Celebrity's New Menu: I'm just the messenger.

C 2 C

Phew! I just read all 14 pages. I think the menus look very good (assuming the menus are for all ships with Celebrity and not just Solstice class?). I am in Blu for my next two cruises (Summit and Silhouette) but will keep an eye out on the MDR.

It would be nice if they separated the rack of lamb and chateaubriand. I guess if I'm in the MDR I could order both! LOL! :eek:

I won't miss the cold soups, nor the baked potatoes.

Overall, I think Celebrity still does a better job than the other cruise lines. Let's just hope it stays that way.

Monica

Hi Monica,

I'm fairly certain that all ships Menus will be updated (not just S-Class). I totally agree that Chateaubriand and Rack of Lamb should be served on different nights. That's a difficult decision to make :)

Hi Monica,

I'm fairly certain that all ships Menus will be updated (not just S-Class). I totally agree that Chateaubriand and Rack of Lamb should be served on different nights. That's a difficult decision to make :)

Just off Millie and asst maitre'd said the menu was the same throughout the fleet. The quality of the cuts of meat has definitely improved from just 6 weeks prior. Chateaubriand and rack of lamb were not served on the same night though. Rack of lamb was on the formal night. Chateaubriand was on our fourth night along with the lamb shank. Loved the new menu.

Hi Monica,

Perhaps the reason they don't do that is to cut cost? Serve both popular dishes on one menu and you might not need to order as much of either for the freezer.

Have the chilled soups disappeared from the spa cafe as well as the dining room? We were on the TA on the Constellation in November and chilled soups were served in the spa cafe on several occasions. Although not a fan of most, I found the cantaloupe ginger soup to be refreshing.

Perhaps the reason they don't do that is to cut cost? Serve both popular dishes on one menu and you might not need to order as much of either for the freezer.

Not likely, as another member just confirmed the 2 items were served on different nights. Glad to hear Celebrity has made this change.

We just booked a last minute guarantee on the Connie. (site is working much better now so we put off our land tour). Can't wait to try 14 nights of the new menu. We have always enjoyed the food on Celebrity as well as the service and you can't beat Connie's itinerary.

Johanne

We just booked a last minute guarantee on the Connie. (site is working much better now so we put off our land tour). Can't wait to try 14 nights of the new menu. We have always enjoyed the food on Celebrity as well as the service and you can't beat Connie's itinerary.

Johanne

Enjoy! Soon you won't be able to do this fabulous itinerary on the Connie.

attached are the new menus with the new font and reduced choice from Solstice, as posted by "CAVOK" on another thread.

This is in my opinion a cost cutting exercise combined with an attempt to lighten the workload on the galley and thus improving overall quality of the remaining choices. Some Celebrity veteran dishes seem to have reappeared, eg. Chateaubriant and lamb shank, which is good.:)

Shame though about the lobster bisque and strawberry soup, which I loved:(

Before making conclusions, I will try all 14 menus on my upcoming Connie cruise on 24/03/12. with an open mind.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=222759&d=1329874696

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=222760&d=1329874696

Having a look at the new menu does not excite me BUT as they say, “it’s all in the detail” QUESTION: How is the food presented? What quality ingredients are being used? How tasty is the end result? How was it served? If this were an upscale restaurant in Toronto my predictions would be there soon would be a “To Let” sign displayed on the restaurant’s facade. :confused:

Just my opinion, but to me the design of the menu feels very casual, as opposed to a culinary dining experience.

Croozer - I agree with you, but I would rather have mundane meals properly prepared with quality ingredients than a gourmet meal that was not done well.

Of course, I would rather have a gourmet meal properly prepared with quality ingredients but with Celebrity's current cruise prices, which are much lower than they use to be, I don't think that is realistic.

The design of the menu is modern but certainly not casual.

The better restaurants nowadays in Europe do not boast bombastic menus anymore but describe their offerings in a clean, lean manner, like the layout of the new Celebrity menus.

The offers still look very enticing, I will give a full report after our 24/03 cruise...

Recently there was a thread complaining that Celebrity had cut corners by dropping COLORADO lamb. Now the new menu has it back, and people are complaining about Celebrity cutting corners.

We're planning our next cruise on Princess to Alaska, and frankly the people on the Princess board seem much happier with their cruise line that the Celebrity "fans."

We had a great time on Summit's post-refurb cruise, but several other reviewers only saw negatives.

What is it about Celebrity "loyalists" that makes them so dis-loyal?

What is it about Celebrity "loyalists" that makes them so dis-loyal?

I don't think criticism is "dis-loyal". We cruise only on Celebrity and praise them to everyone we speak to, but that doesn't mean there isn't room for improvement. The quality of the food is one of the reasons we sail on Celebrity. If we perceive a decline in that food, we want them to know so they can improve things. Comment cards are one way, participating in surveys is another. These boards are one more way to let them know what we feel is important and that we would appreciate greater care being taken.

Archived