily allow the "scripted windows." I do not know if it works the same for other IE versions or for Firefox.)

Then select the mountains icon again. A little box will pop up. Paste your link into that box and say "OK". Your picture will then display.

It may sound complicated, but after you do it a couple of times, it will seem real easy.

Note: If you make any changes to the picture on Webshots, the link you posted will no longer be valid and you will need to post the new link.

The Captain is Nicholas Carlton and the CD is David Cole.

We are in for some interesting seas. The Captain announced that we will be doing some "rocking and rolling" tomorrow and by Monday will be facing 20+ foot seas!! Ha! Now we'll see who the REAL sailors are!!!

BTW, I am scarfing my Bonine!!!

Maureenquote]

We get David Cole !! I have heard he is great.

We will be on our 3rd Hawaii sailing in April, and I always 'scarf my Bonine' on the first day out and the first day back.

Pat

Try and find out how long david cole will be on the ship I don't sail till the end of april

post_old.gif November 19th, 2011, 09:14 AM

image.php?u=75925&dateline=1324886434CruzwithDC user_offline.gif

Cool Cruiser

icon1.gifDave Cole Here

Thanks for the kind words in the thread, everyone. And David Bradshaw is a great guy, we, as Cruise Directors, are all different (just like everyone else) and we all bring something different to the equation. I happen to have a passion and depth of knowledge for Hawaii that many others do not. In any case, I piped in to comment on the fact that my schedule has changed, and though I was scheduled to return to Golden on Nov. 23rd, I am now scheduled to join Sapphire on Nov. 26th through March 2012. Aloha. Dave

First, set up a free account at webshots.com.....

Thanks so much... this is exactly what I needed! --- and sorry to everyone for taking this off-topic.

Thanks so much... this is exactly what I needed! --- and sorry to everyone for taking this off-topic.

Actually I found the information to be very helpful and will use it to post my pictures of the Sapphire when I get back from my cruises ;)

Actually I found the information to be very helpful and will use it to post my pictures of the Sapphire when I get back from my cruises ;)

Yes, I really appreciated the information as well! Looking forward to seeing your pictures of the Sapphire! :)

First, set up a free account at webshots.com

After uploading any pictures(s) that you want to post, then go one at a time to the view the picture in the album it went into. You can post them into the same album or different ones if you wish.

Clicking on the thumbnail brings up the picture.

About half way down on the right is a box that says "Link to this picture". Within that box, select the box that says "600". (At this point, you can "preview this size" if you want.)

Below that, there are three links. Copy the one in the box that says "direct link to image". This is what you will paste into the blog.

Position the cursor where you would like the picture to be in Cruise Critic post.

Within the Cruise Critic post you are making, look for little icon (in the bottom of the two rows of icons) that looks like mountains with a sun over it and a yellow sky. Select this icon. (If pop-ups are disabled, you will need to enable them temporarily.

(For Internet Explorer 8, selecting the icon brings up a message asking you to click on the message to temporarily allow "scripted windows" for this site. Doing so will enable you to select to temporarily allow the "scripted windows." I do not know if it works the same for other IE versions or for Firefox.)

Then select the mountains icon again. A little box will pop up. Paste your link into that box and say "OK". Your picture will then display.

It may sound complicated, but after you do it a couple of times, it will seem real easy.

Note: If you make any changes to the picture on Webshots, the link you posted will no longer be valid and you will need to post the new link.

The same basic thing can be done on Flickr (my photo site of choice...) :) But Flickr auto-generates the BBCode that the Cruise Critic board (and other like it) need... very easy.

Sapphire Princess' new Piazza atrium is in full swing now that the ship is back in service after her extensive makeover! This popular venue now features the International Cafe, Vines wine bar and Alfredo's Pizzeria.

429663_10150587012659060_19788524059_8914706_865766820_n.jpg

Great photos that you have been posting all along now and with the dry dock. Are you on the ship now or do you know a crew member? Just trying to figure out who is taking these great photos.

Great photos that you have been posting all along now and with the dry dock. Are you on the ship now or do you know a crew member? Just trying to figure out who is taking these great photos.

Nope, I'm not on the ship or a crew member. :D I will be on the Sapphire during the last week in March though (third time on the Sapphire). Princess has been posting all of these pictures on their Facebook page and/or their Flickr page. I've just been reposting them here as they pop up because I know there are a lot of people who don't use Facebook and Flickr that are on these boards.

YES - all the theater seats were redone and the carpeting too. Notice how clean all the lighting is too. My daughter works in the theater.

She's been sending us email cards from the ship telling us how rough the ride has been this week...she's proud of herself that she's not feeling sea sick like many others are. She said they had to drain the main pool because the water was sloshing out and they may be staying in Hawaii for 2 nights - and changing the itinerary a bit because of the weather. On Xmas day they couldn't get into Kauai - looks like that may be happening again this cruise. Hope the trip back is smoother - it will be if the storm clears out.

Due to inclement weather, Sapphire Princess will arrive in Hawaii one day late -- another sea day for us.

Does anyone know of any site to check sea conditions before the sail? I did this journey in December and it was quite rocky. Just wondering about the spring sailings......

Does anyone know of any site to check sea conditions before the sail? I did this journey in December and it was quite rocky. Just wondering about the spring sailings......
Weather Underground has a 72 hour wave height forecast that I use. This link shows the waves between the US and Hawaii.

http://www.wunderground.com/MAR/epacm.html?map=wave&animate=1

Its bitter sweet for me....I was married on the Sapphire Princess in Dec. of 2005. I liked the "old" Sapphire Princess........

The Sapphire was the ship that got me hooked on cruising, back in November, 2004. All the old charm is still there, just inhanced a bit ;).

Nope, I'm not on the ship or a crew member. :D I will be on the Sapphire during the last week in March though (third time on the Sapphire). Princess has been posting all of these pictures on their Facebook page and/or their Flickr page. I've just been reposting them here as they pop up because I know there are a lot of people who don't use Facebook and Flickr that are on these boards.

Love that you are reposting the pictures; keep it up.

Archived