Overview of drink packages

sarafinadh

... Also, will a concierge class cabin provide spring water and not re

The water provided in a Concierge Class cabin is the plain old tap water available in any other cabin or dining area on the ship. Even if you have a beverage package in-cabin bottled water purchases are not covered as the beverage packages do not include room service or mini-bar. If you want bottled water in your cabin you can ask your cabin staff to stock it for you but you'll be charged for each bottle. If you have a beverage package then you can always bring some unopened bottles back to the cabin yourself. On our last cruise we made it a point to maintain a supply of 2 or 3 bottles in our cabin and would stop by a bar or the coffee café to bring a bottle or two back as needed to maintain the supply.

As for the tap water. It is usually sea water which has been desalinated and purified on board. They use both reverse osmosis and distillation to desalinate water for drinking and cooking on the ship. But will also occasionally bring on potable water at port if they need to supplement the on board processing for any reason.

Most people find the tap water to be just fine. A few dislike the taste and a few find that the above average sodium content makes their hands and feet swell a bit. We're in that later class so we drink mostly bottled water on board. But if it doesn't bother you then the tap water should be fine.

Edited by Lsimon

Would anyone know what the "plain bottled water" will be on the Century Panama Canal cruise? I need to know if it is purified water or spring water. Would spring water require a package and, if so, which one? Also, will a concierge class cabin provide spring water and not re

Aqua class cabins get plain bottled water included.

Some stewards will only give you 2 per day, some will replenish as much as you need/want.

The brands vary, even on the same cruise. We've had 3 different brands on one cruise. Since we would be fine with the tap water I've never noticed whether it's purified or spring.

(What i DO like is having the water in the frig so we can take a cold bottle on excursions)

Edited by chamima

Dh drinks Barcardi and ginger ale. We have the classic package and I don't see barcardi listed.

On the list, is there a similar rum to Barcardi?

:confused:

Beverage Package Selections

Celebrity Cruises proudly partners with following brands to offer you, our guests, greater pleasure and value. Package selections include, but are not limited to the following brands:

Coke, Diet Coke, Fanta Orange, Coke Zero, Sprite, Diet Sprite, Barqs, Aqualina, Coffee, Tea, Cranberry, Pineapple, Tomato, Apple, Grapefruit, Coors Light, Becks, Heineken, Amstel Light, Corona, Heineken Light, Franziskaner, Dos Equis, Red Stripe, Samuel Adams, Leffe, O'Doul's Non-Alcoholic, Johnny Walker Red, Dewars White Label, J & B, Cutty Sark, Canadian Club, Seagram's VO, Seagram's 7, Jameson, Jim Beam, Jack Daniel's Courvoisier VS, Carlos 1, Metaxa 5 Star Classic, Hennessy VS, Beefeaters, Tanqueray, Absolut, Smirnoff, Stolichnaya, Three Olives, Bacardi, Malibu, Captain Morgan Original Spiced, Jose Cuervo, Disaronno Amaretto, Bailey's Irish Cream, Frangelico, Drambuie, Sambuca, Kahlua, Bolini, St. Francis, J & H Selbach, Southern Right, Paul Jaboulet, Jean Luc Colombo, Beringer, Heron's Nest, Tenuta de Nozzole, Rutherford Ranch, Marques de la Concordia.

Celebrity Cruises proudly partners with following brands to offer you, our guests, greater pleasure and value. Package selections include, but are not limited to the following brands:

Coke, Diet Coke, Fanta Orange, Coke Zero, Sprite, Diet Sprite, Barqs, Aqualina, Coffee, Tea, Cranberry, Pineapple, Tomato, Apple, Grapefruit, Coors Light, Becks, Heineken, Amstel Light, Corona, Heineken Light, Franziskaner, Dos Equis, Red Stripe, Samuel Adams, Leffe, O'Doul's Non-Alcoholic, Johnny Walker Red, Dewars White Label, J & B, Cutty Sark, Canadian Club, Seagram's VO, Seagram's 7, Jameson, Jim Beam, Jack Daniel's Courvoisier VS, Carlos 1, Metaxa 5 Star Classic, Hennessy VS, Beefeaters, Tanqueray, Absolut, Smirnoff, Stolichnaya, Three Olives, Bacardi, Malibu, Captain Morgan Original Spiced, Jose Cuervo, Disaronno Amaretto, Bailey's Irish Cream, Frangelico, Drambuie, Sambuca, Kahlua, Bolini, St. Francis, J & H Selbach, Southern Right, Paul Jaboulet, Jean Luc Colombo, Beringer, Heron's Nest, Tenuta de Nozzole, Rutherford Ranch, Marques de la Concordia.

Oooops, guess I missed it. thank you

Does anyone know if Jack Daniels is part of the Classic drinks package on Equinox?

Also are there many cocktails under the Classic?

THank you in advance

Certainly Cocktail of the Day. I had it a number of times on Infinity TA.

Oops, I think I may have been using my Elite vouchers, but the drinks you could have with those were the same as the Classic package.:eek:

The plain bottled water will vary from cruise to cruise. It is whatever cheap generic stuff is available at the port in which the ship is getting it's supplies. The waters available are either generic, Evian or San Pellegrino, with the latter two requiring premium package status.

I was supplied with bottles of the above 2 named water at times on our TA cruise, simply because the particular bar that I had visited had run out of the cheaper option, which was included on the Classic package( of course no way to replenish mid- Atlantic:cool:)

We worked out that we saved $150 over the cruise by getting 2 bottles of water per day on our 14 night cruise.:D that would have been the cost that we would have paid if we had ordered it from the room steward, as it counts then as ' mini-bar.

Edited by upwarduk

Does anyone know if Jack Daniels is part of the Classic drinks package on Equinox?

Also are there many cocktails under the Classic?

THank you in advance

Jack is part of the classic package on every Celebrity ship.

Most basic and common cocktails you can think of are covered under the Classic. The main difference between cocktails under the Classic and Premium packages is the spirits used rather than the drink itself. You can get almost any cocktail under the classic package with two notable exceptions which I'll discuss below. But they will be made with the spirits available under the classic package which includes lots of nice call brands including Jack. With the premium package you have access to top shelf spirits for the cocktails. For example if you order a vodka drink you can get Absolute and several other vodkas with the classic package but with the premium package you can get Grey Goose and other top shelf brands. Order a gin drink and with the classic you can request Beefeater or Tanqueray while with the premium you can request gins such as Sapphire, Tanqueray 10 or Hendricks.

If you look at the Celebrity package descriptions on this link: click here

You'll see that a word in the first paragraph of each package description is underlined - that is a link that will take you to a representative list of the soft drinks, spirits and beers included in that package.

There are two exceptions to cocktails available under the classic package: The cocktails served at the Molecular Bar are special cocktails which are all over the $8 classic package limit. And the large premium martinis at the Martini Bar are also over the classic package limit. However, you can get smaller martinis made with the spirits available under the classic package at other bars and sometimes, but not always, the martini bar waiters will make these for you as well.

Jack is part of the classic package on every Celebrity ship.

Most basic and common cocktails you can think of are covered under the Classic. The main difference between cocktails under the Classic and Premium packages is the spirits used rather than the drink itself. You can get almost any cocktail under the classic package with two notable exceptions which I'll discuss below. But they will be made with the spirits available under the classic package which includes lots of nice call brands including Jack. With the premium package you have access to top shelf spirits for the cocktails. For example if you order a vodka drink you can get Absolute and several other vodkas with the classic package but with the premium package you can get Grey Goose and other top shelf brands. Order a gin drink and with the classic you can request Beefeater or Tanqueray while with the premium you can request gins such as Sapphire, Tanqueray 10 or Hendricks.

If you look at the Celebrity package descriptions on this link: click here

You'll see that a word in the first paragraph of each package description is underlined - that is a link that will take you to a representative list of the soft drinks, spirits and beers included in that package.

There are two exceptions to cocktails available under the classic package: The cocktails served at the Molecular Bar are special cocktails which are all over the $8 classic package limit. And the large premium martinis at the Martini Bar are also over the classic package limit. However, you can get smaller martinis made with the spirits available under the classic package at other bars and sometimes, but not always, the martini bar waiters will make these for you as well.

This makes me very happy as usually when I go on holiday Jack Daniels is always classed as a premium drink.

Glad cocktails are included, as thought that most would go over the $8 price (the juices used disguise the use of cheaper spirit brands anyway)

No Budweiser in the classic package??

That's fantastic as have searched everywhere for a drinks menu.

There is more than I thought under the Classic package so again I am very happy.

Thank you so much for sharing.

Forgot to credit MVPinBoynton the original poster to whom the thanks are due. But, you're welcome!

That's fantastic as have searched everywhere for a drinks menu.

There is more than I thought under the Classic package so again I am very happy.

Thank you so much for sharing.

And the Premium package contains more than is on the list, such as Pravda vodka...

We are getting closer to a 14 day out of Fort Lauderdale. My wife is considering one of the premium drink packages. I am not a huge drinker and probably will get the soft drink package as usual. So, here is my question, lets say at Day 11, I decide I want to purchase the premium package and enjoy the last few sea days with some additional drink options. Understand that they prorate the cost of the premium drink package for the remaining days, but was wondering, do they also give you credit for the existing soda package that I previously paid for since the premium package includes the soda. I know it is not a whole lot of money, but was just curious. Thanks.

John

We are getting closer to a 14 day out of Fort Lauderdale. My wife is considering one of the premium drink packages. I am not a huge drinker and probably will get the soft drink package as usual. So, here is my question, lets say at Day 11, I decide I want to purchase the premium package and enjoy the last few sea days with some additional drink options. Understand that they prorate the cost of the premium drink package for the remaining days, but was wondering, do they also give you credit for the existing soda package that I previously paid for since the premium package includes the soda. I know it is not a whole lot of money, but was just curious. Thanks.

John

I would think you would just pay the difference between the soda package and the premium package for those last 3-4 days. Similar to upgrading from the Classic beverage to the Premium beverage -- just pay the additional $$$ per day.

• 1 month later...

John

Also, I don't know if it was just our cruise, but the last 3 days or so of our cruise on the Eclipse this last February they were running out of ALL premium vodkas (and one bar had no unflavored vodka at all). They ran out of other assorted liquors as well.