Overview of drink packages

sarafinadh

I got the beverage package through the 123go promo and upgraded to the premium in advance. What should I look for on my seapass to identify this package?

It will have nothing on the outside, but will be coded into the computer memory when it is scanned by a server or bartender.

Does anyone really know for sure if the gratuities for beverage service go into a pool and are divided equally, or if they go to the individual servers for each drink they ring up?

It's just like the pre-paid going to the waitstaff. We only get served a small percentage of the staff when we dine but all of them share equally.

Drink-wise, that's why I normally tip my favorite poolside server and bartender a bit of cash (no, I'm not one of those that goes nuts and overtips everyone ;)). Essentially, its a few bucks here and a few bucks there. Only, if they take care of us - checking on us instead of the normal, handing me a beer every once in a while.

I got the beverage package through the 123go promo and upgraded to the premium in advance. What should I look for on my seapass to identify this package?

My most recent SeaPass Card (Summit 2013) has the following "visible" info:

Celebrity X Cruises

My Name

Ship & Sailing Date

Pkg Type = PMA (Stands for Premium Alcohol)

Folio Number

A Non-Smoking Symbol - Stateroom Veranda

Select Member (Captain's Club Level)

Then in LARGE BOLD print in the bottom right hand corner the Code for my Muster Station... In this case it was D1

In addition your SeaPass Card is imbedded with your Photo (as taken when you first board the ship) your Account Payment Info, and of course the ability to open your Cabin Door.

When we were on The Solstice in 2012, we did not prepurchase a Drink Pkg so it was added onto our SeaPass Card once aboard... That was done with a Sticker. Unfortunately I don't have that SeaPass Card in front of me right now, so can not confirm what that sticker said, seem to recall it being white & blue tho

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Oops... I should also add that the Colour of the card relates to the Class of Cabin as well.

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

My most recent SeaPass Card (Summit 2013) has the following "visible" info:

Celebrity X Cruises

My Name

Ship & Sailing Date

Pkg Type = PMA (Stands for Premium Alcohol)

Folio Number

A Non-Smoking Symbol - Stateroom Veranda

Select Member (Captain's Club Level)

Then in LARGE BOLD print in the bottom right hand corner the Code for my Muster Station... In this case it was D1

In addition your SeaPass Card is imbedded with your Photo (as taken when you first board the ship) your Account Payment Info, and of course the ability to open your Cabin Door.

When we were on The Solstice in 2012, we did not prepurchase a Drink Pkg so it was added onto our SeaPass Card once aboard... That was done with a Sticker. Unfortunately I don't have that SeaPass Card in front of me right now, so can not confirm what that sticker said, seem to recall it being white & blue tho

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Thank you so much for your detailed reply! Like you said I thought I read somewhere it was marked on the outside.

We sail tomorrow!

Thank you so much for your detailed reply! Like you said I thought I read somewhere it was marked on the outside.

We sail tomorrow!

You are very welcome.

Have a great cruise

Cheers!

Ps... I went back to do a quick edit on my previous reply. Card Colour also relates to the Category of Cabin as well. Concierge is Gold, Aqua is Blue I believe. Not sure about Suites. And I have heard that high ranking Captain's Club Cards also have colour(s)

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

It will have nothing on the outside, but will be coded into the computer memory when it is scanned by a server or bartender.

My card as always been marked on the outside. I think it makes it easier for the servers sometimes. Perhaps it was there and you did not notice it.

Bottom line is that it not really needed because it is all in the computer.

My card as always been marked on the outside. I think it makes it easier for the servers sometimes. Perhaps it was there and you did not notice it.

Bottom line is that it not really needed because it is all in the computer.

Your Sea pass will be printed with a Premium "code". It is a series of letters.

We paid in advance in March, and had no issues. Make sure to take both Sea pass's if you make a drink run for two.

Ya'll are correct, :o and I did not notice since it was in such small print :D

image.jpg.ae809987c2130a1e7d14e2191bc8ddab.jpg

Hi,

Does anyone know how much a non alcoholic classic drinks package is once you are on ship?

We sail in December 2014, is there any chance there will be a sale on between now and then on drinks packages?

Thanks,

Shilu

Hi,

Does anyone know how much a non alcoholic classic drinks package is once you are on ship?

We sail in December 2014, is there any chance there will be a sale on between now and then on drinks packages?

Thanks,

Shilu

The cost is the same no matter when you buy it. We are now waiting till on board so our OBC will cover it.

Hi,

Thanks,

Shilu

$16, and $20, per night per for the Classic, and Premium, NA packages - plus a 15% gratuity service charged added at time of purchase.

• 2 months later...

I was navigating through the celebrity website and came across some information on alcohol brands for classic and premium beverage packages. I had not seen this before but I also wasn't looking for it. It may not be new information but I thought I would post it so that people could be more aware.

https://secure.celebritycruises.com/celebrity/media/celebrity/shared_assets/pdf/Classic-Premium-Bev-Pckgs.pdf

I was navigating through the celebrity website and came across some information on alcohol brands for classic and premium beverage packages. I had not seen this before but I also wasn't looking for it. It may not be new information but I thought I would post it so that people could be more aware.

https://secure.celebritycruises.com/celebrity/media/celebrity/shared_assets/pdf/Classic-Premium-Bev-Pckgs.pdf

Excellent link! Thank you!

I had posted on this thread previously and am happy to report the Premium Alcohol package was excellent and ge made great use of it!

We booked the same cruise again for Oct 2015 and got the Classic package under the 123 promo and will absolutely be upgrading again!!

First Celebrity cruise for us, We have the classic from the123 promo also. We have already decided that DH needs to upgrade, he drinks mostly beer. My only question is if I want to have a martini before dinner, do I need to upgrade also?

We have booked an inside cabin next cruise , so the "free"123 packages do not apply. We Just want our usual ten bottles of wine to drink in the MDR from the " taste of the vineyards" wine package which I normally pre order or buy from a table near reception on boarding day. I cannot now see this package on the Celebrity web site. Can anyone tell me if " taste of the vineyards" is still available? If not can i still buy wine by the bottle in the MDR as and when required ?

First Celebrity cruise for us, We have the classic from the123 promo also. We have already decided that DH needs to upgrade, he drinks mostly beer. My only question is if I want to have a martini before dinner, do I need to upgrade also?

Yiou don't have to upgrade if you want a basic Martini with the gin or vodka in the Classic list. Only if you want the Premium one used. For that you need to pay full freight (plus 15%).The upgrade cost is - I think $10./day (PLUS 15%!). We survived with the classic package in September and will on our cruise on Equinox next week. What surprises me most is that when yiu go to Mexico on cruise, Heineken is included but Dos Equus is only in the Premium. It USED to be.

And they change the drink list periodically so it's always best to ask at Guest RElations for a print out for that cruise. Use the link posted as a guideline. If you booked a cruise for later this year - the list will probabnly change. Yiu can upgrade just before yiu go. It's a BIT pricier to upgrade on Board.

Steve

We have booked an inside cabin next cruise , so the "free"123 packages do not apply. We Just want our usual ten bottles of wine to drink in the MDR from the " taste of the vineyards" wine package which I normally pre order or buy from a table near reception on boarding day. I cannot now see this package on the Celebrity web site. Can anyone tell me if " taste of the vineyards" is still available? If not can i still buy wine by the bottle in the MDR as and when required ?

And remember that you can still bring on TWO bottles per person at the start of your cruise for use in yiur cabin.

Steve

Yiou don't have to upgrade if you want a basic Martini with the gin or vodka in the Classic list. Only if you want the Premium one used. For that you need to pay full freight (plus 15%).The upgrade cost is - I think $10./day (PLUS 15%!). We survived with the classic package in September and will on our cruise on Equinox next week. What surprises me most is that when yiu go to Mexico on cruise, Heineken is included but Dos Equus is only in the Premium. It USED to be.

And they change the drink list periodically so it's always best to ask at Guest RElations for a print out for that cruise. Use the link posted as a guideline. If you booked a cruise for later this year - the list will probabnly change. Yiu can upgrade just before yiu go. It's a BIT pricier to upgrade on Board.

Steve

It's the exact same price ( $10 + 15% = $11.50/day) to upgrade before your cruise as upgrading on board.

music- you could start out the cruise with the Classic package and upgrade at any point until 3 days before the end of the cruise if you feel the need.

Not sure about "taste of the vineyards" but they will be VERY HAPPY to sell you a bottle of wine in the dining room or at a bar.

Honestly I would. A martini is so much better with the better brand liquor.

Plus it gives you the freedom to have what you want when you want it.

There are several factors to consider here before making the decision. Since we here on the forum don't know any/many details about your preferences and finances, I will just offer some ideas to consider:

1. Are you on a long or short cruise? More port days or sea days overall? For short cruises or with more port days than sea days, you could be better off paying as you go if you don't consume many martinis.
  2. Do you have a lot of OBC (on board credit) to spend? If yes, and you don't have other expenses to be covered, this would be a good way to spend some of it to upgrade your overall beverage package experience.
  3. If you have a longer cruise or with more sea days, consider upgrading your package part way through the cruise so you are not spending money for an upgrading package when you are off the ship in port.
  4. Do you drink a lot of bottled water? Specialty Coffee drinks? Higher end wines beyond $13/glass? If yes to any/all of these, then an upgrade to the Premium package makes sense for you.

....Can anyone tell me if " taste of the vineyards" is still available? If not can i still buy wine by the bottle in the MDR as and when required ?

Yes the packages are still available. And you can definitely buy wine by the bottle on board.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard-celebrity/onboard-beverage-packages?pagename=onboard_beverage_packages_overview#onboard_beverage_packages_wine_tab/onboard/asrPanel%3Fpagename=onboard_beverage_packages_wine

... My only question is if I want to have a martini before dinner, do I need to upgrade also?

The martinis on the Martini menu at the Martini bar are all over the classic package limit but would be included in the premium package. These are larger martinis made, for the most part, with premium top shelf liquors.

The martinis served at most other bars on board, as well as in the dining room, are smaller martinis which will be made with non-premium spirits which are included in the classic package (unless a premium brand is requested). The selection might be limited but would include basic vodka or gin martinis, cosmos and apple martins. Some bars on some ships can also do the larger, more expensive, martini bar style martinis on request.

As for the Martini Bar itself: Most postings on these boards relay the experience that the Martini Bar will make the smaller, more basic, martinis for classic package holders. A few postings indicate that the martini bar waiters will also make any of the martinis on their menu in the smaller size for classic package holders while other posts indicate that they will not do this. Some posters have reported that the martini bar waiters will not accept the classic package for any martinis served there although non-martini drinks are included. So your mileage may vary based on the staff and management on your cruise. But you should always be able to get the smaller more basic martinis at most of the other lounges on board (except for the Molecular bar which has a limited menu).

Edited by Lsimon

vulcan1971

There are several factors to consider here before making the decision. Since we here on the forum don't know any/many details about your preferences and finances, I will just offer some ideas to consider:

[*]Are you on a long or short cruise? More port days or sea days overall? For short cruises or with more port days than sea days, you could be better off paying as you go if you don't consume many martinis.

It is an 11 day with 4 sea days

[*]Do you have a lot of OBC (on board credit) to spend? If yes, and you don't have other expenses to be covered, this would be a good way to spend some of it to upgrade your overall beverage package experience.

Yes, I do have some OBC to help offset the cost

[*]If you have a longer cruise or with more sea days, consider upgrading your package part way through the cruise so you are not spending money for an upgrading package when you are off the ship in port.

If you upgrade part way, you just pay for the extra days?

[*]Do you drink a lot of bottled water? Specialty Coffee drinks? Higher end wines beyond $13/glass? If yes to any/all of these, then an upgrade to the Premium package makes sense for you.

I do like coffees, but could easily do without the. I thought the bottled water was included in the pkg I have? I like to try different martini's, lemon drop, Pomegranate etc.

Thanks everyone!

Edited by music