Overview of drink packages

sarafinadh

Why do they give beer bottle (glass) close to the pool? Weird...

I can only guess us beer drinkers are known not to let a drop go anywhere but our waist!:D and would never let a bottle break and waste a drop.

Other than that, I have not a clue.

Anyone know if they serve non-alcoholic beer on Celebrity Summit?

Non-Alcoholic Beers were available on The Solstice when I sailed on her in 2012 (and compiled this original list of Bevvys & Wine Lists* that SARAFINADH has incorporated into this one posting). They were also on The Summit in 2013 (that Cruise they could be found in a larger variety of spots including Michaels which had been converted from a lounge to more of a Sports Bar with an extensive list of Beers from around the world)

I therefore would wager that non-alcoholic beers are available across the cruise line on both S-Class & M-Class Ships now (I recall recently someone posting a Drink Menu Photo showing them as well)

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

* Plan to update the Bevvy & Wine Lists after my December 2014 cruise.

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

• 5 weeks later...
Hi all,

Trying to get through this thread, so I sincerely apologize if this question has been asked before. We will have the Premium package on the an upcoming Summit cruise. First time with the package, second time on Summit. Anyway, I understand that you cannot order two alcoholic beverages at the same time on your card and have it apply to the package, but let's say you are having dinner and you want to have a Pellegrino and also a glass of wine. Another example may be that we go enjoy the martini bar, but like to stay hydrated, so ask for a bottle of Evian with the martini. How do they handle these issues? Do they charge you for the water or do they let it go since it is a different type of beverage?

Thanks,

John

We've had the drink packages (classic and premium a couple of times) and the bartenders are usually only going to be able to give you one drink at a time. So if you want your martini, you'd have to order that, have your card swiped and then a minute or two later ask for the Evian. At dinner, once our bar steward got to know us she would just bring our drinks (frequently multiples) all at once. For example, i always wanted a glass of wine and a bottle of Pellegrino. She brought them out together. And, if I wanted a bellini, she'd bring that too. I didn't have to wait in between or drink my drink first.

we loved having the drink package and it is one of the reasons our last two cruises have been on Celebrity.

Edited by TSC

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, we had lunch on the Summit last week with someone that ordered an O'Douls.

We JUST returned home from the Summit (we only live 90 minutes from Bayonne. Upon Boarding I had them print out the list of what was covered under Classic Bev Pkg. I will scan it and post by tomorrow for others. It changes every few weeks. WE're still glad we chose it for the bottled water and capputinos alone though we did drink wine. There wweree many poor wines - mostlt Calf. ones) on the Classic but I found I could go to a differnt bar and find one I liked and take into dinner.

Because we were on NE/Canada cruise beerwas not as popular as wine. But the Heinekin is now included though Dos Equs is not. And - sorry to say to Nu2li - the O'Douls is priced at $6.50 so it is NOT included in Cassic pkg. (I would have used that if it was included in the pkg.)

X needs to firm up the included items and post them on their website instras of making CC folks share.

Steve

I had to have them print out for me on our Summit cruise that we just returned from. Why they don't put on X's site is beyond me. I'm attaching the two pages. They were currebnt as of Yesterday.

Steve

Hi Steve,

Many thanks for the lists but I am afraid I cannot read theWould you mind sending them to my email address.????? it is brendatrowbridge@hotmail.com

I do hope you dont mind.?

Brenda ...

Here's a clear copy.

1c58dfd9bdc8e7445307efa66d98654e.jpg

That is NOT the current list I'm afraid. I had them print out for me on board on 9/7 (cruise was 9/7-21.

Note on yiur list Corona light is listed. It is not on mine My list also lists all the wines that fall in the Classic Package.

I posted it because the lists I saw before were not current.

And they may still change. They seem to do this weekly.

This list is the official one posted by the Celebrity rep in June. And was current for us in July a few weeks ago.

As I said MINE was printed ON Board and the one they used on the Summitt from 9/7-9/21/14.

Just trying to keep things currebnt. My recommendation is for folks to go to Guest Services and get a CURRENT print out when they Board.

I'm ASSUMING that ALL CElebrity Ships use the same current list. The pdf I just posted should be readable - I tried it.

Steve

Hey Guys...

Let's see if I can bring a bit of clarity to this issue (long time follower of how Celebrity manages their Drink Pkgs)

Lists can and do differ at times on Ships as to what is offered in the Bevvy Pkgs to Pax who on aboard

This is because... Not all Alcohol Inventories are necessarily the same all the time... This depends on... WHERE in the world the ship is - Restocking - Popular Usage / Customer Prefernces (ie US Cruises are going to see more variety of US Beers) - etc **

What is currently official Cruise Line wide is the list of what items Celebrity considers to be on which list... Classic vs Premium

This master list was updated at the end of May 2014, and posted here on the Celebrity Board by CC Member CELEBRITY CRUISES (Official Rep)

Celebrity Cruises Official Bevvy Pkgs = http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2048745

** We assume Celebrity doesn't put the master list on their website for precisely the reason that at times things are going to differ on their various ships

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

Hey Guys...

Let's see if I can bring a bit of clarity to this issue (long time follower of how Celebrity manages their Drink Pkgs)

Lists can and do differ at times on Ships as to what is offered in the Bevvy Pkgs to Pax who on aboard

This is because... Not all Alcohol Inventories are necessarily the same all the time... This depends on... WHERE in the world the ship is - Restocking - Popular Usage / Customer Prefernces (ie US Cruises are going to see more variety of US Beers) - etc **

What is currently official Cruise Line wide is the list of what items Celebrity considers to be on which list... Classic vs Premium

This master list was updated at the end of May 2014, and posted here on the Celebrity Board by CC Member CELEBRITY CRUISES (Official Rep)

Celebrity Cruises Official Bevvy Pkgs = http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2048745

** We assume Celebrity doesn't put the master list on their website for precisely the reason that at times things are going to differ on their various ships

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Thanks for comments John. I was just trying to help. They may have posted the "Master List" in June but know that The list I was given was "official". As for regions - we were in Canada for 10 of our 14 days and Mol;son was priced over $6.00 and not included. Same goes for O'Douls (which is only non-alcohol "beer") which was priced at $6.50 so it was not included ansd cost $6.50 (plus 15%!) if you had classic.

I can only suggest that folks realize that any list out there will PROBABLY not be the one on their ship on their siling date and they should ask for the one on their ship when they board and just learn to live with it.

Anyway, all I can say is that the one I posted was the OFFICIAL one for the Summit for 9/7-9/21 and that Corona Light and Dos Equs was not covered and Heineken was. PLUS you can see the wines we were offerened and check rating on them before you sail. That's all I can contribute now. We sail again January and I'm sure there will be a new list then.:cool:

Steve

Thanks for comments John. I was just trying to help. They may have posted the "Master List" in June but know that The list I was given was "official". As for regions - we were in Canada for 10 of our 14 days and Mol;son was priced over $6.00 and not included. Same goes for O'Douls (which is only non-alcohol "beer") which was priced at $6.50 so it was not included ansd cost $6.50 (plus 15%!) if you had classic.

I can only suggest that folks realize that any list out there will PROBABLY not be the one on their ship on their siling date and they should ask for the one on their ship when they board and just learn to live with it.

Anyway, all I can say is that the one I posted was the OFFICIAL one for the Summit for 9/7-9/21 and that Corona Light and Dos Equs was not covered and Heineken was. PLUS you can see the wines we were offerened and check rating on them before you sail. That's all I can contribute now. We sail again January and I'm sure there will be a new list then.:cool:

Steve

Not surprised on the cost of Molson's... Although I guess you were.

You have to remember this was a US based cruise out of NJ... So stocking was done in the USA and not Canada (hence Molson's would be considered an import)

Lol, not that it would make a lot of difference... Alcohol, including Beer is a lot more expensive in Canada no matter where you buy it.

A case of 24 runs around $ 40+ and a Beer in a Bar somewhere around $ 6 when you take into account our Taxes

Cheers!

Lol, not that it would make a lot of difference... Alcohol, including Beer is a lot more expensive in Canada no matter where you buy it.

Cheers!

Not to belabor the point was I was more surprised to find out that O'Douls (non-alcohol) was excluded by raising price to $6.50 - 50 cents over limit. It was the post here yesterday about O'Doul's that encouraged me to scan the list I got.

Steve

I was happy with my list from the celebrity rep. I consider it official.
I feel sorry for those that like to drink Jack Daniels that were on the Summit and were expecting it to be covered under the Classic program.

Personally, I think the extra 11.50 per day to upgrade to Premium eliminates the need to worry since then 90% of the drinks are covered and you can enjoy the drinks at the Martini and Molecular Bars. And if you do not drink high end scotches, cognacs, wines and a few beers, then close to 100% of your options are covered.

I agree about the upgrade. Very much worth it. The crew joked it was the Gold card.

If a drink wasn't covered and was on this list then I'd be contacting guest services. And commenting on Facebook. Celebrity do respond as they did to me back in May.

Just to clarify, the classic package does or does not include Cafe al Bacio? I swear I read somewhere that it was included and now I can't find it on their website. If it is, is there a price limit or does it cover all of the drinks there? Thanks in advance...there's a lot of reading here :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just to clarify, the classic package does or does not include Cafe al Bacio? I swear I read somewhere that it was included and now I can't find it on their website. If it is, is there a price limit or does it cover all of the drinks there? Thanks in advance...there's a lot of reading here :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The classic package covers most, and perhaps all, of the drinks at Café al Bacio. There has been some confusion and inconsistency in the past as to whether it covers some of the more elaborate coffees but it clearly covers all of the standard espresso based coffees and teas.

Here is a link to a post I made a little over a year ago after investigating this on two cruises: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=39322013#post39322013