Overview of drink packages

sarafinadh

I guess I was wrong and made wrong assumption. We always get an OV (I get claustrpophobic) so I assumed it was all. We booked a low category OV (with a on grade upgrade) and the price had gone up. Still the per day cost on \Summit was not much more than the RCI cruise with less interesting itinerary.

We will go somewhere in Jan or March out of FL. I started looking at options and - frankly - most go to same places and we aren't beach folks. I see that the Equnox has a fairly priced cruise and - if they are offeribng the Choose one till 4/30 it might pay to put down a fully refundable deposit. For those who KNOW Celibrity.. do they offer this Choose one often?

And which B2B did you book SNJCruisers?

Steve

The B2B that we just had consisted of 7 days on the Silhouette, followed up by 6 days on RCI's Independence of the Seas, both out of FLL. The Pick your perk and 1-2-3 Go promotions as these have been called have been running now for a couple of months straight and has been extended twice. It originally started back in january of 2013 and ran I think 5 different times for short 2-3 week booking windows until the lengthy current booking period then it should be over on the 30th unless they extend it again. It's good on all sailings through 3/31/15 except those that are transatlantic or transpacific and has to be in an OV or higher cabin.

The Equinox for 10 days will be about 1300 + tax, while the Silhouette for 7 is 900 + tax, these are both OV during either Jan or March. Both are S class ships and I can tell you that the Silhouette is fantastic. Good luck with your decision.

The Equinox for 10 days will be about 1300 + tax, while the Silhouette for 7 is 900 + tax, these are both OV during either Jan or March. Both are S class ships and I can tell you that the Silhouette is fantastic. Good luck with your decision.

We got a Category 2 B (a HUMP BALCONY) with free upgrade from 2c plus the free drink package plus a $100 OBC for just over $1700 with ALL Taxes. So we grabbed it. Itinerary looks great as we;ve never been to any of those ports (well I was in Cartegna in the 1970s on a tour) (Then again we've never been on Celebrity - we have the Summitt in Sept).

Sorry I'm off this topic but wanted to thank you for giving me incentive to at least put down a deposit.

S

We are sailing in June and know we want the premium booze package. '

Better to order online now or wait until on the Solstice?

Better to order from my TA (Costco) or Celebrity direct?

I've never seen such silliness with getting liquid refreshments...seems unnecessarily complex but I do not want to see some gargantuan bar bill at the end of our cruise.

I've never seen such silliness with getting liquid refreshments...seems unnecessarily complex but I do not want to see some gargantuan bar bill at the end of our cruise.

I guess the FREE package option can't be chosen for you or it would pay to grab that. Otherwise, there is no difference if you buy it now or the minute you get on board. (They'll be promoting them for sure) It all depends on your cash flow. If you have an OBC you can use it then. There is honestly no reason to book through TA now as prices is the same $64/day (including the 15% service) unless I'm wrong.

No difference in price wherever you buy the package or the upgrade. As far as waiting, the risk is they raise the fare between now and then and there's been a lot of that going on.

If you buy onboard they put a sticker on your sea pass which comes off when wet (pool, rain, at the bar etc). I prefer to buy ahead of time to avoid the hassle.

Avalon Scenery Burgundy and Provence-June 2010

Celebrity Infinity Alaska-May 2012

Celebrity Century Pacific Wine-Sept 2012

Celebrity Millennium N Alaska-July 2013

Celebrity Century Pacific Coastal-May 2014

Celebrity Millennium Malaysia and Indonesia-Nov 2014

If you buy onboard they put a sticker on your sea pass which comes off when wet (pool, rain, at the bar etc). I prefer to buy ahead of time to avoid the hassle.

If you get a new sea pass card after you buy the package will the package be coded in or will you continue to need a sticker applied?

If you get a new sea pass card after you buy the package will the package be coded in or will you continue to need a sticker applied?

Coded. In fact if you buy or upgrade at guest relations desk it will be coded - no sticker.

Coded. In fact if you buy or upgrade at guest relations desk it will be coded - no sticker.
This must vary by a certain degree depending on each ship. We upgraded at guest services once on board the Summit last October, but we had to upgrade at a bar on the Silhouette a few weeks ago. In both instances, new pre-printed cards were cut with the PALL inscribed on them at guest services.

Thanks! Now I guess I'm more confused. Looking at the 2nd link I counted 12 wines at $8 and under. (that includes roses a sweet wines like prosecco plus one sparkling). That's a lot more than the number "four" that was mentioned. Wonder how current the list isd. If beers in Classic are now for up to $6.00 that seems to be ALL the beers (not ales) except Anchor Steam. And a WHO:LE slew of cocKtails at $8 or under. Am I missing something?:confused: It sure looks like a heck of a lot of choices without paying the $11.50 more per day.

I hate to sound dumb again :o but are cappucinos and expressos included in Classic Package? If I read the detyails on the link right Classic includes "Specialty coffees" while Premium includes "all specialty coffees".

Confused again...

Steve

Are trip in March on Eclipse was upgraded to Premium package. For the most part our drinks fit into the Classic package price scale. If you can skip the fresh OJ, Cappuccinos, and many wines stick with the Classic Package.

We do not intend to up grade on our next trip.

If you can skip the fresh OJ, Cappuccinos, and many wines stick with the Classic Package.

FYI, All of these are included in the classic package (except a huge selection of wine but you can find decent ones in the limited selection)

Are trip in March on Eclipse was upgraded to Premium package. For the most part our drinks fit into the Classic package price scale. If you can skip the fresh OJ, Cappuccinos, and many wines stick with the Classic Package.

There are 4 main areas that the premium package comes into play. The Molecular Bar, the Martini Bar, Michael's Club and Cellar Masters. At these 4 establishments all or many of the drinks will fall into the premium category only. If you're happy with basic beers, wines and mixed drinks, then enjoy the classic. If your palate is more sophisticated, then the upgrade is needed.

• 3 weeks later...
We got the free beverage package thru Celebrity Silhouette called Wave Promo - Classic Package and I cannot seem to find the menu for this package on their website. Anyone knows?

Try this http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard/tabLanding.do?pagename=onboard_beverage_packages

It has a tab for each package, you want the Classic of course.:D

Try this http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard/tabLanding.do?pagename=onboard_beverage_packages

It has a tab for each package, you want the Classic of course.:D

Just clicked onto this and the page is 'no longer available'. Do you think it is currently being worked on as a result of what is currently being said on these blogs??

Just clicked onto this and the page is 'no longer available'. Do you think it is currently being worked on as a result of what is currently being said on these blogs??

Celebrity's sites have always had a number of problems; this is one of them.

Here's a direct link to what's on the US website for the Classic package. They never went into a lot of detail, which is why people tried to build/find out information other ways.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/beverage/package/selections.do?consumerInterestId=30

To purchase classic costs around $56AUD a day per person. Lot of drinks there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't purchase a package now, as those prices and what is included push it too far out. As a perk on the other hand, I will take it over the gratuities or OBC (for now).:D

It's never been something that's good value, for obvious reasons, the cruise line doesn't want to lose money on it.

I have certainly saved money using the package in the past but I would imagine the convenience is an over riding feature of th epackage and a lot of people wouldn't.:D

I have certainly saved money using the package in the past but I would imagine the convenience is an over riding feature of th epackage and a lot of people wouldn't.:D

You normally spend over ~$50/day/person on drinks?

It is of course possible to do that, but for most not something that's done.

You normally spend over ~$50/day/person on drinks?

It is of course possible to do that, but for most not something that's done.

Easily, 4 bottles of water ($4 each) and three Cafe' Al Baccio coffees ($4-$6 each) comes in at around $34 and that gets me just the non alcoholic drinks.

A drink or two over lunch and several with dinner and a Baileys night cap, easily achieved without getting sloshed.:D