Cupcake Decorating. $22. for 30 minute class. Really?

cruise pup

I tild my kids about this little cupcake option, assuming that it was free. (I know... nothing is free anymore). Now I am looking at $66 for 3 cupcakes. Yeah, memories and all... but we DO decorate cupcakes at home. I can decorate 2 dozen for $2 at home. Better be one heck of a good cupcake!

And if someone did, it wouldn't be any of your business would it? There is always some great entertaining reading at lunch time on this board.

Yep, there sure is! Especially comments like this one ^ :rolleyes:

OP, cupcake decorating really isn't my thing, but what the hey? Give it a whirl so you can say you've done it!

Edited by av8tr21

I have been on the Allure three times and the Oasis once but have never signed up for this class. However, I am treating my mom to a cruise on the Freedom for her 60th Birthday in May and I think I am going to sign us up! She said she wants to do everything she has never done on the ship like ice skate, rock climb, etc. (She did try the flowrider on our first Freedom cruise several years ago) I haven't told her that I am signing us up, think I will surprise her with it. I am sure that regardless of the price, we will have a great time laughing and making the most of it! Great memories I am sure!

Debra

well that sounds kind of sucky but I blown money on dumber things.

But still, I am going to make one of those charm city cakes styled cupcakes, throw away $!!!! @ roulette, drink top shelf, get about 3 spa treatments, play bingo, and buy stupid stuff @ every port.

Isnt this what its all about???

I think my first post implied that I am not going to participate so there was really no need to tell me not to do it if I don't want to.

It looked like you were wanting to be talked in to it. Otherwise, why start this thread? :confused:

Edited by Cruzaholic41

But still, I am going to make one of those charm city cakes styled cupcakes, throw away $!!!! @ roulette, drink top shelf, get about 3 spa treatments, play bingo, and buy stupid stuff @ every port.

It's only throwing it away when you lose. :p

...oh wait, that's most of the time.

I agree though, we've been saving up for a very long time to do almost everything you've listed on our cruise.

You got that right. Could never understand why someone would start a thread just to whine about something they 'weren't' planning to do anyway. Bad service is a complaint but something extra you refuse to pay for is just plain whining.

Pretty soon they are going to do a "Crew for the Day" class.

You pay $99 and get to go around sweep & wash the decks, vacuum, empty ashtays, polish the brass, glass, fold towels, paint the rust spots, ect.

And some of you people would line up to do it....

LOL I have pics of my daughter being silly on a Disney cruise. She is vaccuming and pushing the cleaning cart. :D

You got that right. Could never understand why someone would start a thread just to whine about something they 'weren't' planning to do anyway. Bad service is a complaint but something extra you refuse to pay for is just plain whining.

What I don't understand is a person whose only contribution to a thread is to do nothing more than ridicule a poster. Shows what a kind soul this person must be.

And this is not about whining. I did have an interest in joining a class but the price seemed outrageous and this thread is a good way to let RCCL know that.

The cupcake class was the only thing on The Oasis that I can truthfully say was a "Huge waste of money, time and calories".

We were making Christmas trees last Dec. The Buttercream icing was melting, as we were applying it to the cupcakes.

The cupcakes themselves were not really all that good and then we had an entire squeeze tube of icing all over them.

You feel obligated to eat part of that $22. cupcake.

Wasted calories that I would have enjoyed almost anywhere else.....

Another problem was, what do you do with it after it's completed?

Bring it back to the room, or try to find a garbage pail somewhere.

Save your $22. for a few nice drinks.

Going to the class to learn to decorate cupcake, nope not for me. Eating cupcake - can't wait to try them out.

Those that want to learn to decorate - good for you and hope you have loads of fun.

I will spend the money to sample a cupcake and if they are good, will spend the money to sample more than once.

To each their own. Whatever.

What I don't understand is a person whose only contribution to a thread is to do nothing more than ridicule a poster. Shows what a kind soul this person must be.

And this is not about whining. I did have an interest in joining a class but the price seemed outrageous and this thread is a good way to let RCCL know that.

I guess one good whine deserves another. Thanks for furthering the whining continuum. At least I wasn't judgmental enough to question their soul. Oh and by the way, the poster was obviously ridiculing an amenity them some apparently enjoy. There's as little defense for that as questioning someone's soul.

oh Wow ... yep I would do the cupcake class in a minute! hope it is available on Freedom.... this sounds like fun... We have spend way more on photos that are just in a drawer "somewhere" then 22 dollars... your on vacation have fun!... and thats what the price of maybe two foo foo drinks are... hum... or how many pulls on a slot machine that you know you are probably not gonna win at ...

I guess one good whine deserves another. Thanks for furthering the whining continuum. At least I wasn't judgmental enough to question their soul. Oh and by the way, the poster was obviously ridiculing an amenity them some apparently enjoy. There's as little defense for that as questioning someone's soul.

For someone who accuses people of whining you sure do plenty of it yourself. But thanks for supplying some amusement on this thread. By the way, a gentle soul has nothing to do with a person's soul. There's a higher authority for judging that. It just means a kind person. But it's completely understandable that you wouldn't know what a kind person is.

Edited by cruise pup

Wait, you jump all over people for saying don't do it and responded by saying this:

I think my first post implied that I am not going to participate so there was really no need to tell me not to do it if I don't want to.

Now you say this:

I did have an interest in joining a class but the price seemed outrageous and this thread is a good way to let RCCL know that.

So which is it? Were you considering it or not? No wonder people are confused. You're talking in circles and your rage doesn't help.

It's a class. You can choose to take it or not. If it's popular-they will keep offering them. If not, it will be done away with.

What I scrath my head at is the cost of a cupcake to buy!!!:eek:

But again, you can choose to buy one or not. I just wish people would stop buying them so they will start having them included in your cruise fare!!:p

Edited by Debde

My DH and I did the hamburger and fries class in January and had a blast. We wanted to do it because we both love cupcakes and thought it would be nice to do this together. Personally, we thought it was worth the money because we have so many great pictures and memories. DH's background is engineering and it was hysterical watching him trying to undo the plastic wrap on the fondount. I think every woman including the instructor was trying to help him at that point. DH loved the class because he was the only man and all the women were giving him our "extra" pieces of cupcakes to munch on.

Would we do it again? Absolutely! DH has already mentioned that he wants to take another class in November.

Wait, you jump all over people for saying don't do it and responded by saying this:

Now you say this:

So which is it? Were you considering it or not? No wonder people are confused. You're talking in circles and your rage doesn't help.

You should talk! It looks like you came on this thread to do nothing more than to pick a fight. Please re-direct YOUR rage on someone else.

Edited by cruise pup