General ??????

mikeblum

What is everyone's most favorite time of the yr. to cruise...month or season...for us it's definately the late winter months of Feb and Mar...so we can get the heck out of Minnesota...and have also taken a couple in late Nov and early December...but only 1 or 2...i think our last 14 have been in either March or February...we are very predictable creatures of habit...it all started in 1991 on the Majesty of the Sea's...out of Miami...

for us it's definately the late winter months of Feb and Mar...so we can get the heck out of Minnesota...

AMEN on that. :D A year ago Feb. when we flew to San Juan it was 100° warmer there than the morning we left. Of course this year was the Winter without a Winter so missig cold weather cruise escape was not a big deal. Had to go May this time because we like Transatlantics so April-May will probably be our more common time frame. Of course late-July-August is best time for Alaska.

personally i have never sailed during Hurricane season but i have been told that the seas can be a little more active with larger swels...but you can get some great prices on cruisng in september and october...becuase the kids have already gone back to school and the ships have vacancies...

What is everyone's most favorite time of the yr. to cruise...month or season...for us it's definately the late winter months of Feb and Mar...so we can get the heck out of Minnesota...and have also taken a couple in late Nov and early December...but only 1 or 2...i think our last 14 have been in either March or February...we are very predictable creatures of habit...it all started in 1991 on the Majesty of the Sea's...out of Miami...

April or early May. Water is warm, no hurricanes to worry about, typically great weather in the caribbean at that time of year.

We do 3 nighters all year round, but for our 7 night cruise and then a land vacation in the islands, we always pick those 2 months.

We really enjoy the last week of February. Being from MN also - going at this time of the year it feels like winter is almost over. We have taken trips earlier in the winter - then the winter seems to last forever! Our son & daughter just assume every winter we will be gone the same week. Already have our 2013 cruise booked - the last weekend in Feb of course

Seem to like mid and late winter...other folks like all yr round and others in the spring...and of course if you live close enough to the pier anytime is the right time in getting a last minute steal of a deal and just driving to the port from home...we should be so lucky...

Agree with fellow Minnesotans! We took a cruise in early February several years ago. Got back to Mpls, it was minus 20, the car wouldn't start, and I am trying to chip off 2-3 inches of frozen slush/snow while waiting for a jump (something northern tier folks understand).

We are leaving tomorrow for San Juan and 7 delightful days in the sun! Then, get back and get on the golf course. . .

My favorite time is also the only time my employer will let me go. November-March. We mostly go Dec. & Jan. And yes to leave a Minnesota winter to enjoy warmth. Just today the last of the snow has left my yard due to rain over the past 12 hours. I know we'll get more over the next 5-6 weeks ( most likely). But my recent January cruise is still fresh in my mind and I can now handle the rest of winter/spring.

Spring and autumn only, for the Med.

Winter for Egypt.

June for Scandinavia.

Our only Caribbean cruise was March.....if OH can ever persuade me to go again, it will be for one week in March for him and then the transatlantic home for me.....:D

Jo.

Archived