Spoiled by Eurodam

thanna

We just got back from the 1/28 cruise on the Eurodam and plan to write a full review, but in the mean time just a few quick thoughts.

We have been on about 16 cruises, spread over CCL, NCL, and RCL but had never cruised HAL before. In a word we are now "spoiled" and will find it hard to go back to the other lines. The level of sevice, the attention to detail and the other cruisers made this a much more enjoyable trip.

First, if you are on a ship that has cabanas (lido/ retreat) and you have not yet reserved one, run to your phone and reserve one. You will not regret it. We had a Lido cabana and could not believe how much we enjoyed it for the price.

The vibrations on the ship, I feel are being over reported. I think we have all read so much about it that we are sensitized to it and are looking for it. It really is not a problem.

The entertainment is very much a personal preference thing. My wife who likes those kind of shows, loved it. I thought that some of the shows were much better than others, so I would not lump them all together as good or bad. I would have liked more variety.

Although the average age may be a little higher on the line (we are 50 and 44) that is not a problem and in fact makes for a better overall experience. If I have to give up drunken 20 somethings roaming the halls in the middle of the night, well that is a sacrifice I am willing to make.

I hear ya, my wife and I, early 40's, were just on the Eurodam a few weeks ago and loved it. It's hard to contemplate a better ship experience overall and we'll rebook the Eurodam, or sister ship NA, without hesitation. And can't imagine a cruise without the Tamarind now!

Great to hear your report and so glad you enjoyed your first HAL cruise :D:D

They have a lot of ships and the interesting thing is that each one seems to offer their own personality and experience. Service is one of the things that we all love about HAL:)

We cruised with Oceania last Thanksgiving and know what the OP means by spoiled by HAL. Although the Oceania experience was first class, the SY suite on we had on our Panama Canal transit on the Westerdam was far bigger for less money per day. When we arrived home after the OC cruise we cancelled the OC Med cruise we had booked for April and now look forward to the Westerdam South Pacific cruise we have booked for 4/2013. HAL does spoil its clients, something for which we are very thankful.

Thanks for your review. I guess it is all personal taste. We keep coming back as we know what to expect and we get it. It is a thrill to find staff remember your name from a previous cruise on another DAM ship. That's family!

Thanks for the great review, We are leaving on the Eurodam on the 18th of Feb to the Caribbean. Aged 57-75. I have saidled on the Zuiderdam and must say I am excited to be able to cruise on the Eurodam.:p

We were also on the cruise, our first with HA, and it was truly wonderful. Will post a more extended review later but can't say enough good things about the ship, crew, food and entertainment. Some shows were better than others, but you could pick between many types of entertainment during the evening. Anyone going on this ship will enjoy themselves, no matter what their age. With the exception of the 'real partiers' there wasn't a lot of noisy partying going on and that was ok with us :0

That is wonderful to hear such good things about the Eurodam. We are taking our first cruise on the Eurodam on the 25th of Feb. I am really looking forward to it. We have been on 19 cruises but mostly Princess Lines. We might become new believers of HAL if we get spoiled like you did.

I am thrilled to read this and will go searching for your review. We sail on the Eurodam on March 3 and are very much looking forward to it. There have been reviews both pro and con but I'm hoping that our experience is like yours. This will be our 2nd HAL cruise, was on the Veendam previously, and thought that this one would be just as nice.

Anyone else on the same cruise as us??

We just got back from the 1/28 cruise on the Eurodam and plan to write a full review, but in the mean time just a few quick thoughts.

We have been on about 16 cruises, spread over CCL, NCL, and RCL but had never cruised HAL before. In a word we are now "spoiled" and will find it hard to go back to the other lines. The level of sevice, the attention to detail and the other cruisers made this a much more enjoyable trip.

First, if you are on a ship that has cabanas (lido/ retreat) and you have not yet reserved one, run to your phone and reserve one. You will not regret it. We had a Lido cabana and could not believe how much we enjoyed it for the price.

The vibrations on the ship, I feel are being over reported. I think we have all read so much about it that we are sensitized to it and are looking for it. It really is not a problem.

The entertainment is very much a personal preference thing. My wife who likes those kind of shows, loved it. I thought that some of the shows were much better than others, so I would not lump them all together as good or bad. I would have liked more variety.

Although the average age may be a little higher on the line (we are 50 and 44) that is not a problem and in fact makes for a better overall experience. If I have to give up drunken 20 somethings roaming the halls in the middle of the night, well that is a sacrifice I am willing to make.

We too love the Eurodam and met wonderful people from all over the world when we cruised the Baltics in July last year. Unfortunately I had the toughest steak ever served to me in the $20 per person steak restaurant, and when I told the maitre D he said "oh" which was such a shock that I didn't react. The Flaming Alaska dessert more than made up for it but it would have been better if the maitre D reacted more careingly ! I should have asked for the cost to be removed but didn't as I said earlier, the baked Alaska made up for it all. we had a brilliant cruise and Patti was a wonderful cruise director. We have already booked our next HAL cruise and can't wait.

I am thrilled to read this and will go searching for your review. We sail on the Eurodam on March 3 and are very much looking forward to it. There have been reviews both pro and con but I'm hoping that our experience is like yours. This will be our 2nd HAL cruise' date=' was on the Veendam previously, and thought that this one would be just as nice.

Anyone else on the same cruise as us??[/quote']

Yes, and getting very excited!! This will be our first HAL cruise. Reviews like this make me very happy.

Archived