The "new" Celebrity Secrets thread

ghstudio

Anyone have a good idea on how best to travel from Southampton to London following deparking from Celebrity Eclipse at end of transatlantic cruise May 4,2012. There is a train and excursion that goes to the airport but I am not interested in going to the airport as I plan to stay over in London and visit a friend.

Take the Stonehenge tour. We did it last year. A great tour with an awesome guide. We spent some time in Salisbury, Stonehenge, drove past Windsor Castle, etc. before heading back to Heathrow. they will probably take you wherever you like, or have a combined Stonehenge/London excursion. It was one of the highlights of our trip.

Take the Stonehenge tour. We did it last year. A great tour with an awesome guide. We spent some time in Salisbury, Stonehenge, drove past Windsor Castle, etc. before heading back to Heathrow. they will probably take you wherever you like, or have a combined Stonehenge/London excursion. It was one of the highlights of our trip.

Great Celebrity Secrets Tip..Thanks!!!:rolleyes:

[quote name=demon_princezz; wrote:

Another point' date=' which I'm not sure if it's really a secret, but some of our fellow travellers did not realise that there was storage directly above the bed on the wall. It usually has a spare pillow/bed throw in it, but it was big enough for DH to put some of his clothes in."""

Great post. I am writing this, sitting in my room on the Equinox. I never saw that space! I looked up and OMG there are storage cabinets there!

This is why cruise critic is great[/quote]

Brilliant! Glad you discovered it!

Contrary to what I have read on this board, there is complementary coffee served with your dessert. However, there are premium coffees that can be purchased.

What about hot tea? All other lines let me order it w/ dessert. I am NOT a coffee drinker unless it's Starbucks- white chocolate mocha- or lots of chocolate, whipped cream, etc... :)

What about hot tea? All other lines let me order it w/ dessert. I am NOT a coffee drinker unless it's Starbucks- white chocolate mocha- or lots of chocolate, whipped cream, etc... :)

Yes, hot tea is available for all meals. I drink both. Sometimes I feel

like coffee, other times a cup of tea:)

Yes, hot tea is available for all meals. I drink both. Sometimes I feel

like coffee, other times a cup of tea:)

I am usually the one person at the dinner table that orders hot tea- everyone else is coffee... but they pick up on it quick!

BTW, We are on the Solstice Med in June... I hope you can give me a heads up on the type of activities they offered on sea days and such when you get back! :)

I am usually the one person at the dinner table that orders hot tea- everyone else is coffee... but they pick up on it quick!

BTW, We are on the Solstice Med in June... I hope you can give me a heads up on the type of activities they offered on sea days and such when you get back! :)

Well, I am on Equinox:D..and we have lots of port days so I will be

off the ship. We have 2 sea days and to be honest, I end up doing

lots of nothing;).....if there are culinary events I do enjoy those:)

Contrary to what I have read on this board, there is complementary coffee served with your dessert. However, there are premium coffees that can be purchased.

Well, I don't know where you read you couldn't get coffee with your dessert, but that's simply not the case. You may have complimentary regular coffee with your dessert. Choice of regular or decaf.

Well, I am on Equinox:D..and we have lots of port days so I will be

off the ship. We have 2 sea days and to be honest, I end up doing

lots of nothing;).....if there are culinary events I do enjoy those:)

I know, different ports... but it will give me an idea of what to look for.. and yes... culinary events is what I am looking for... maybe scrap booking and I do try a martini or mixology class too!

I know, different ports... but it will give me an idea of what to look for.. and yes... culinary events is what I am looking for... maybe scrap booking and I do try a martini or mixology class too!

Oh, I have never done scrap booking.....not my thing.

As for Martini/mixology? I am there:D

Well, I don't know where you read you couldn't get coffee with your dessert, but that's simply not the case. You may have complimentary regular coffee with your dessert. Choice of regular or decaf.

I was just thinking--maybe I am thinking of Princess? Definitely one of the cruiselines I was thinking of taking, people consistently said that coffee was not free after dinner.

I have never been on a cruise where they charged for 'regular' coffee anywhere! You can even get it at the bars...

What happened to the original purpose of this board...Celebrity Secrets? Are they all out???:rolleyes:

The folks running the on-board shops on Celebrity will report you to US Customs if your purchases total more then $830.00. You will receive a letter stating that you must report to a meeting with a Custom official before you disembark. We showed our Canadian passports and were passed through because the purchases were not remaining in the US. We did see several US citizens having to shell out custom fees for their on-board purchases. I checked with shop personnel on a subsequent cruise and was told that it was "company policy" to report seapass purchases to US Customs.:(:(:(

Does this also apply to the UK customs for passengers on the Eclipse (which sails out of Southampton)?

Can anyone tell me with the "soda" package on Celebrity do you get a thermal drink cup with it? (I do on Royal Caribbean) ....

We have had the package in the past. In recent times, I s cans rather than fountain. So drink mugs seem to have gone, replaced with glass and ice

Archived