Overview of drink packages

sarafinadh

regarding your statement "contained 6 pages of 0 entries"....was wanting to track my drinks even though have the classic package so could do a cost comparison for future cruises...does the ship keep track of these and print out on your on-board statement even though there is nothing owed?

Sort of. It does not list the regular price for the drinks.

So much apparent confusion it would seem. Would be nice to have a difinitive answer from the horses mouth so to speak. Come on Celebrity, here is your chance to step up and set things straight. That is if anyone at Celebrity actually knows? :cool:

One thing I've struggled with is getting water. I drink a lot of water. I know you can get water from the buffet but late afternoon on the three cruises I've done I've timed it badly and the buffet was closed. In the end I ordered room service which seems ridiculous.

On the 123 classic, when leaving for a port stop (in my case, that's every day) can I go to a bar or somewhere and just get a bottle of water to go?

One thing I've struggled with is getting water. I drink a lot of water. I know you can get water from the buffet but late afternoon on the three cruises I've done I've timed it badly and the buffet was closed. In the end I ordered room service which seems ridiculous.

On the 123 classic, when leaving for a port stop (in my case, that's every day) can I go to a bar or somewhere and just get a bottle of water to go?

Yes

So much apparent confusion it would seem. Would be nice to have a difinitive answer from the horses mouth so to speak. Come on Celebrity, here is your chance to step up and set things straight. That is if anyone at Celebrity actually knows? :cool:

They did come on here last year and said you could upgrade for $11.50 on board.

Then Host Andy asked and received the same official response.

I tried to do a search for that post but couldn't find it quickly.

I am POSITIVE I saw both posts.

So are the large bottles of water only available with a premium, not classic package? I was only wanting to do a non alcohol package, as I'm not much of a drinker & my main interest was bottled water & coffee. I didn't really want the premium non-alcohol, because the last thing I need is to drink smoothies & put on weight. But if I can only get the small bottles of water - the premium would be worth it.

You can get a large bottle of plain water, just not Evian or Pellegrino or any "fancy" or sparkling water.

In May there were tables set up as you disembarked and you could get bottled water at that time. You also could get it from any bar. I consume copious quantities of water and had no problems anywhere. It might not be the same water at every bar, but every bar had water.

We've had the NA package before and do drink a lot of bottled water. We'd make it a regular point to stop by a convenient bar or lounge on our way back to the cabin to maintain a few bottles there. The easiest places for us were Café al Bacio or the bar near the entrance to the buffet (on S class ships). But any bar has these. They also set up a stand for bottled water at the gangway off the ship at port stops. You can pick up bottled water on your way off, and back on, the ship with your package.

If you are referring to the $11.50 ($10+15%) upgrade price then it has been confirmed on these boards by Celebrity - just not repeatedly on every thread where the subject comes up. Look at post #214 on this thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=40243642#post40243642 It has also been confirmed by many recent reports of actual on board experiences.

If you are referring to the $11.50 ($10+15%) upgrade price then it has been confirmed on these boards by Celebrity - just not repeatedly on every thread where the subject comes up. Look at post #214 on this thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=40243642#post40243642 It has also been confirmed by many recent reports of actual on board experiences.

Thank you for your response. On reading it I felt I should feel suitably scolded. ;) I was referring to the degree of confusion that seems to exist regarding current policy, even with some CLC Reps. May I refer you to post#591 and #596.

Thanks for your time, sorry I had the temerity to admit to being a little confused by some he the more recent posts, and subsequently seeking clarification. :cool:

Edited by Macadian

Thank you for your response. On reading it I felt I should feel suitably scolded. ;) I was referring to the degree of confusion that seems to exist regarding current policy, even with some CLC Reps. May I refer you to post#591 and #596.

Thanks for your time, sorry I had the temerity to admit to being a little confused by the conflicting post recently and seeking clarification. :cool:

Unfortunately, the telephone reps have a reputation for having incorrect information. I know this fact is far from comforting but it should help a little to sort out the conflicting information if you know they are often wrong on areas like this.

i'm sure this is possible but wanted to ask the question. the obc being offered is more than needed for the gratuities and we usually don't take the ships excursions. just hoping i can apply it to the extra cost of the premium package.

i'm sure this is possible but wanted to ask the question. the obc being offered is more than needed for the gratuities and we usually don't take the ships excursions. just hoping i can apply it to the extra cost of the premium package.
Yes, you can use your OBC to pay for the upgrade from the classic to the premium. All you need to do is obviously wait until you're on board to do so, otherwise your credit card will be charged.

Yes, you can use your OBC to pay for the upgrade from the classic to the premium. All you need to do is obviously wait until you're on board to do so, otherwise your credit card will be charged.

Ah. That's interesting. As ours is port intensive I don't think we'd be using our OBC as all drinks paid for to a certain level. But the OBC would cover the upgrade and then some. TX! We've booked MTD so tips already paid.

Edited by Pushka

We have the classic alcoholic beverage package as part of the 1-2-3 promotion. Sailing next week on the Equinox. Have seen price lists for a variety of drinks. BUT I see that the martinis at the martini bar are $10 each. Do they ever let you order a "short" martini that's within the $8 limit for alcoholic beverages?

We have the classic alcoholic beverage package as part of the 1-2-3 promotion. Sailing next week on the Equinox. Have seen price lists for a variety of drinks. BUT I see that the martinis at the martini bar are $10 each. Do they ever let you order a "short" martini that's within the $8 limit for alcoholic beverages?
Yes, but it can only be a basic martini made with vodka or gin, a cosmo or an appletini. In addition to being smaller, they will all be made with Classic level liquors like Absolute vodka, not higher end like Grey Goose. Finally, with my experience sitting at the Martini Bar on the Summit every night, the bartenders there preferred that you order the regular sized ones using the fancier alcohols.

Since you're going to be on an S Class ship, you also have the option to imbibe at the Molecular bar. In both cases, you would have to upgrade to the premium package, all for the price of one drink, 11.50 per day. Besides being able to indulge at both of these bars, the beer limit is raised from 5.00 to 12.00, along with other mixed drinks and wine from 8.00 to 12.00. You also get Evian and San Pellegrino waters, Red Bull and Vitamin Water, all which is included in the premium and not the classic. Finally, if there is a glass of wine or an expensive beer that is over the 12.00 limit, all you pay is the difference, plus 15%, whereas you are charged the full price over the 8.00 wine limit and 5.00 beer limit if you only have the classic. Food for thought.....

Upgrading to the premium package is definitely worth it.

We aren't cruising until October and I have already put way too much thought into this. For the additional cost, for us, I have decided it is a no brainer. We could probably get by just fine on the classic package but we are on vacation after all!

You can get water as you leave the ship.

Would anyone know what the "plain bottled water" will be on the Century Panama Canal cruise? I need to know if it is purified water or spring water. Would spring water require a package and, if so, which one? Also, will a concierge class cabin provide spring water and not re

Would anyone know what the "plain bottled water" will be on the Century Panama Canal cruise? I need to know if it is purified water or spring water. Would spring water require a package and, if so, which one? Also, will a concierge class cabin provide spring water and not re
The plain bottled water will vary from cruise to cruise. It is whatever cheap generic stuff is available at the port in which the ship is getting it's supplies. The waters available are either generic, Evian or San Pellegrino, with the latter two requiring premium package status.