Can you see your onboard account on your stateroom tv?

Terry in NJ

I will be on the Crown, sailing next Saturday.

(Here's a big WOOO HOOO by the way!)

Are the onboard accounts accessible on your stateroom tv's?

I want to check if the TA's credit is there before we sail, BUT DO NOT want to get in that first day customer service line... In case there's a problem, I'd rather give her a call while we're still in FLL.

Thanks so much.

No you cannot view your shipboard account in your cabin....Princess is way behind on this one.:rolleyes:

You'll have to go to the Purser's desk to check and sometimes the on board credit does not show up the first day but will the following day.

Enjoy your cruise!:)

Many of the ships now have a computer terminal with a printer (adjacent to Passenger Service Desk) that allows you to slide your cruise card and then you can print your own printout any time you want and you do not have to stand in line. This worked for us.

Many of the ships now have a computer terminal with a printer (adjacent to Passenger Service Desk) that allows you to slide your cruise card and then you can print your own printout any time you want and you do not have to stand in line. This worked for us.

Very few have it.

Many?? I thought it was only two or three ships in the fleet.

Many?? I thought it was only two or three ships in the fleet.

In the past 3 months I've been on the Ocean. Grand and Pacific. None of these ships have it. I know the Sapphire has it, so perhaps the Diamond does too. We will board the Diamond on the 15th, so will know for sure at that time.

Oh yes, last year the Star, Emerald and Ruby didn't have it either.

In the past 3 months I've been on the Ocean. Grand and Pacific. None of these ships have it. I know the Sapphire has it, so perhaps the Diamond does too. We will board the Diamond on the 15th, so will know for sure at that time.

Oh yes, last year the Star, Emerald and Ruby didn't have it either.

Yes, I remember reading that the Sapphire was the first to have it. Then it appeared on another ship but I thought it was the Emerald (not positive) I knew you would know.....I want to be just like you one day!;)

It was on the Emerald in early November, but the printer quit working one day and was not replaced by mid-February. We met someone from the ship's IT department. He said the entire system was going to be imminently upgraded and that was why the printer was not replaced.

?

Once the Princess fleet is eventually outfitted with those terminals, it will be really nice - we had those on our most recent Carnival cruise and they're pretty slick! Sure helps reduce the line up at passenger services :)

Yes, I remember reading that the Sapphire was the first to have it. Then it appeared on another ship but I thought it was the Emerald (not positive) I knew you would know.....I want to be just like you one day!;)

Does that include bodily parts that I don't like? :p

I don't recall seeing it on the Emerald, but if it doesn't print it might as well not be there.

As of the March 10-17 sailing on the Crown, they had just received the terminal that prints your statement. It was located next to passenger services. They had someone showing you how to use it as they said it was brand new and they were still testing it.

I was going to answer... "Of course you can view your Onboard $$ Summary on your tv", because we did just that on our Cruise last Summer... but that was on Carnival Glory ! It was simple and easy. Surprised you can't on Princess. Hope the Computer Terminal is in working condition when we also board the Crown next Saturday as both DH and I like to keep up with what we have spent !!

I was going to answer... "Of course you can view your Onboard $$ Summary on your tv", because we did just that on our Cruise last Summer... but that was on Carnival Glory ! It was simple and easy. Surprised you can't on Princess. Hope the Computer Terminal is in working condition when we also board the Crown next Saturday as both DH and I like to keep up with what we have spent !!

Yes, we have sailed the Carnival Valor and the Pride and both ships had the capabilities of checking your account on your TV. Great service! Just assumed all ships did....

As of the March 10-17 sailing on the Crown, they had just received the terminal that prints your statement. It was located next to passenger services. They had someone showing you how to use it as they said it was brand new and they were still testing it.

This sounds great.

And THANKS TO ALL for all the responses.

The Caribbean Princess had the self service printers when we were on a sailing the middle of February. Loved it! They actually have two of them (one of each side of the customer service desk). I used it several times during the cruise. It was especially nice to walk up to the machine the night before disembarkation at about 10 PM and get a print out without having to worry about dealing with the 50 people in line at the desk waiting to talk to someone.

We loved this feature on RCCL earlier this year - we checked it multiple times per day. It was kind of fun to buy a drink or something and see how long it took to show up on our TV. The GF's massage never showed up :eek:

Does that include bodily parts that I don't like? :p

I don't recall seeing it on the Emerald, but if it doesn't print it might as well not be there.

We're just off the Emerald and they had the terminal last week with a printer. It was really ehlpful and seemed to reduce the lines for the purser's desk.

We're just off the Emerald and they had the terminal last week with a printer. It was really ehlpful and seemed to reduce the lines for the purser's desk.

I loved the convenience of the "do it yourself" on the Sapphire and hoping the Diamond has it too when we board on the 15th.

I loved the convenience of the "do it yourself" on the Sapphire and hoping the Diamond has it too when we board on the 15th.

For you I hope they do have it. When we disembarked the Diamond after our Asia cruise last May, there was no do it yourself terminal. Stood in the 'short' line and asked for a printout.

For you I hope they do have it. When we disembarked the Diamond after our Asia cruise last May, there was no do it yourself terminal. Stood in the 'short' line and asked for a printout.

I have no qualms with waiting in line, because I get a printout every few days when there is no line. :)

I have no qualms with waiting in line, because I get a printout every few days when there is no line. :)

We do the same thing. Easier to keep track of it that way, instead of having to do the whole cruise all at once at the end. Have never found a bad charge, but still like to stay on top of it.

Archived