Sea Sickness tablets on princess ships

dingoboy

Hi have cruised before on RC and Celebrity cruises. Both provided sea sickness tablets for free at the medical centre.

Just wondering if princess provide these for free as well.

They were at the guest relations desk when we were on the Grand in 2007:)

Due to legalities, the purser's desk no longer passes out sea-sickness pills. You can get them at the medical center after seeing (and paying) a medical professional. You can buy 100 generic sea sickness pills at Wal Mart for about $5.

I think they also have sea sickness pills at the sundries shops on all the ships. I know they sell the Seabands and ginger there. I have gotten these there before.

I believe they removed these. Since sea sickness and norovirus potentially could have similar symptoms - they want anyone with these symptoms to see the doctor. Last time I sailed, they were removed. Someone came asking for them and they sent them to the medical center.

I think they also have sea sickness pills at the sundries shops on all the ships. I know they sell the Seabands and ginger there. I have gotten these there before.

They had Bonine in the gift shop available for purchase on the Sapphire a couple of weeks ago but there's no reason to pay about $1 per tablet when as 'Ethel5' said you can get the generic meclizine for much cheaper and bring it with you. When necessary it has allowed my wife to enjoy dozens of cruises whenever it gets very rough onboard.

I forgot mine in Sept. on the Sea, and had to buy them in the ships store for $5.00 for 2 pills.

I was told they do NOT give them out at the medical center or the desk.

Expensive mistake. Also, the store doesn't open until AFTER sailaway. Kind of defeats the purpose for me. :)

Pat

Maybe they take them away when the ship is in code red? The ship I was on, I heard the sales person telling the individual they didn't have them in the store and they had to go to the medical center. The ship was in code red at the time.

I was on the Crown earlier this month and a pax was at the Purser's Desk saying she had forgotten to take her patches out of her checked luggage and needed them before they set sail. I believe they charged her $3 or so for two patches (one for her and her travel companion) and told her if she needed anything else, she would have to go to the medical center.

DH and I have used the patches on both of our cruises and they helped tremendously.

I was on the Crown earlier this month and a pax was at the Purser's Desk saying she had forgotten to take her patches out of her checked luggage and needed them before they set sail. I believe they charged her $3 or so for two patches (one for her and her travel companion) and told her if she needed anything else' date=' she would have to go to the medical center.

DH and I have used the patches on both of our cruises and they helped tremendously.[/quote']

The pursers desk had Trans Derm Scop for $3 each and they were dispensing them??? I would hope this is not accurate, they are perscription only in the US, and that is the bargain of bargain price.

I forgot mine in Sept. on the Sea, and had to buy them in the ships store for $5.00 for 2 pills.

I was told they do NOT give them out at the medical center or the desk.

Expensive mistake. Also, the store doesn't open until AFTER sailaway. Kind of defeats the purpose for me. :)

Pat

:eek: It sure is expensive since they sell them for $6 per hundred off the ship.

I was on the Crown earlier this month and a pax was at the Purser's Desk saying she had forgotten to take her patches out of her checked luggage and needed them before they set sail. I believe they charged her $3 or so for two patches (one for her and her travel companion) and told her if she needed anything else' date=' she would have to go to the medical center.

DH and I have used the patches on both of our cruises and they helped tremendously.[/quote']

$3 for 2 patches couldn't be right. That's much to cheap.

Even if they are still available for a price, what they charge for a few pills you can get a whole bottle at Walmart and have enough for dozens of trips. It's been quite a while since I've seen any ship give out free pills in really bad weather.

Sadly that's why I'm asking because Bonine is not sold in Australia. Hence why I was asking if they provided it on board. My partner gets very sea sick and really can't cruise without it.

Archived