Overview of drink packages

sarafinadh

Sorry if this has been noted in another thread... Anyone else notice a couple of minor changes to the drink packages? Classic: Beers now up to $6, 15% discount on bottled wines. Premium: max drink/wine limit increased to $13, bottled wine discount decreased to 20%.

Sorry if this has been noted in another thread... Anyone else notice a couple of minor changes to the drink packages? Classic: Beers now up to $6, 15% discount on bottled wines. Premium: max drink/wine limit increased to $13, bottled wine discount decreased to 20%.

I wonder if the price limits being increased is to accommodate an increase in the price per the menu for some beers and wines?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I thought that it might just be for European sailings so I checked on the Celebrity page.

It's interesting that on the Drink Package page it's exactly as you described BUT if you click on "See the savings here" it shows the old package. So which one is a typo?

(Good old Celebrity IT :p )

I thought that it might just be for European sailings so I checked on the Celebrity page.

It's interesting that on the Drink Package page it's exactly as you described BUT if you click on "See the savings here" it shows the old package. So which one is a typo?

I posted this in a couple drink threads. Wondering if you know the cost of daqueries and coladas and fruit/slushy alcohol drinks? Are they all obtainable with the basic alcohol package? Or do any require higher premium package?

I was wondering if anyone had PDF of drink menu that's somewhat recent

I have searched, could not find an answer so have decided to risk posting the question here:)

I am booked on a cruise in July 2104. Deposit paid and now I seem to be getting weekly emails from Celebrity letting me know that it is not long until I go and that I need to buy my drinks (and dining) packages. I have decided to go with the premium package but wondered what advantages (apart exchange rate fluctuations as I am in UK) there are in paying in advance?

Why not phone Celebrity and ask if you can have drinks package on 123 go offer worth a try. Sorry should had read all before posting You done it well done.

Edited by snowyboy

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone else notice it's now changed back to the way it was before???

Classic: Beers up to $5, 20% discount on bottled wines. Premium: max drink/wine $12, bottled wine discount 30%. :confused:

Maybe it's just another website issue. :rolleyes:

Anyone else notice it's now changed back to the way it was before???

Classic: Beers up to $5, 20% discount on bottled wines. Premium: max drink/wine $12, bottled wine discount 30%. :confused:

Maybe it's just another website issue. :rolleyes:

I just checked and you're right.

(I didn't doubt you - just wondered if different people would pull up different things)

Were there many drinks between the $12 and $13 range?

I just checked and you're right.

(I didn't doubt you - just wondered if different people would pull up different things)

Were there many drinks between the $12 and $13 range?

Well I doubted myself:D. Looked several times 2 days in a row to make sure i wasn't seeing things.

Some have reported that the limits on price of drinks/wine/beer were in fact raised to $6, $13 etc. I've yet to take my first cruise of any sort so don't have first hand information on anything - perhaps recent cruisers can respond.

Well I doubted myself:D. Looked several times 2 days in a row to make sure i wasn't seeing things.

Some have reported that the limits on price of drinks/wine/beer were in fact raised to $6, $13 etc. I've yet to take my first cruise of any sort so don't have first hand information on anything - perhaps recent cruisers can respond.

The only thing i can think of is that in Australia and around the British Isles prices are quoted with gratuities included so maybe they made the price of the included drinks higher for those cruises and didn't intend for them to be on the general website.

That doesn't explain the discount on bottled wine changing, though.

Maybe I'll start a new thread with that question if no one comes on here with an answer.

The only thing i can think of is that in Australia and around the British Isles prices are quoted with gratuities included so maybe they made the price of the included drinks higher for those cruises and didn't intend for them to be on the general website.

That doesn't explain the discount on bottled wine changing, though.

Maybe I'll start a new thread with that question if no one comes on here with an answer.

No, it was the North American site, not the Australian or European. It was also noted by other posters in other threads and someone even confirmed that the change was observed on-board.

Hi, I've also been trying to figure out drink package prices on Celebrity.

This is a great post, a big thank you to one and all!

I'm currently in Dublin, Ireland, and the quote on the web from here reads:

"Classic Package Upgrade your cruise experience and pay one price to enjoy all of the benefits of our Classic Non-Alcoholic package as well as all beers up to $6 per serving, and spirits, cocktails, frozen drinks, and wines by the glass up to $8 per serving. Plus, with purchase of this Classic Package, you can enjoy a 15% discount on all wines by the bottle purchased on board, even our prized Reserve Wine list and Rare Wine list. Save 11% by booking pre-cruise. See the savings here. *Starting from: 35.64 EUR Per NIGHT"

"Premium Package For the ultimate in value and convenience, our premium package provides all the benefits of our Premium Non-Alcoholic Package. In addition, you can enjoy our entire selection of Beers as well as Spirits, Cocktails and Wines by the Glass up to $13 per serving. Plus, with purchase of this Premium Package, you can enjoy a 20% discount on all wines by the bottle purchased on board, even our prized Reserve Wine list and Rare Wine list. Save 9% by booking pre-cruise. See the savings here. *Starting from: 43.74 EUR Per NIGHT"

The 'See the savings here' bit is a link to a PDF document that condradicts the information above. The PDF says:

"Classic Package All Fountain and Canned Soda, All Bottled Juices, Fresh Squeezed Juices, Premium Coffees and Teas, Crystal Geyser Bottled Water, Beers up to $5; Spirits, Liqueurs, Cocktails, Frozen Drinks up to $8; any Wine by the Glass up to $8"

"Premium Package All Fountain and Canned Soda, All Bottled Juices, Fresh Squeezed Juices, Premium Coffees and Teas, All Specialty Coffees, Evian, Pellegrino, Perrier, Vitamin Water, Red Bull; Cocktails, Wines by the glass and Beers up to $12"

I'm booking through the US for a March 15 Eastern Caribbean 7 night and there is currently a 123 go that includes the standard drinks package and gratuities, and we've been quoted $11.50 US per person per day upgrade to the premium.

One expensive drink a day and we will recapture our 11.50 so we're going for it.

It will be interesting to see which price they hold us to.

YMMV Russ

Edited by CruisingRuss
Formatting/pricing notes

Hi, I've also been trying to figure out drink package prices on Celebrity.

This is a great post, a big thank you to one and all!

I'm currently in Dublin, Ireland, and the quote on the web from here reads:

"Classic Package Upgrade your cruise experience and pay one price to enjoy all of the benefits of our Classic Non-Alcoholic package as well as all beers up to $6 per serving, and spirits, cocktails, frozen drinks, and wines by the glass up to $8 per serving. Plus, with purchase of this Classic Package, you can enjoy a 15% discount on all wines by the bottle purchased on board, even our prized Reserve Wine list and Rare Wine list. Save 11% by booking pre-cruise. See the savings here. *Starting from: 35.64 EUR Per NIGHT"

"Premium Package For the ultimate in value and convenience, our premium package provides all the benefits of our Premium Non-Alcoholic Package. In addition, you can enjoy our entire selection of Beers as well as Spirits, Cocktails and Wines by the Glass up to $13 per serving. Plus, with purchase of this Premium Package, you can enjoy a 20% discount on all wines by the bottle purchased on board, even our prized Reserve Wine list and Rare Wine list. Save 9% by booking pre-cruise. See the savings here. *Starting from: 43.74 EUR Per NIGHT"

The 'See the savings here' bit is a link to a PDF document that condradicts the information above. The PDF says:

"Classic Package All Fountain and Canned Soda, All Bottled Juices, Fresh Squeezed Juices, Premium Coffees and Teas, Crystal Geyser Bottled Water, Beers up to $5; Spirits, Liqueurs, Cocktails, Frozen Drinks up to $8; any Wine by the Glass up to $8"

"Premium Package All Fountain and Canned Soda, All Bottled Juices, Fresh Squeezed Juices, Premium Coffees and Teas, All Specialty Coffees, Evian, Pellegrino, Perrier, Vitamin Water, Red Bull; Cocktails, Wines by the glass and Beers up to $12"

I'm booking through the US for a March 15 Eastern Caribbean 7 night and there is currently a 123 go that includes the standard drinks package and gratuities, and we've been quoted $11.50 US per person per day upgrade to the premium.

One expensive drink a day and we will recapture our 11.50 so we're going for it.

It will be interesting to see which price they hold us to.

YMMV Russ

It says the same thing when viewing through the US website as of 1618 EST

The US website keeps going back and forth.

A couple of days ago the Premium was up to $12 with 30% off bottled wines.

Today it's $13 and 20%.

BUT if you click on the link provided (see the savings here) the jpg shows the $12.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/planAndBook/tabLanding.do?pagename=onboard_beverage_packages&tab=onboard_beverage_packages_premium_classic_tab%2Fonboard%2FasrPanel.do%3Fpagename%3Donboard_beverage_packages_premium_classic

Premium Package

For the ultimate in value and convenience, our premium package provides all the benefits of our Premium Non-Alcoholic Package. In addition, you can enjoy our entire selection of Beers as well as Spirits, Cocktails and Wines by the Glass up to $13 per serving. Plus, with purchase of this Premium Package, you can enjoy a 20% discount on all wines by the bottle purchased on board, even our prized Reserve Wine list and Rare Wine list. Save 9% by booking pre-cruise. See the savings here.

*Starting from: 54.00 USD Per NIGHT

http://media.celebritycruises.com/celebrity/content/en_US/pdf/celebrity-cruises-beverage-packages-price-flyer.pdf

Someone currently on a c ruise reported they were honoring the $13 price but that he also noticed drink prices had gone up.

Of course that's only true, as is everything else, for that one ship and that one cruise!

Edited by chamima

So I called celebrity and they said a few of things that conflict with a lot of things written on these forums.

1. The website is incorrect for both premium and classic. It should be 5 dollars for beer and not six. Also, it should be 12 dollars for premium not 13.

2. If you get your classic beverage package through the 1-2-3 program you will not be allowed to upgrade after the end of the promotion either by phone or on the ship. So if you are like me and my cruise is in march I will not be able to upgrade while on board. This makes absolutely no sense

3. If you have the 1-2-3 package if 1 person upgrades you both do.

So I called celebrity and they said a few of things that conflict with a lot of things written on these forums.

1. The website is incorrect for both premium and classic. It should be 5 dollars for beer and not six. Also, it should be 12 dollars for premium not 13.

2. If you get your classic beverage package through the 1-2-3 program you will not be allowed to upgrade after the end of the promotion either by phone or on the ship. So if you are like me and my cruise is in march I will not be able to upgrade while on board. This makes absolutely no sense

Where do you see that you can't upgrade to premium on board?.

We've done it twice.

Unfortunately the CSRs you get on the phone are usually the worst sources for correct information! :(

I'm confused now...... I was hoping to upgrade one of our packages after trying out the classic 1st for a couple of days. We sail in May so that is after the promotion date......

I'm confused now...... I was hoping to upgrade one of our packages after trying out the classic 1st for a couple of days. We sail in May so that is after the promotion date......

I think you'll find that despite coming from a Celebrity CSR, all three of those answers are precisely wrong - according to the actual experiences posted here by recent cruisers.

Relax, you'll be able to upgrade once you're on board. Not all of the CSR's are all on the same page with these programs. It's not just X, it's the same with RCI and Carnival as well. Celebrity is not going to turn down your 11.50 per day if you wish to upgrade your package after a few days. It would be bad PR and that is the last thing they want.

As a general rule, there are four groups of people that benefit from the upgrade. Those that like slightly better wines, those that like much better beers, those that like to imbibe at the Martini or Molecular Bars and finally those that wish to upgrade for miscellanious reasons such as drinking San Pelligrino with dinner, grabbing a large bottle of Evian to take ashore or just not having to worry about signing slips of paper with each drink order.

You can drink as much as you like. No daily limit. Our on board invoice contained 6 pages of zero entries.

regarding your statement "contained 6 pages of 0 entries"....was wanting to track my drinks even though have the classic package so could do a cost comparison for future cruises...does the ship keep track of these and print out on your on-board statement even though there is nothing owed?

Relax, you'll be able to upgrade once you're on board. Not all of the CSR's are all on the same page with these programs. It's not just X, it's the same with RCI and Carnival as well. Celebrity is not going to turn down your 11.50 per day if you wish to upgrade your package after a few days. It would be bad PR and that is the last thing they want.

As a general rule, there are four groups of people that benefit from the upgrade. Those that like slightly better wines, those that like much better beers, those that like to imbibe at the Martini or Molecular Bars and finally those that wish to upgrade for miscellanious reasons such as drinking San Pelligrino with dinner, grabbing a large bottle of Evian to take ashore or just not having to worry about signing slips of paper with each drink order.

So are the large bottles of water only available with a premium, not classic package? I was only wanting to do a non alcohol package, as I'm not much of a drinker & my main interest was bottled water & coffee. I didn't really want the premium non-alcohol, because the last thing I need is to drink smoothies & put on weight. But if I can only get the small bottles of water - the premium would be worth it.