Can you smell smoke at lawn club restaurant

Dena

I would like to try this place for lunch, but it is near a smoking area. I imagine, if the wind shifts, smoke would be smelled at the restaurant. Has anyone experienced this?

Ate there twice on Silhouette, never had a problem, there are large plexiglass panels that protect much of the restaurant so I think smoke would have a hard time getting into the restaurant area.

I did not notice any smoke when I dined there and never noticed smoke when watching the Hot Glass Show on sister ship Equinox (same part of ship where the Lawn Club Grill is located). The smoking area is far enough away that it is highly unlikely to be noticeable (and this coming from someone that abhors cigarette smoke and is very sensitive to the smell).

There is almost always a 20 mph wind across that top deck from bow to stern (after all, the ship is moving at roughly 20 mph). It would take quite a bit of smoke to travel the distance from where smoking is allowed in the stern, and then FORWARD across open space to the restaurant area.

There is almost always a 20 mph wind across that top deck from bow to stern (after all, the ship is moving at roughly 20 mph). It would take quite a bit of smoke to travel the distance from where smoking is allowed in the stern, and then FORWARD across open space to the restaurant area.

If the ship is heading North making 20 mph of winds and there is a 25 mph of wind coming from the South, that would be a possibility of the smoke drafting forward at 5 mph. Not very likely, but a possibility??? :)

If the ship is heading North making 20 mph of winds and there is a 25 mph of wind coming from the South, that would be a possibility of the smoke drafting forward at 5 mph. Not very likely, but a possibility??? :)

Thanks for the physics lesson, however, your scenario assumes that the ship would continue to make a 20 MPH with at tail wind of 25 MPH. While this is possible, it is eaually likely that the superstructure, acting as a giant sail, would allow the captain to make more speed. It is not a slam dunk, as it depends on many variables, including the distance to next port, the amount of stabilizer usage needed to provide passenger comfort. and a thousand other factors that the captain goes to school for 4 years to learn.

Archived