Overview of drink packages

sarafinadh

There have been new lists in May. A lot of things taken off of the Classic Package and no news yet on the Premium package.!

You might want to review the thread concerning the "lists" and get yourself up to date.

There have been new lists in May. A lot of things taken off of the Classic Package and no news yet on the Premium package.!

Celebrity have republished Classic and Premium list after their initial cutbacks in May. Now both list are back where they were apart from some wines.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the link: Neptuno: I went there and figured I'd see what all this was about. Well, there are 250 posts and many of the most recent are folks who reply "Thanks", which may be polite but sure clogs up the thread (and, yes I started this with "thanks" but there's more...

I gave upo after reading back over 25 or 26 odf the posts. It seems that the Drink Pagage lists are evol;ving and change and Celebrity has the right - I guess - to change - if they state up front. But since we have cruises in September and January I'm guessing things will change again and again.

What always surprises me is that Celebrity doesn't make an attempt to post a pdf of the lists on their website in an easy to see place. If they change it, they should date it and say "revised as of (date". But it's not there. Hence everyone discusses it on CC.

I guess when I board, I'll be provided with a list and then choose.

It would be REALLY helpful if periodically someone who knows where to find the CURRENT list (not a discussion - the link to the two drink lists) would post it here.

Okay off to do non-cruise chores :rolleyes:

Steve

Thanks for the link: Neptuno: I went there and figured I'd see what all this was about. Well, there are 250 posts and many of the most recent are folks who reply "Thanks", which may be polite but sure clogs up the thread (and, yes I started this with "thanks" but there's more...

I gave upo after reading back over 25 or 26 odf the posts. It seems that the Drink Pagage lists are evol;ving and change and Celebrity has the right - I guess - to change - if they state up front. But since we have cruises in September and January I'm guessing things will change again and again.

What always surprises me is that Celebrity doesn't make an attempt to post a pdf of the lists on their website in an easy to see place. If they change it, they should date it and say "revised as of (date". But it's not there. Hence everyone discusses it on CC.

I guess when I board, I'll be provided with a list and then choose.

It would be REALLY helpful if periodically someone who knows where to find the CURRENT list (not a discussion - the link to the two drink lists) would post it here.

Okay off to do non-cruise chores :rolleyes:

Steve

Just order your fav drink and if you have the Premium Pkg they will use Premium liquor in it rather than the house stuff. I don't see the need for a list to be posted

Does anyone know if classic package would suffice for many Gastropub drinks?

We're still weighing whether to get one or two premium package upgrades....DH is definitely doing so for martinis...I'm not sure what to do yet.

Tx

Does anyone know if classic package would suffice for many Gastropub drinks?

We're still weighing whether to get one or two premium package upgrades....DH is definitely doing so for martinis...I'm not sure what to do yet.

Tx

There was a Gastrobar menu posted recently and only ONE beer would qualify for the Classic limit. Seems like Celeb wishes everyone to upgrade to

Premium.http://media.celebritycruises.com/celebrity/content/en_US/pdf/gastrobar-menu.pdf

Edited by neptuno

There was a Gastrobar menu posted recently and only ONE beer would qualify for the Classic limit. Seems like Celeb wishes everyone to upgrade to

Premium.http://media.celebritycruises.com/celebrity/content/en_US/pdf/gastrobar-menu.pdf

Im wondering if the Gastropub will operate like the Cellar Masters it replaced. Whilst Cellar Masters had its own menu, they would get you any drink you wanted by going across to the Martini Bar.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That was how it was last year in Nov when we were on the Refloection and the Craft beer selection was still in Michaels. I had to upgrade to 'not' pay full price, and there were 6-7, I tried, that came with an additional charge.

Sorry old Bud and such are in the Classic, but the foo-foo brews are not.

Edited by wallie5446

Mixers and soft drinks with the classic package? I have not seen a listing for the soft drinks and mixers? So if order a G'n'T will I get one?

Beverage Package Selections

Celebrity Cruises proudly partners with following brands to offer you, our guests, greater pleasure and value. Package selections include, but are not limited to the following brands:

Coke, Diet Coke, Fanta Orange, Coke Zero, Sprite, Diet Sprite, Barqs, Bottled Water, Coffee, Tea, Cranberry, Pineapple, Tomato, Apple, Grapefruit, Coors Light, Heineken, Heineken Light, Franziskaner, Leffe, O'Doul's Non-Alcoholic, Dewars White Label, J & B, Cutty Sark, Canadian Club, Seagram's VO, Seagram's 7, Jim Beam, Metaxa 5 Star Classic, Beefeaters, Absolut, Smirnoff, Stolichnaya, Bacardi, Malibu, Captain Morgan Original Spiced, Gosling's Black Seal, Jose Cuervo, Cazadores Blanco, Milagro Silver, Disaronno Amaretto, Frangelico, Drambuie, Kahlua, Campari.

That was how it was last year in Nov........Sorry old Bud and such are in the Classic, but the foo-foo brews are not.

The 123GO promo is just another upsell tactic. Very little quality in the Classic. Paid an extra $405 for two Classics, now another $161 to upgrade to premium, not sure $566 extra for drinks is worth it for us, except that the traditional bottle of wine at dinner in the MDR will be at least $40x seven days.

Beverage Package Selections

Celebrity Cruises proudly partners with following brands to offer you, our guests, greater pleasure and value. Package selections include, but are not limited to the following brands:

Coke, Diet Coke, Fanta Orange, Coke Zero, Sprite, Diet Sprite, Barqs, Bottled Water, Coffee, Tea, Cranberry, Pineapple, Tomato, Apple, Grapefruit, Coors Light, Heineken, Heineken Light, Franziskaner, Leffe, O'Doul's Non-Alcoholic, Dewars White Label, J & B, Cutty Sark, Canadian Club, Seagram's VO, Seagram's 7, Jim Beam, Metaxa 5 Star Classic, Beefeaters, Absolut, Smirnoff, Stolichnaya, Bacardi, Malibu, Captain Morgan Original Spiced, Gosling's Black Seal, Jose Cuervo, Cazadores Blanco, Milagro Silver, Disaronno Amaretto, Frangelico, Drambuie, Kahlua, Campari.

Wallie: Any chance you can provide the RRL where the above info is posted by Celebrity. Actually, as I said a few posts back, it would be really helpful if folks would post the URLs for the details of the packages. I even googled it and couldn't find it. Thanks in advance. I'd like to just book mark it and be able to go back closer to our trip.

Thanks

Steve

The 123GO promo is just another upsell tactic. Very little quality in the Classic. Paid an extra $405 for two Classics, now another $161 to upgrade to premium, not sure $566 extra for drinks is worth it for us, except that the traditional bottle of wine at dinner in the MDR will be at least $40x seven days.

Would love to know how you got 2 classic beverage packages for 405.00. That works out to 29.00 each daily---it is 49.00 on Celebrity web site.

Would love to know how you got 2 classic beverage packages for 405.00. That works out to 29.00 each daily---it is 49.00 on Celebrity web site.

I would assume their cruise price went up by $405 for the two of them when they added the drink package to their booking

Wallie: Any chance you can provide the RRL where the above info is posted by Celebrity. Actually, as I said a few posts back, it would be really helpful if folks would post the URLs for the details of the packages. I even googled it and couldn't find it. Thanks in advance. I'd like to just book mark it and be able to go back closer to our trip.

Thanks

Steve

Steve, it is from the Celebrity web site,

http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard-celebrity/onboard-beverage-packages?pagename=onboard_beverage_packages_overview&tab=onboard_beverage_packages_premium_classic_tab%2Fonboard%2FasrPanel%3Fpagename%3Donboard_beverage_packages_premium_classic

http://www.celebritycruises.com/beverage/package/selections?consumerInterestId=30

http://www.celebritycruises.com/beverage/package/selections?consumerInterestId=31

Here are a few of the links, hope one is what you are looking for.

Edited by wallie5446

Upsell? Not for us. Our next cruise was up $610 pp with no perk over what we paid with a perk. Now it is up $810 pp with the 123 back.

We have friends that have been purchasing the packages for a number of years, they are nothing new. The pkg makes it cost effective to order 3 glasses of wine which would cost $12-14 ea than buying a bottle @ $50-60 and only getting 2 glasses each. And yes, there is a lot more to what the total pkg encompasses than just booze.

Here is my "RUFF" run down of a day with a drink pkg on another thread

For us at least, the package was not just about drinks that would make us not remember the cruise! It was everything else that the pkg includes.

A speciality coffee each on the balcony while the wifester is putting on her face, $5 ea.

Evian or San Pellegrino with fresh squeezed juice with that second coffee at breakfast, $15 ea.

Grab a bottle water on the way to stake out a deck chair, $4 ea.

$24 each before any mind altering liquid is consumed.

A beer or the drink of the day by the pool, $6 ea

Then off to lunch, maybe a soda, or another San Pellegrino $5 ea

The sun is hot hot hot! A cold beer or drink of the day is in order, $6 ea

The burger at the Mast Grill is calling our names, it does not go down with out some liquid assistance, $5 ea, then it is time to meet friends to watch the sun set from the Sunset Bar, $6 ea. Afternoon total $28.

And the evening fun has yet to begin.

San Pellegrino and a couple of glasses of wine with dinner, and another speciality coffee with desert, $26 ea

Now it is time for some mind altering sampling to happen, or not A cocktail with friends at one of the watering holes on ship $7 ea, or 2 if we are letting our hair down!

One more bottle water on the way back to the cabin just in case we get thirsty during the night, $4. Evening total, $44.

Morning, $24, day, $28, evening $44, total $96.00 each useing the low end of the cost scale and not much mind altering substance.

Some evening's we will grab another coffee ( or worse) and go and sit on deck 5 to unwind, listen to the swoosh of the waves gently breaking down the side of the ship before heading to the cabin.

Depends on how you make use of the package.

I won't copy the list of drinks (water,Wine,coffee, more water, drinks of day, more water, more wine, etc. - because of space

Loved you RUFF est - the way I feel. We've neve bought a Bev. Packages as we don't drink that much but at roughtly 12/day Pp - since we had the 123 Go option and ppd gratuities are $12/day - AND - with the 123 GO otion there is no 15% service charge - we grabbed it.

But I had to reply to your post by saying: "It's a good thing that - with all those liquids - it's a good thing that there is so charge for the rest rooms yet:cool: - at least Celebrity hasn't considered pay toilets yet:D)

And thanks for the link with brands included. We'll be very happy with classic package - plenty to choose from there. And for those who like the high priced wines, you can always bring on two bottles (per cabin) for SPECIAL nights - in your room! :)

Steve

We are on the Celebrity Equinox - "Ultimate Caribbean" - 11/10/14

just a few weeks before you. This will be our sailing to reach Elite.

I would think you are Diamond with RCCL, at least Emerald? Make sure and call C&A and/or Capt Club and get set up with Celebrity for your cross line benefits.

Ya'll are going to love the S-Class ships!

Edited by wallie5446

We are on the Celebrity Equinox - "Ultimate Caribbean" - 11/10/14

just a few weeks before you. This will be our sailing to reach Elite.

I would think you are Diamond with RCCL, at least Emerald? Make sure and call C&A and/or Capt Club and get set up with Celebrity for your cross line benefits.

Ya'll are going to love the S-Class ships!

I'm looking forward to that cruise too! Still trying to plan shore excursions all Caribbean ports new to us. - We do New England Canada on the Summit First. Our first Celebrity. Yes, we are Emerald on RCI and so got upgraded by one class on both cruises. We are now registered with Captain's Club. I'm not sure what other benefits we'll get on Celebrity at that level other than higher class coupon book (but we have Drink Pkg so the BOGO wine or specialty coffee that we usually get won't help much.:(

Steve

Yes, we are excited to be on Celebrity

I would assume their cruise price went up by $405 for the two of them when they added the drink package to their booking

Yes, that is correct. The promo was not available with the lowest published fare, so we paid the retail booking to get the promo, $405 more. It was the $40 per bottle of wine that made the decision easy, but now that the by the glass wines have increased we will have to pay an extra $161 for the premium upgrade. Normally we would not spend $566 on drinks. We were spoiled by MSC who offers seven bottles of dinner wine for $85.

We are taking our first cruise on the Reflection in way. We are actually doing a wine cruise (part of a group from a big box warehouse). Our package comes with the classic beverage package. We are thinking of using some of our OBC to upgrade to the premium package. We are also staying in Aqua Class and will be getting free water and afternoon tea.

Here are things we like to drink:

Bottled water

Rum and Coke

Mojitos

Specialty Coffee (with a shot of Baily's)

Drink of the Day

Do you recommend the premium package for this or would the $220 OBC be better used for a shore excursion.

Any feedback or suggestions are greatly appreciated. I added to this thread not to start another one.

Also, I think someone mentioned something about smoothies? Are they included in a drink package? If so, can anything be delivered to the room?

We are coming from HAL and do not understand the X ways yet.