Enchantment of the Seas Delayed at Cruise Maryland

Radio

I think most of us are so used to Radio ON a ship that some just.. assumed. In fact the first time I saw this thread with his name attached to it I thought for one second .. wow another "LIVE" thread from Radio. I'll just have to wait for the real deal.

Hoping everyone has a wonderful cruise on board the Enchantment.

We ARE spoiled aren't we!! WELL SOME of us only have to wait another 80-some odd days and we will see another LIVE thread for real....;) and there are a BUNCH of us who will be there in person!! heehee:o:p (wonder who??)

is it normal to have 2 tugs following the eos? Or is this part of the trials? noticed it on http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/

I am thinking (do not be alarmed) that it's a combo of precaution and checking things out....just in case something happens. I am trying to remember if we had tugs nearby on EX with the broken prop...i don't REMEMBER seeing them close to us, I'll have to see if I have any photos of that....

Enchantment of the Seas reaches the Chesapeake Bay Bridge after an overnight delay in her departure from Baltimore Feb. 19, 2012

11:10am

baybridge.jpg

how do you get the ais stuff to show up i tried to save it has jpg and could not get it to work. Can you give up your secret how you do it!!! thanks:D

We kept a boat in Annapolis for many years, and the passengers are going to enjoy seeing the scenery on the Chesapeake as they sail during the day, instead of sailiing by everything at night.

I was remembering when the Grandeur hit the pier in Costa Maya and put a gaping hole in the front. We were in New Orleans waiting to board that weekend and the ship never arrived:eek: They had to fix the hole in Mexico and couldn't sail, so those of us who arrived in NO a few days before the cruise were stuck. It took RC a few days to figure out what to do, so they finally gave us the option of a fully refunded cruise, or a reduced 5 day cruise (instead of 8) at a reduced price. At first they weren't offering any accommodations in NO for those waiting, so we took the refund and submitted our bills to the Travel Insurance (a must to have when cruising) and they repaid everything we spent, so it turned out to be a free New Orleans vacation and we had a fabulous time there....Of course it was disappointing not to do the "Mystery Cruise" we had signed up for, but it hasn't kept me from sailing again, and again, and again:D

how do you get the ais stuff to show up i tried to save it has jpg and could not get it to work. Can you give up your secret how you do it!!! thanks:D

I take a screen shot by hitting Control and Print Screen, then Paste to the Paint accessory application. I trim and cut to size, then download it to the Cruise Critic photo albums. Right click to get the picture address and paste that between and.

We are currently stopped just south of the Bay Bridge for a planned test of the motor. I'm sure the tugs accompanied us in case we required assistance to return to port. Hopefully the tests will be successful and we will be resuming our voyage soon.

Fingers crossed...

We passed under the bay bridge a few minutes ago. It is lovely cruising down the bay in daylight. But brrr - it is cold.

Cant wait yo get to warmer weather!

Linda

When I left out of Baltimore Dec 2010 it didn't warm up until we hit Nassau! It was even 47 degrees when we pulled into Key West.

I take a screen shot by hitting Control and Print Screen, then Paste to the Paint accessory application. I trim and cut to size, then download it to the Cruise Critic photo albums. Right click to get the picture address and paste that between and.

Thank you so much for posting this. I have always uploaded my pics to Facebook first then linked from there. After all these years still learning something new... just found the CC photo upload place..... sigh. :o

We are currently stopped just south of the Bay Bridge for a planned test of the motor. I'm sure the tugs accompanied us in case we required assistance to return to port. Hopefully the tests will be successful and we will be resuming our voyage soon.

I was wondering why they were only going 2knots

Archived