Silhouette February 22 sailing

LunaSeaRetreat

Hi Future Silhouette Cruisers,

I’m reporting in as promised. Everything is wonderful. Everyone is serving themselves and no virus outbreak on the last cruise.

The Captain is Dimitrios Kafetzis

Captain’s club Hostess Donnette Fletcher

Cruise director Lisa Richards

No 2 for 1 specialty dining 20% off first night

Cruise Critic gathering 10:30 am today

Cynthia

I’m reporting in as promised. Everything is wonderful. Everyone is serving themselves and no virus outbreak on the last cruise.

Cynthia

Thank You!

Hope you have a wonderful cruise. Looking forward to hearing all about it upon your return.

Mari:)

Thanks, Cynthia. keep us informed of how it's going. I'd like to know how rough or calm the ride is on the first three days and when it is warm enough to be out on deck in summer clothes.

Just so you know, rough/calm; warm/chilly, varies cruise to cruise. The 1/29 cruise was calmer in both directions, 2/10 was rolling from first sea day to third with the second being the worst (24 ft swells). Weather - 1st sea day was actually warmer than the second. Both were cloudy. 2nd sea day was VERY windy I think the third day was warmer with a little sun.

Coming back the 1st sea day was warm and then it rained mid afternoon. killed the pool time. Second sea day was very windy with a 57 knot gust recorded on the Navigation Channel, the head wind making the trip rough and bumpy and cloudy. The third was calm, cloudy and Chilly too; a welcome change from the previous day. The Solarium Pool area was popular but the pool was unusable due to the choppy seas.

Bottom line; you never know what kind of seas the weather will bring. I brought more long sleeved shirts than I used. Actually, after the first day I never put on another long sleeved shirt but wore a shore-sleeved one and put on a sweater if I got chilly.

Cynthia

Keep up the hygiene, even though I washed and sanitized, washed and sanitized, wiped down the cabin and used my sleeve to punch elevator buttons, etc. I still ended up with gastro symptoms our 5th port day (saturday) and was quarantined for 24 hours. Diarrhea, chills, aches and slept all day. Felt better by the end of Sunday (Qsine dinner).

I came down with this after the one and only time I went into the buffet and served myself which was the same day that I served myself punch and ice cream at the mast grill.

The Captain is hysterical and the crew couldn't be nicer. Please try the Molecular Bar. It's a lot of fun and the drinks are great too. It's outside of the jewelry store on deck 5.

Enjoy your trip!!!!!

Can you let us know if there are any discounts on the specialty dining during the cruise?

Thank you so much and have a great cruise. Keep the porch light on for us, we're next!

Cynthia

Cynthia,

Thank you so very much. When you get back if you can just relay if there were any other special discounts for the Specialty Restaurants. I don't want to go the first night of the cruise. I guess that's why they give you a 20% discount.

Have a great time.

Anne Maria

Cynthia, when you please let us know what day of the cruise the Brunch will be served. You won't find that out I til you look at the newsletter the night before it takes place. my guess is it will be on one of the sea days on the way back.

On our cruise, 2/10-2/22, it was Monday, our second sea day back. We didn't go because we had Qsine the night before and couldn't imagine looking at a buffet of food. :eek:

Cynthia, when you please let us know what day of the cruise the Brunch will be served. You won't find that out I til you look at the newsletter the night before it takes place. my guess is it will be on one of the sea days on the way back.

On our Silhouette cruise last month they did not hype the Brunch in the newsletter and our waiter and Maitre'd did not mention it. We only knew about it from a chance comment a passenger made in the elevator. The brunch was only listed one time in the dining hours on the back of the planner along with the times for pizza and sushi so make sure you check there every day.

Hi,

Everything is still going well. The weather is still great and the seas are calm. The first night and full day out were the only rough days. Seas 12 to 14 foot.. Tomorrow is our last port, St. Thomas.

Our second “formal night” was last night and described as “Evening Attire: Cocktail (formal Optional) in Celebrity Today.

Specialty dining is offered sometimes at 20% off. Always by way of mouth not advertised.

Cynthia

Hi,

Everything is still going well. The weather is still great and the seas are calm. The first night and full day out were the only rough days. Seas 12 to 14 foot.. Tomorrow is our last port, St. Thomas.

Our second “formal night” was last night and described as “Evening Attire: Cocktail (formal Optional) in Celebrity Today.

Specialty dining is offered sometimes at 20% off. Always by way of mouth not advertised.

Cynthia

Love it! We don't sail on her until April 10th, but love to hear good things:D

Can you let us know if there are any discounts on the specialty dining during the cruise?

Thank you so much and have a great cruise. Keep the porch light on for us, we're next!

On our 2/10 sailing, on our way to Blu for supper, we were approached with offers for 25% off of Murano. It was a port day. The next port day we called Murano directly and they offered the 25% off and we booked it. It was a beautiful atmosphere. Quiet with top notch service. I would guess on sea days they may not offer discounts, but that is just a guess.

What does cocktail (formal optional) mean? How did everyone dress? Were men in suits and ladies in fancy dresses, long? Formal optional is a little confusing. Were they dressed in"Smart casual and above" attire? If you could clarify a little that would be great.

Thanks.

On our 2/10 sailing, on our way to Blu for supper, we were approached with offers for 25% off of Murano. It was a port day. The next port day we called Murano directly and they offered the 25% off and we booked it. It was a beautiful atmosphere. Quiet with top notch service. I would guess on sea days they may not offer discounts, but that is just a guess.

Thank you :)

What does cocktail (formal optional) mean? How did everyone dress? Were men in suits and ladies in fancy dresses, long? Formal optional is a little confusing. Were they dressed in"Smart casual and above" attire? If you could clarify a little that would be great.

Thanks.

I think it means the battle for retaining formal nights has been lost!!!

Oh well..I am ready for a change anyhow..after our next cruise--on Silho, DH will retire the tux for cruising!

Thanks to LunaSea..for all the great info

Was the 1st formal night the same day as the Gala Buffet? That would seem like alot of food in one day ! or was it on the first sea day?

also if you know when (or if) they had the evening Choc. Buffett, Island Night , Sizzle, etc...that'd be a big help! thanks

Was the 1st formal night the same day as the Gala Buffet? That would seem like alot of food in one day ! or was it on the first sea day?

also if you know when (or if) they had the evening Choc. Buffett, Island Night , Sizzle, etc...that'd be a big help! thanks

Our Island night was cancelled because a brief rain shower happened around six and soaked the pool deck. The Gala brunch was on the last formal night and only listed in the restaurant times serving section. Not sure about the others.

Cynthia

Archived