Re: Limoncello on Equinox?

Waihekean

I am thinking this is what we had at the martini bar on the Equinnox in a Lemon drop martini...but this was in the caribbean.....not sure how you find out that info for somewhere different. Sorry- can't help with the price either- but head for the martini bar and check it out!!

good luck Brockmom

Limoncello-----Amalfi Coast----Rome---Sorrento__Positano---Amalfi---Ravello

Aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh---------please Lord take me back once again

Btw----- there is a bottle in our freezer at all times ---sweet memories :)

Ahhhhh........I am going to all those places for the very first time

in May:)......I will toast you with a glass of Limoncello;)

Ahhhhh........I am going to all those places for the very first time

in May:)......I will toast you with a glass of Limoncello;)

Lois

Have one for me too, it is heaven on earth:)

We also keep a bottle of Limoncello in our freezer and always end our meal at Tuscan with a shot of Limoncello.

Mari

Anyone know how long it keeps? We bought ours in Sorrento last November - is it still ok to drink?

I think it should be fine as long as its corked. However i did find this article to confirm that. The ETOH and acidity should keep it.

http://www.chineseop.com/beer/I-have-a-bottle-of-limoncello-that-is-almost-4-years-old--Does-limoncello-go-bad.html

I think it should be fine as long as its corked. However i did find this article to confirm that. The ETOH and acidity should keep it.

http://www.chineseop.com/beer/I-have-a-bottle-of-limoncello-that-is-almost-4-years-old--Does-limoncello-go-bad.html

Thanks all. It's still corked so I'll keep it out for a month - bottle is so pretty - but come warmer weather it will get used with the orange juice drink someone else mentioned - yum.

Sorry Mferranti it's all mine....;)

Anyone know how long it keeps? We bought ours in Sorrento last November - is it still ok to drink?

We have had some in the refrigerator for years (Sorry guys, we just don't drink after-dinner drinks very often) and I just took it out. The bottle has to be run under hot water to open, but the contents are still tasty. I think it is 9 years old. Honest. Maybe we will start drinking it in anticipation of our visit to Naples in June. And it is only 12:45 PM but it is always limoncello time.

Everything you just said. :D

I will bet that since UNC lost today that bottle is empty or very badly dented. GTH C GTH Don't worry I'll get you another if you need one------------Happy cruising

I will bet that since UNC lost today that bottle is empty or very badly dented. GTH C GTH Don't worry I'll get you another if you need one------------Happy cruising

That will get a big AHHHHHHH from me and I will have a drink

in celebration:D;):)

Wow, so many responses!

Thank you everyone, especially Jacketwatch for the recipe. Did a bit of research and seems I can not obtain 100% vodka here, but at least I know what is in it exactly and still might try to make it one time.

Looks like there might be a chance that it is available on the ship.

Maybe I should bring a bottle on board in Rome:p;) (or first port Civi) or maybe in Naples was permitted for pax due that it was the last port to visit.

Wow, so many responses!

Thank you everyone, especially Jacketwatch for the recipe. Did a bit of research and seems I can not obtain 100% vodka here, but at least I know what is in it exactly and still might try to make it one time.

Looks like there might be a chance that it is available on the ship.

Maybe I should bring a bottle on board in Rome:p;) (or first port Civi) or maybe in Naples was permitted for pax due that it was the last port to visit.

There is an easy way to increase the proof of vodka. Use a stainless steel bowl and place in the freezer. Once it reaches freezing temp, pour a small amount of vodka and swirl. The frozen residue on the side of the bowl is the non alcohol. You can repeat until you get the alcohol content up to where you want it... Useful application of my college science degree :D

There is an easy way to increase the proof of vodka. Use a stainless steel bowl and place in the freezer. Once it reaches freezing temp, pour a small amount of vodka and swirl. The frozen residue on the side of the bowl is the non alcohol. You can repeat until you get the alcohol content up to where you want it... Useful application of my college science degree :D

We just drink Jack Daniels instead----just a single trip to the ice machine :D

After two ---who cares about 100 proof ?? :)

( except for martinis )------:D

• 2 months later...

Archived