Will we like Celebrity?

sabookkeeper

I can compare pre-refurb Millenium to Grand Princess within the past few months and the Millenium was MUCH better. Just about everything was betteron Millenium including service, entertainment, food, and just general attitude of the officers and crew.Whether there is a real "promenade" or not isn't as important as the rest of it. The Grand was so crowded both outside on deck and inside in the Theater and Lounges during shows -- lines, standing room only, etc. Just did not enjoy this cruise for the 1st time -- & we've been on old & new ships. Just my opinion.

I am sure you will it enjoy the cruise as it is more elegant, quieter, and relaxing.

If you don't appreciate those things then you will be disappointed.

If you smoke you will not be happy as the ship is basically smoke free with very limited smoking areas.

.[/quote

Hmm. More elegant, quieter and relaxing than Princess. Well I'm Platinum with Princess which means I've traveled more than six times with them. Actually, I've cruised about twenty times on various lines since 1980. Sorry, I really haven't kept track.

My husband went on Celebrity for the first time last Nov.to experience a change. Let's just say it wasn't the greatest.

I'll just say that Princess is on par or better than Celebrity. Click on my name and read my review and others.

I have sailed on Princess 11 times. Everyone has a opinion and if credibility is based on how many cruises someone has than many of us would have none compared to others. The last 2 cruises were the only times that were on X and both were S class. We have 3 cruises booked this year and X is our choice for the reasons that I stated.

I gave my opinion and have not bashed or critisized anyone else's. Don't see any purpose of doing that. Just state your own opinion, apparently you can't come up with one so you have to bash others.

We like Celebrity the best overall. Have not been on the S class yet. I have been on Princess ships and find them good but uneven in their product. The Carribean Princess was very crowded . Especially enjoyed the Emerald Princess - a beautiful ship and wonderful personel- Definitely up to celebrity standards.

Having done both.

In my humble opinion I would say the clientèle on celebrity are a little more refined than I found on princess.

The only think I miss on Celebrity is a convenience store that has potato chips, chocolate, candy etc. (see what I did there, I spoke American)

Is Celebrity too refined to have a store that sells Doritos?

We actually enjoy the relaxed atmosphere on our Princess cruises but are considering Celebrity for an upcoming Baltics cruise. But if Celebrity clientele is a bit snooty, maybe that one will be done on Azamara or Princess.

We actually enjoy the relaxed atmosphere on our Princess cruises but are considering Celebrity for an upcoming Baltics cruise. But if Celebrity clientele is a bit snooty, maybe that one will be done on Azamara or Princess.

"Refined" does not equate to "snooty". I certainly wouldn't consider Celebrity clientele to be snooty on any of their cruises I have taken. If you enjoy the relaxed atmosphere on Princess, you're in for a treat on Celebrity. Fewer announcements, less crowded, not as noisy. You could say it's more serene.

Our first Celebrity cruise was in December aboard the Silhouette - and it won't be our last. Nice change of pace from Princess. Go for it - you will enjoy it! Recommend Aqua Class ;)

I found more refined service on Princess and HAL actually.

The fellow travelers on the Eclipse were nice, not snooty. They were much older than average Princess folks.

Junk food was readily available poolside.

You can find places to relax on the Eclipse. Forward observation lounge is quiet during the day.

Sliding doors are used to protect hallways from noise coming from the atrium.

Music was playing on the pool deck. Dance floors were full in evenings.

Crowds in front of theatre doors.

Crowds in the buffet.

Even more crowds on the pool deck (too small) on sea days.

Just a few tuxedos during formal nights.

Regular cruise life.

Quiet places are quiet. Noisy plases are noisy.

Nothing "snooty", nothing too "refined" to scare anyone.

Afternoon tea on the Eurodam:

2h6uff7.jpg

This picture of the MDR on the Eurodam illustrates yet another reason why we won't sail on HAL again, their MDRs are congested, very linear and remind me of a cheap banquet hall.

I found more refined service on Princess and HAL actually.

The fellow travelers on the Eclipse were nice, not snooty. They were much older than average Princess folks.

Junk food was readily available poolside.

You can find places to relax on the Eclipse. Forward observation lounge is quiet during the day.

Sliding doors are used to protect hallways from noise coming from the atrium.

Music was playing on the pool deck. Dance floors were full in evenings.

Crowds in front of theatre doors.

Crowds in the buffet.

Even more crowds on the pool deck (too small) on sea days.

Just a few tuxedos during formal nights.

Regular cruise life.

Quiet places are quiet. Noisy plases are noisy.

Nothing "snooty", nothing too "refined" to scare anyone.

Actually, I would have thought that Princess and Celebrity are pretty much attracting the same demographics in passengers. I can be refined, but also enjoy the relaxed atmosphere on Princess and thought Celebrity would be similar. I like the Constellation's Baltics itinerary much more than Princess' itinerary. We'll be on the Allure and I was thinking of booking that one with the future cruise credits while on the RCI ship (Allure is for the kids, but I'm sure it will be fun for us parents too).

Archived