Adventure of the Seas - first time

boatclub1

Hello,

I am looking at the Adventure of the Sea's vs the Brilliance of the Seas, out of San Juan.

Anyone been on either of these ships? I know that the Adventure is a larger ship.

We are looking at Jan/Feb 2013 departure to the South Caribbean route, one has St Marrten and the other route has Aruba....so many choices.

But that is the fun of it.

L~NY

Both are going to be great, but I would definitely prefer the Adventure simply because there is so much more to do. The Voyager Class ships are our favorite, perfect size and number of passengers! I wouldn't turn down the Radiance class, but between these two ships, I would rather do Adventure.

I was on the Adventure 2 years ago and did the St. Martin one...It was a BLAST and we LOVED the ship! We leave next weekend on the Adventure again to do the Aruba route and cannot wait. At first we were kind of bummed that we wouldn't get to try a different ship for this cruise but we loved the Adventure and loved her the first time around so we weren't too worried about it. So while I haven't been on the other ships, I can tell ya the Adventure is older but still a GREAT ship!!

Even tho Adventure is larger than Brilliance, the Radiance class ships are still pretty large!

The 3 major differences are....outdoor WJ seating on Brilliance, No Royal Promenade on Brilliance and no uncovered adult Solarium for tanning in a quiet spot on Brilliance. The Solarium is enclosed....that's a negative, for me!

Voyager class is my favorite!

We did the Adventure two summers ago out of San Juan and did the Aruba, St. Thomas sailing. We loved it! We had already been on AOS's sister ship the Mariner. There is so much to do! We've sailed the Grandeur as well and although it was nice, the Voyager Class was better. My vote is for AOS!

Please excuse this off topic post....Princess 5750, have you signed up for the M&M? We have a great group in the rollcalls and I did not recognize your name. We are so excited to see San Juan and AOS. We are thinking of doing the other AOS itinerary instead of The Celebrity Summit...did you love it? We have been on one other RCI cruise, and this line is our favorite!

We are on the AOS in April its our favorite ship , and those are some of favorite stops on that itinerary, may I suggest if any are available and you like those type of cabins the voyager class are famous for there aft cabins great views oversized balconys just a wonderful ship and cruise.

Hello,

I am looking at the Adventure of the Sea's vs the Brilliance of the Seas, out of San Juan.

Anyone been on either of these ships? I know that the Adventure is a larger ship.

We are looking at Jan/Feb 2013 departure to the South Caribbean route, one has St Marrten and the other route has Aruba....so many choices.

L~NY

My wife and I just went through the decision you are going through. We chose the AOS doing the St.Croix to Barbados itinerary on Jan.27th. Each and every island offers exactly what we want...quality beaches. As well, only one sea day. That's what sold it for us. I say you come over and join our roll call. Maybe we will see you a year from now in the Syracuse airport.

Bob & Sue

I just got back from the AOS a few weeks ago. We left San Juan and went to St. Thomas, St. Kitt, Aruba, Curacao and LOVED it! We've only been on Voyager class and love all the entertainment/activities on the boat & the Royal Pramenade. I really liked Aruba and Curacao on this itinerary and the 2 days at sea are great for relaxing & taking in the boat.

You can find my review here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1574777

Hello,

L~NY

We just booked a b2b adventure in feb

Hello,

L~NY

We did the Adventure with Aruba route in Jan 2012. It was wonderful. My only advice is to choose Feb. ( Puerto Rico has a month long celebration and their schools are closed, resulting in many children and locals, which somehow turns embarkation into long lines and wait times. ) Swim with the dolphins in Curacao.

Hello,

L~NY

Vision OTS is also sailing the Southern Caribbean out of Ft. Lauderdale during that time frame.....if you are interested in a really "no frills" ship with a great itinerary and cheaper airfare. :D:):D

We did the Adventure with Aruba route in Jan 2012. It was wonderful. My only advice is to choose Feb. ( Puerto Rico has a month long celebration and their schools are closed, resulting in many children and locals, which somehow turns embarkation into long lines and wait times. ) Swim with the dolphins in Curacao.

i just booked this cruise last week on liberty of the seas.... did you do the dolphin swim through rci?

I would like to put in my vote for the Serenade. I have sailed both ships and prefer the Serenade's pool deck (more intimate), covered solarium (climate controled, no down pours), and especially the Windjammer outdoor space. Also the abundance of windows that really bring in the sunshine and make you feel you are on a ship. I have sailed the Adventure only once (Feb'12) and the Serenade twice (2009 & 2011).

We have been on both ships and there are things to love about both of these ships.

the self leveling billiard table on the Brillance is something to see. However, if you are looking forward to an ice show or the promenade, then the Voyager class is a better fit for you.

I would select based on itinerary...but...we have been on both ships.

i just booked this cruise last week on liberty of the seas.... did you do the dolphin swim through rci?

Actually, RCI only offered a dolphin encounter. I went to The Dolphin Academy website and booked it myself, for much less. This is in Curacao.

All went very well. Worth the money.

Archived