I don't plan to cruise on Splendor anymore because....

LucyR.

I wrote a cruise review but it hasn't been posted yet for some reason.

I had a wonderful time dancing, singing, meeting lots of cruisers, etc.

The ship staff are great. My cabin insider #7345 cat.1-A was great.

I have cruised on Splendor 6 times and the food has gone downhill.

Healthy safe foods is important to me. I don't need to eat fancy foods but I do enjoy eating food that is not spoiled.

The hot chocolate machine had spoiled milk and needs to be cleaned out real good.

One of the soft ice cream machine needs to also be cleaned out because I saw specks of black dots in the ice cream.

My grilled Ruben sandwich had spoiled thousand island dressing on it so I had to throw it out.

My two traveling friends ate sushi on the last evening and had to vomit it

because it was spoiled. They had been eating sushi all week long but on their last evening they both got sick.

Service is real bad for "Anytime Dinning". They don't have enough help to serve the people. I noticed that when I ordered pork chops they didn't bring me the apple sauce until I was almost finished eating dinner.

I ordered well done prime rib but it was real raw. I exchanged it because I noticed they didn't bring the sour cream and horseradish for another lady at the table for her prime rib meal.

When I asked for butter for my baked potato I was told to use the butter that is used for the bread and rolls. I thought that was tacky.

I am used to having an assistant waiter come to my table and ask what else we need. Hardly ever showed up. The Maitre D' never showed their face at our table each night.

I am not the type to complain unless it is a real serious problem.

I was on a Mexican Riviera cruise and I did complain to the Ship's security manager that I didn't like the Mexican security searching my tiny coin money purse. They said they were looking for fruit. They didn't bother to search all of my bags. So I thought it was strange that they would put their hand in my money section of my purse.

The Ship's manager said it was normal to search my coin purse. No big deal. MY ADVISE is to hide your money somewhere on your body.

Overall I had a wonderful time but I just didn't like the dinner service and the lack of assistant waiters to meet our needs.

I don't need advise. I just want to report my cruise experience. Everybody does have a different experience on a cruise ship.

I just want to inform people to beware of spoiled foods and some bad service in the dinning room. I am not the type to complain a lot. I just like to inform people of my own personal experience.

We are all different in what we like or don't like. LucyR.

How do you know of all the spoiled foods? Did you see the expiration dates? How did you know it was EXACTLY the thousand island dressing on the Ruben that was spoiled? What if it was the meat? Why is it tacky to use the same butter as for the breads/rolls? It's not like any other restaurant has special butter just for the baked potato. Yes, it might come in a separate dish on a land restaurant, but I bet it's the same butter that comes in a dish for your bread

I just got off the Carnival Splendor yesterday. It was our third cruise on this ship.

I did not see anything like you described, in fact just the opposite. We spent many a hour on the lido deck playing cards at different times of the day and night and were amazing at the thoroughness of the cleaning that goes on by the crew. Not just superficial wipe downs, but serious cleaning was the norm. The fact that there are 3000 slobs on board makes the cleanliness of the ship even more amazing.

As for the hot chocolate machine, there is no milk in the drink, it is powdered mix combined with hot water, so it is hard for spoiling of a non existent ingredient.

We had great service with You Time Dining, but that depends on your specific waitstaff.

Better luck on your next cruise ship choice!

I just got off the Carnival Splendor yesterday. It was our third cruise on this ship.

I did not see anything like you described, in fact just the opposite. We spent many a hour on the lido deck playing cards at different times of the day and night and were amazing at the thoroughness of the cleaning that goes on by the crew. Not just superficial wipe downs, but serious cleaning was the norm. The fact that there are 3000 slobs on board makes the cleanliness of the ship even more amazing.

As for the hot chocolate machine, there is no milk in the drink, it is powdered mix combined with hot water, so it is hard for spoiling of a non existent ingredient.

We had great service with You Time Dining, but that depends on your specific waitstaff.

Better luck on your next cruise ship choice!

Great post, we were on the same cruise and the week before. We had two weeks of great service with YTD. I have the extra pounds to prove it.:)

We only have one ship left on the West coast and we don't want to lose it. We would sail on the Splendor next week if we could.

Mike

Lots of people have noted that the waiters at night are rushed off their feet and barely getting people served and out of there by the time the next group comes in to eat late dinner. Not a new complaint.

I didnt encounter any spoiled food. Drank out of a glass that turned out to have black stuff inside the glass I didnt notice, but nothing that bad. I was already aware that the waiters can barely service the tables, so I was not surprised last week. I am sure the waiters are doing the best they can.

I was on a Mexican Riviera cruise and I did complain to the Ship's security manager that I didn't like the Mexican security searching my tiny coin money purse. LucyR.

I'm going to complain to Homeland Security that I don't like being searched either. The nerve of them....... :rolleyes:

I'm going to complain to Homeland Security that I don't like being searched either. The nerve of them....... :rolleyes:

I went to cozumel, and not this time but last time they did a xray machine at the port and made me take off my watch separate. Never seen that happen before.

It does make you wonder why they would do something completely different from one time to the next. People said well maybe your watch had a lot of metal. I said since they didnt let me walk thru with it .. how would they have known ahead of time?? Some times odd things just happen.

I go expecting little irks and quirks .. that way you are not upset or surprised.

Edited by firefly333

I'm not a fan of Carnival's food, on any of their ships, but when I keep my expectations low I am no longer disappointed. My question to you is that when you realized certain food items were spoiled, did you report this to anyone? If, in fact they were spoiled, and not just a flavor you didn't care for, you might have prevented others from becoming ill, as well.

The service in the dining rooms of all Carnival ships is slipping. I think we all appreciate how hard these people work. Carnival (perhaps other cruise lines, as well) are keeping their costs down in order to keep more money in their own corporate pockets. We get what we pay for and we get what we deserve when we put our money into their machine.

You say you don't complain a lot, but seems like every post I read from you is a complaint:confused:
Somebody needs to give up on tacky Carnival ...and start cruising Crystal ;)

C_Symphony-119.jpg

It's so much better -and for about the same price! :D

I am sorry about your experience on Splendor, Lucy. It's quite unfortunate that my sushi experience got us both sick on the last day. I would still give Splendor or just cruising another chance (I had a really bad motion sickness since day 1). We had a good experience with the staff and the cruisers. I feel somewhat spoiled because I always go to really nice restaurants. I thought it was weird how they served food in those brown/clear covers.

It does make you wonder why they would do something completely different from one time to the next. People said well maybe your watch had a lot of metal. I said since they didnt let me walk thru with it .. how would they have known ahead of time?? Some times odd things just happen.

Security can benefit from differing their protocol at any time. 9/11 terrorists did several practice runs to know what to expect before they struck, so differing things slightly in different ways can trip up any criminals that are "investigating" security protocol. Who knows, maybe they had alerts that drugs were being smuggled in the form of watches out of Cozumel so that was the MO for the day, scan all watches to insure they are real...

I wont cruise the Splendor again because I hated the ship for smokers... it seems with the new smoking and serenity areas.. the Spirit class won't be on my list any more either along with the Liberty :(

Edited by KruznKel

I wont cruise the Splendor again because I hated the ship for smokers... it seems with the new smoking and serenity areas.. the Spirit class won't be on my list any more either along with the Liberty :(

There is no smoking in any of the Serenity areas but I do hate that the miniature golf was right above the Serenity deck. So much for relaxing away from the kids. :rolleyes:

There is no smoking in any of the Serenity areas but I do hate that the miniature golf was right above the Serenity deck. So much for relaxing away from the kids. :rolleyes:

Yes I know there is no smoking in the serenity areas on any ship.. I meant the Spirit class since they took away the aft... all the other serenity areas.. are on other decks beside the lido...

"I am not the type to complain unless it is a real serious problem."

but you did not list anything that was a serious problem. Real vanilla ice cream has black specks. A real Rueben has sauerkraut (the sour taste). Your prime rib wasn't cooked to your liking, they will fix anthing, just ask. I see no serious problems.

1st time I went on the Splendor a few years ago, on 1 of the last nights, I decided to eat at the buffet. The oil at the salad bar was rancid. I wonder how many people used it before I told one of the cooks. They immediately took it off the salad bar and I could hear them all yelling at each other about it.

I went back on the Splendor this past December and the food was the worst I have eaten (with the exception of the Tandoor grill and the pizza) on 16 cruises. The hot food was lukewarm at best and most of the food had little flavor. There were some dishes that were good, but overall it was way below par. I was afraid this was how the food was now on all the ships. I was extremely surprised with the food on the Inspiration. It was a complete 180.

Great post, we were on the same cruise and the week before. We had two weeks of great service with YTD. I have the extra pounds to prove it.:)

We only have one ship left on the West coast and we don't want to lose it. We would sail on the Splendor next week if we could.

Mike

We have the Inspiration too!

Somebody needs to give up on tacky Carnival ...and start cruising Crystal ;)

C_Symphony-119.jpg

It's so much better -and for about the same price! :D

Hmmm, hardly the same price and I like to relax on our cruises, not dress is stuffy clothes and ballroom dance - YIKES!