Enchantment of the Seas Delayed at Cruise Maryland

Radio

It will be interesting to find out if everyone gets the same credit since there are price differences in the rooms. We will be happy if it is anywhere in the 3 figure range. That would be at least 2 bottles of wine. We will post ours when we get the info. RCCI seems to be willing to bend over backwards to make people happy and the staff has been taking this well in stride. Most of the passengers have as well. :)

A few years ago we were on the Grandeur and it developed engine problems while we were returning to B'More, delaying our arrival by around 8 hours. Consequently, our voyage up the Chesapeake was entirely in the daytime. Loved it.

Happy Sails to You

OOOEEE Baby :D:D Bob and Phyl

Glad to hear the Enchantment of the Seas has left, sorry you will miss a port, it is better than missing the whole cruise.

I think Peggy has been scared off the board, I thought her post was one due to frustration since it seemed like everything that could go wrong did. I hope she posts again and has a great cruise.

Thank goodness they are getting under way this morning!

And I hope all passengers remember that RCI doesn't HAVE to give them any compensation except port fees for any ports missed. I know they will get something but please be happy with whatever you get and move on while enjoying your cruise. On the bright side you will have all daylight hours sailing down the Bay so put on a coat and get outside to see the sights or go up to the Viking Lounge and enjoy the view.

Wishing all of you a wonderful cruise.

And be gentle with Peggy! She's had a rough time up until now and hopefully with the ship under way she can really experience why we all love to cruise!

I just watched Enchantment pull away, and I am happy that she will be heading to some warm weather. . .I will post a few pics when I get home. . .

Almost "LIVE" from Enchantment. . . .

Radio

;);)

...for some reason this ship does smell like sewage. I think people are also upset because getting on the ship was horrendous. The credit card machine to park was slow, so it took 1.5 hrs for some people just to pay. The attendents had to take one car at a time every 15 min. And then the security lines were long and unorganized. But we are lucky to at least be at port. Just wish it was somewhere warm and sunny.

We are sailing on the 27th. Is there a separate line to pay for parking in cash?

Radio and others onboard,

Thanks for keeping us updated on your cruise and the facts about one of the ship's propulsion motors. I do hope that everyone will be able to enjoy the cruise despite the adjustments.

We will be boarding the Enchantment when you disembark. Has there been any information about when/how the propulsion motor will be repaired/replaced?

I have enjoyed several of your "Live from"... postings in the past and appreciate the effort and time that you put into sharing a cruise with those of us "back in port".

Enjoy!

Sandie

To clarify the changes to the itinerary we will be a day late to Port Canaveral (Tuesday instead of Monday) and will be skipping Key West. I haven't seen the printed itinerary yet so I don't know if there are additional sea days. I'm just glad that we are finally moving.

Enjoy your cruise and hope it is a smooth one. Quite an adventure... the Marine staff are earning their pay!

Thank goodness they are getting under way this morning!

And I hope all passengers remember that RCI doesn't HAVE to give them any compensation except port fees for any ports missed. I know they will get something but please be happy with whatever you get and move on while enjoying your cruise. On the bright side you will have all daylight hours sailing down the Bay so put on a coat and get outside to see the sights or go up to the Viking Lounge and enjoy the view.

Wishing all of you a wonderful cruise.

And be gentle with Peggy! She's had a rough time up until now and hopefully with the ship under way she can really experience why we all love to cruise!

I thought port fees were now included in the fare so they don't have to deal with crediting them when a port is missed?

I'm not surprised. We sailed on her in May and I was very disappointed. We were on deck 3 and there was often a sewage smell. The ship was also not well-maintained and often not up to cleanliness standards that I have come to expect on other lines. We even saw huge cobwebs in light fixtures in the lounge. It became a game for us to spot them. After our experience , we decided to stick with Celebrity even though Baltimore port is much more convenient.

Archived