Luggage tags being withdrawn fleetwide

LeeGrant

You have to go into your reservation on the RCI website. On the right side you will see a heading "Cruise Documentation". Click on "Check Status". On the right side you should see a heading "Luggage Tags". Click on the button to order the tags.

thank you Ocean Boy

hi all

the name of the game is for crusie lines to cut costs

now you have to print docs on line

pretty soon we will have to bring our own toliet paper and lite bulbs

they are trying to save $$$

the chocolates are gone depending on the cruise lines some tested awful

hi all

But how did they taste?;):D

Ok, let's bench mark the competition. Does Carnival send tags? How about Princess or Celebrity?
I was actually surprised when cruising on the Mariner that there was no option to print my own luggage tags.

So much easier to print them myself. First set never arrived from RC. Second set arrived after we left for Europe.

Printed the copy they had in documents. Ended up not being an issue.

Cheap...Cheap !!!! For what most of us pay for our cruise..doing away with luggage tags is just one more slap in the face in the guise of cost cutting..What will they do away with next ?
This is exactly the sort of cost cutting I want. I don't understand your comment.

How is this a "slap in the face in the guise of cost cutting" . Cost cutting is exactly what it is. No "guise" about it.:rolleyes:

Start cutting food and entertainment - that would be a problem. Cut costs where you can that make a minimal impact.

Awesome! So the luggage tags I just received in the mail today will very shortly become collector's item. Within a few months people will be offering them for outrageous prices on eBay and two years from now newbie posters will be saying, "What! You mean they actually mailed luggage tags to you?"

Is that recent? We got tags from Princess when we sailed in 2009

Just got back today from a PCL cruise (Mexican Riviera) and we had to print out our own luggage tags :rolleyes:..Cheap..However being an RCI cruiser and used to getting tags in the mail..when I spoke to PCL when booking my cruise..I was told PCL is considering going to pre-printed tags being offered in the future..So sad to hear on this board that RCI has decided to "maybe" go the other way :(..But at least PCL still offered chocolates on the pillow.. although given a choice I would opt for the tags..chocolates were tasteless.

hi all

Not sure I agree. The name of the game is to maintain a high quality cruise experience. I'm sure they're trying to save money but if people start losing their luggage because they're required to use printer paper for tags then how will that work out. By the way, what were the chocolates 'tested' for?;)

There is no way I'll go to the trouble of printing up my own tags and then sealing them with clear packing tape so they don't tear off. I'll just show up at the port without them and have the porters fill out blank ones there.

I agree. I make my own reservations, supply my travel document information on my own, and print out my boarding documents. But I am not going through this nonsense to produce luggage tags.

NOT a RCI pusher, but where did this information come from. I have had complaints about RCI but they have always made right. As stated few messages back I ordered mine for 4-14-12 this past Saturday and got conformation. They may do it later but lets wait and see before we get all upset.

There is no way I'll go to the trouble of printing up my own tags and then sealing them with clear packing tape so they don't tear off. I'll just show up at the port without them and have the porters fill out blank ones there.

And I'll probably be in line "BEHIND YOU" waiting with my luggage tags ready to go!

I thought I posted this email I received from RCCL March 28th, 2012, But here goes again.

Thank you for your email. We apologize for the delay in our response.

We sincerely apologize for any confusion. Royal Caribbean International is not eliminating luggage tags. However, we are beta testing a Paper Bag Tag as part of the guest's eDocs (electronic documents). Guests booked domestically on the Independence of the Seas from March 31, 2012 to November 22, 2012 will receive a Paper Bag Tag as part of their eDocs.

Additionally, we are beta testing the Paper Bag Tag in the following embarkation ports; Amsterdam (The Netherlands), Barcelona (Spain), Bari (Italy), Copenhagen (Denmark), Genoa (Italy), Malaga (Spain), Oslo (Norway), Palma De Mallorca (Spain), Provence (Marseilles and Toulon, France), Rome (Civitavecchia, France), Stockholm (Sweden), Valencia (Spain) and Venice (Italy). Guests embarking from these ports will receive the Paper Bag Tag in their eDocs, but will remain eligible for the Bag Tag Mailer program.

Mr. Schiel, thank you for choosing Royal Caribbean International.

Sincerely,

Richard Warren

Customer Service Representative

We sell a bunch of these in the luggage store where I work:

http://www.coloradobaggage.com/cbc/product.asp?s_id=0&prod_name=Lewis+N%2E+Clark+Cruise+Boarding+Pass+Holder&pf_id=PANAIDIAPAINCEJL&dept_id=12082

Or:

These:

http://www.officeworld.com/Worlds-Biggest-Selection/MMMLS8535G/12Q1/

I have a home laminator and I purchased a box of 500 luggage tag sized laminator envelopes a couple years ago for about $8, they came with the plastic ties, so it was a good deal. It takes a few minutes to cut out the cruise tags, but once done, they are permanent. I laminate them for my travel companions as well, no big deal, it takes me about 3 minutes per tag.

I have not tried the fold and staple method, many have and state they had no problem with it.

Archived