Who is current Cruise Director on the Eclipse?

cls711

Mike Gibbons

Mr. Gibbons took a big shot from poster Archaego today "Something wrong on Eclipse"::eek:

"And our CD was so full of himself (I know a strong personality matters, but he didnt seem to care about the pax) that it was a turnoff when he came to an event (he skipped the pax talent show entirely)."

Mr. Gibbons took a big shot from poster Archaego today "Something wrong on Eclipse"::eek:

"And our CD was so full of himself (I know a strong personality matters, but he didnt seem to care about the pax) that it was a turnoff when he came to an event (he skipped the pax talent show entirely)."

Personally, I like Mike. I heard the complaint from some on my B2B that he was everywhere. Much too involved. Perhaps he was reacting to those comments??? Speak to him once and he will greet you very warmly whenever he meets you. He sometimes appears to bit a bit too energetic. Probably says: "Celebrity Life Activities" too many times. However, he is talented and really seems to enjoy what he is doing.

Lisa Richard will be on the Eclipse for the next two months.

She was our 17 March silhouette cruise director and was transferring to the Eclipse when we arrived in Bayonne.

Mari

Lisa Richard will be on the Eclipse for the next two months.

She was our 17 March silhouette cruise director and was transferring to the Eclipse when we arrived in Bayonne.

Mari

That is great news!!!! Lisa is just wonderful.

Anne

Lisa Richard will be on the Eclipse for the next two months. She was our 17 March silhouette cruise director and was transferring to the Eclipse when we arrived in Bayonne.

Mari

X are not having a good time with CD's at the moment I think.

Saw Lisa on the Si in February this year.... Very poor. :(

Who knows, maybe the change will pick things up.

Anne, isn't it strange how peoples views differ. Again and as with several CDs, it's all about her.

I found her rude with no inter-personal skills at all. We passed her on and off the ship at a few ports, and she spoke to nobody, both getting on and off the ship. I appreciate they do have breaks and get time to themselves, but they are the "front of house" and people naturally want to speak to the CD if they are seen around.

Anyway, sorry, but I have to disagree with you. Anyone know the reason for her moving? - I wonder??

X are not having a good time with CD's at the moment I think.

Saw Lisa on the Si in February this year.... Very poor. :(

Who knows, maybe the change will pick things up.

Anne, isn't it strange how peoples views differ. Again and as with several CDs, it's all about her.

I found her rude with no inter-personal skills at all. We passed her on and off the ship at a few ports, and she spoke to nobody, both getting on and off the ship. I appreciate they do have breaks and get time to themselves, but they are the "front of house" and people naturally want to speak to the CD if they are seen around.

Anyway, sorry, but I have to disagree with you. Anyone know the reason for her moving? - I wonder??

We were on the Solstice in the Med with Lisa in September and just loved her. She was so personable and spoke to us every time she saw us. We had many conversations with her, enjoyed her singing and felt that she did a great job.

However, we were on the Eclipse with Q one time and didn't care for him at all. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

Carole

Personally, I like Mike. I heard the complaint from some on my B2B that he was everywhere. Much too involved. Perhaps he was reacting to those comments??? Speak to him once and he will greet you very warmly whenever he meets you. He sometimes appears to bit a bit too energetic. Probably says: "Celebrity Life Activities" too many times. However, he is talented and really seems to enjoy what he is doing.

Agree on all points!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When will the CD be announced on the Reflection?

Hi,:) if things go as they have in the past for "new ship openings"

The Weir Brothers have opened each S class ship. Simon and Nick

have been on all of them. Not sure if it will hold true for Reflection

or not......I am guessing Host Andy might know;)

We had Q on our TA on Equinox. He was different. Just had Justin on Millennium and he seemed to do a good job. It's not an easy job.

Cruiseacecat ~ so sorry I missed you in Micheal's at the end of the last cruise. Drop me an email.

Mike Gibbons was the Eclipse CD for our January cruise. He was leaving soon after our cruise, but I thought he said he was going to be back in late May. I thought he'd said he would rejoin the ship when it got to Southampton.

He announced his engagement, and had a one-man show in the afternoon the day before we left. It was excellent. I thought his staff was great, and I thought he did a fine job. I really didnt have any real interfacing with him...which I usually Dont with any CD, but he did just fine with us. And yes I guess he could have a pretty large ego, but that is kind of a common thing in that type of job.

If they just recently brought on a new CD, Mr Gibbons may not be coming back as I remember it. We'll see when we rejoin the Eclipse 26 May for our Baltic cruise.

One of the funnist reviews I read on a CD was a woman who said their CD was 'too old and worn' and always smiled and said nice things to their face, but she just knew the CD was snickering at them behind their backs. My reaction was.....nice to have eyes in the back of your head to see her 'snickering'. A very sexist thing to say....and by anther woman...go figure.

Den

I totally agree. We really enjoyed Mikes humor and energy!

Mike Gibbons was the Eclipse CD for our January cruise. He was leaving soon after our cruise, but I thought he said he was going to be back in late May. I thought he'd said he would rejoin the ship when it got to Southampton.

He announced his engagement, and had a one-man show in the afternoon the day before we left. It was excellent. I thought his staff was great, and I thought he did a fine job. I really didnt have any real interfacing with him...which I usually Dont with any CD, but he did just fine with us. And yes I guess he could have a pretty large ego, but that is kind of a common thing in that type of job.

If they just recently brought on a new CD, Mr Gibbons may not be coming back as I remember it. We'll see when we rejoin the Eclipse 26 May for our Baltic cruise.

One of the funnist reviews I read on a CD was a woman who said their CD was 'too old and worn' and always smiled and said nice things to their face, but she just knew the CD was snickering at them behind their backs. My reaction was.....nice to have eyes in the back of your head to see her 'snickering'. A very sexist thing to say....and by anther woman...go figure.

Den

new to celebrity. Read many eclipse threads, have plenty of previous with RCL Legend twice IOTS and other cruise lines plus AOS next year to iceland

interesting to read about CD and the return on 26 may to Russia, seems we will get the chance to meet Mike if you are correct. Have logged in for CC get together, is it the place to catch up on what special about eclipse.

Just got off the Eclipse and it was Lisa's first cruise on her. It took me a while to like Lisa, but by the end of the cruise, I loved her! She was funny, personable, energetic and a great singer. I wish we had heard more of her singing.

Archived